Storybook Dining at Artist Point Watch Thread!

We had dinner here tonight as well. I will say that they need more coaching on the allergy menus. If I were to describe the evening in broad strokes, I would definitely say that the setting is beautiful, the character interactions were great, the Queen is fabulous, and the food is extremely creative. If I were to nitpick, I would say that there were quite a few bumps and growing pains evident, especially on the allergy front (the servers have not been trained on allergy-friendly offerings). Also, the character handler literally yelled at my kiddo to stop trying to do bunny ears on Grumpy for the photo and he never really turned himself around from that...I thought it was odd and it was a total mood-killer. Overall, I would definitely recommend it, though, and would return.
Yeah, they don't like when kids, or adults cause face it, they'll do stuff too, try to do stuff to the characters. Yelling wasn't right but they are trained to do whatever it is. Firmly.

I guess growing pains are inevitable for a new venue. Surprised they didn't have a book for allergies. Everywhere else does

Yeah, they don't like when kids, or adults cause face it, they'll do stuff too, try to do stuff to the characters. Yelling wasn't right but they are trained to do whatever it is. Firmly.

I guess growing pains are inevitable for a new venue. Surprised they didn't have a book for allergies. Everywhere else does
I get the reasoning behind it, but it wasn’t consistent throughout our trip this week as other character handlers literally egged him on when he started doing it. Another table (all adults) actually called the handler over to ask why she had yelled at a kid in the middle of a restaurant. I think that all of the staff members were really on edge since they have all worked so hard to make a cohesive experience and she likely didn’t mean to come off as jarringly brusque as she did, but it was still a weird moment.

With regards to the allergy menu, they actually don’t even have one. They just have the exact same menu (pro tip- if you need the allergy menu, ask for the regular one as well, since that has the fun drinks in it and the full wine list) with notes below indicating which allergens are present. There are no modifications available as of now to any dish to make them allergy friendly, so I hope that they can make some progress on this front over the next little while. I ended up being served a plain piece of snapper with a single lettuce leaf underneath it since the server simply had no idea about whether cheese was used in the risotto or not ( or if it was, if it could be made without it), so it was just left off, as was the sauce, even though I explained that butter would not be a problem.

Thanks to everyone who posted reviews. My dining reservation window opens in 13 days and I really want to book this.

I get the reasoning behind it, but it wasn’t consistent throughout our trip this week as other character handlers literally egged him on when he started doing it. Another table (all adults) actually called the handler over to ask why she had yelled at a kid in the middle of a restaurant. I think that all of the staff members were really on edge since they have all worked so hard to make a cohesive experience and she likely didn’t mean to come off as jarringly brusque as she did, but it was still a weird moment.

With regards to the allergy menu, they actually don’t even have one. They just have the exact same menu (pro tip- if you need the allergy menu, ask for the regular one as well, since that has the fun drinks in it and the full wine list) with notes below indicating which allergens are present. There are no modifications available as of now to any dish to make them allergy friendly, so I hope that they can make some progress on this front over the next little while. I ended up being served a plain piece of snapper with a single lettuce leaf underneath it since the server simply had no idea about whether cheese was used in the risotto or not ( or if it was, if it could be made without it), so it was just left off, as was the sauce, even though I explained that butter would not be a problem.
Wow. That is not good regarding the allergies and a menu. Something Disney has excelled with at other locations. Just marking them without modifications sounds like a bad compromise. If this is a new test I hope they change their minds

I am now looking even more forward to this meal on Tuesday! My husband has been wearing his Grumpy shirts and had one set aside for this meal.

Isn’t cost relative though? Exchange rates are the same no matter how you are spending your time or where you are eating. You are paying a high exchange rate for the whole trip so you might as well have the good experiences and cut corners on the meals that aren’t “experiences”. Just my thoughts.

I agree but when the price gets up to $200 for 1 meal that’s when I start to draw the line on experiences...

Wow...just wow. Totally worth all the major plan changes (including flight) to come here. For the appetizers and desserts they bring one of each item per person so no worries about sharing. The soup was great, I’m a bit of a picky eater and still loved it. I got the prime rib and it was also very well done. The desserts were wonderful too, my favorite was the gooseberry pie which also surprised me. Tasted almost like an apple pie.

Go while you can, I do not anticipate it staying one dining credit for long. The staff was so excited about the change so the energy was great! They introduced the characters and a couple of times throughout the meal did a song where they danced around. I heard whistle while you work and the silly song. Dopey has always had a special place in my heart so it was great to meet him. All the characters were very interactive. Snow White and the dwarves come around to the table and the evil queen stays at a set spot in the middle of the restaurant where you can greet her with a photopass photographer at the end.

It was totally worth it and I would definitely recommend it!
Did you dine solo? I have a solo reservation in January and wonder what my experience will be like.

interesting that the chef didn't come out to talk to you about the allergies. I thought they usually did that. But, smart move on the risotto - its made with parmesan cheese usually. Its the cheese that typically binds it together so its not just rice with veggies

Looking forward to more reviews coming in, too! We’re booked for March but I’ve been leaning towards cancelling. Early review have me wavering on that! The appetizers don’t sound appealing to any of our party and several in the group just aren’t going to eat that much, so it’s hard to justify the price (even with this meal DDP didn’t make sense for us last time I ran the numbers). But if the quality and the characters are great...hmm.

I hope they will fix the lack of an allergy menu before our dinner on Dec 29th!!

Did you dine solo? I have a solo reservation in January and wonder what my experience will be like.
Yes I dined solo and it worked out well. The tables are close by so I was easily able to ask a neighbor to take a few pictures. And the queen has a photopass photographer so that was really nice. I was so busy enjoying all the food and the atmosphere I didn’t even think much about being solo.

I didn't think about this when I made our ADR for May, but after looking at a lot of the reviews it seems like the restaurant has a different ambience when it's dark outside. It seems like the sparkling lights on the tree branches stand out a lot more. I'm thinking about changing our reservation to later in the evening.

I didn't think about this when I made our ADR for May, but after looking at a lot of the reviews it seems like the restaurant has a different ambience when it's dark outside. It seems like the sparkling lights on the tree branches stand out a lot more. I'm thinking about changing our reservation to later in the evening.

I agree. I have one in January and one in May ... will stalk to try to get both later after sunset.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter