Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by wmjeffer, Aug 30, 2018.

1. AnnaKat

AnnaKat Mouseketeer

Lisa, I'll bet your son is looking forward to the prime rib! I remembered that you shared that he would enjoy ordering steak off of the adult menu with the deluxe dining plan :)

2. AnnaKat

AnnaKat Mouseketeer

I think you're right. Way too good of a deal for 1 TS credit, which will only make it even more in demand! BOG is 2 TS.
    Maybe when breakfast is added and that is "only " $25 for a pre-fix and only 1 TS credit, then they'll raise the dinner to 2 TS credits.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Mika02

Mika02 Disney is in my blood

To me this menu sounds way better then the BOG menu especially for the kids (chicken tenders are available upon request). Depending on the review on the food I will hopefully have a reservation for my April trip..

gwynne and Madame like this.
  5. coolbrook

coolbrook DIS Veteran

Thanks to all of you I got on just now and made a reservation for 4 on March 16! This looks like a fun evening!

gwynne likes this.
  6. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

I got my ADR for our January trip and our March trip, because eventually I will have to pick one month or the other, just haven’t decided which one yet.

Cloe Colton and gwynne like this.
  7. Deffenm

Deffenm DIS Veteran

So excited we have our reservations for our Spring Break trip!

8. Lisa F

Lisa F is a very wise woman

He is now a Disney adult :sad:But yes, we are going to give this a try! I explained that prime rib was a ribeye steak but as a roast and he loves ribeye. I'm not sure he's had prime rib before! I wish the potatoes weren't horseradish, going to have to figure that out (maybe it will be mild?). I'm wondering if they would do some pasta with cheese sauce on the side, I've had good luck with getting kid mac and cheese as a side to adult entrees in other spots.

AnnaKat likes this.
  9. cmorrison87

cmorrison87 Earning My Ears

Joining so I can follow. Planning a trip for Fall 2019!

10. MeridaMonkey

MeridaMonkey Mouseketeer

The article on the Disney Food Blog mentioned that the OOP price did not include any alcoholic beverages, would that apply to the Dining Plan as well? That could explain that it's only one TS credit and not two.

We have reservations for April, I can't wait!!

11. pangyal

pangyal #TeamSven

I think they might keep it one TS credit, since a) it is a bit of a pain to get to, and b) Akershus is about the same pricing and has remained at one credit. Fingers crossed!

twoolle and Micharlotte like this.
  12. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

13. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

Lisa- just ask if there is a substitution.

14. Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL

Party.Of.4-NY>>>FL Idn't know I was supposed to be lookin for him sir

I agree with both points.

If I’m not mistaken, Jiko and HDDR are the only 2 credit meals NOT located on the monorail or in the easily-accessible Epcot resorts and neither of them is a particularly tough ADR to get. Even with Jiko’s highly acclaimed cuisine and HDDR’s iconic show, I feel the 2 credit ask deters many guests from investing the travel time required. This might also be true if this new Artist Point Storybook Dining was a 2 credit ask.

I’m actaully surprised Akershus hasn’t already been increased to 2 credits. I feel Disney is missing a golden opportunity to turn us upside down and shake every last dollar out of our pockets here. With its in-park location already being convenient to Epcot guests, they could redecorate the interior to resemble an ice palace, put Elsa at the front door rather than Belle, have Anna and Kristoff roam the dining room, and many guests would be begging to spend 2 credits there.

AnnaKat and jcjen519 like this.
  15. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

Well, I canceled my ADR in Feb. I was only going to try it for the new menu but I don't feel its worth it at that price - I was already iffy on it at $55. I booked Storybook dining instead.

16. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

There is Tiffins in AK and Hollywood Brown Derby in HS

17. Pdollar88

Pdollar88 DIS Veteran

Any idea on whether Artists Point will accept AP discounts now that it is a character meal?

18. PetePanMan

PetePanMan DIS Veteran

darn, I missed the opening up of reservations (going Dec 17-24th) and there is nothing available. Just curious, has anyone been successful reserving for 5 or 6 people?

19. DaisyDuck001

DaisyDuck001 DIS Veteran

That's among the busiest times of year. You'll probably have better luck on a future trip at a less busy time.

20. PiperGirlInWondrland

PiperGirlInWondrland DIS Veteran

try splitting into smaller parties i could not find anything bigger than 4 on the first day it opened up

21. PetePanMan

PetePanMan DIS Veteran

hmmm....we have tried close to 50 misc. dates in 180 booking period and there is nothing available for 5 people.