Stress, Celebration and early departures now live from Disney 8/22 complete

Tonight was a first! We had a decent meal at Hollywood Studios. Usually it is the worst food (on par with your local supermarket cafe) but we decided before Fantasmic to give the ‘improved ‘ ABC Commissary a go. I wasn’t holding out much hope. Wrong! It might only be average for WDW in general but for DHS it was outstanding. I had a chicken Mediterranean salad with feta, olives and peppers and houmous with pita bread. It was a very nice salad. Very fresh and tasty. DD had ribs. She ate about half and they looked good. DS had the burger. He didn’t eat much of this not because he disliked the burger or onion rings, pickles and cheese inside but because he hadn’t realised that it contained pulled pork and he’s not a fan.
I had a watermelon margarita to drink and this was not only delicious but packed a little punch.
Well done DHS! A good meal 2F516D3F-9165-4656-BBBF-6435AA105E86.jpeg4B844B85-2B11-43CC-BB9D-296B9BFB6AC5.jpeg176848C3-90D5-486F-B42D-1FF10C24F077.jpegE4E115B2-762B-4CB8-B1F9-E320007956D2.jpegbrought to your table.

On the way out of MK DS decided to have another plaza sundae. I didn’t take a photo of his as it was identical to the previous one but what I did forget to mention is that you get a choice of 2 scoops of ice cream in this and today he went for cookies and cream with strawberry. I succumbed to the ‘All American Sundae ‘ with chocolate and vanilla ice cream and hot fudge and peanut butter sauce. This was so good but I dread to think what the fat content is!!!! View attachment 424277

This looks delicious!

Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better (wow does Disney food improve year on year) tonight we visited the Polite Pig at DS. Although the hour wait for a bus meant we couldn’t make it to fireworks afterwards the food was fabulous. I expected it to be good value for money but it surpassed many ts meals I have eaten.
For 3 cs:
I had prime brisket, smoked cauliflower, slaw, jalapeño cornbread and a grapefruit margarita. The beef and slaw were good but the cauliflower and cornbread were amazing. The margarita was one of the best I have ever tried and bizarrely not as sour as the peach Bellini at BOG.
DS had the ribs. Now I often see people say on disboards that they can split meals. Let me tell you we rarely find this. These ribs were a full rack. Still with slaw and jalapeño cornbread but he went with waffle fries and a soft drink (I think the ID situation over here is putting him off drinking!)
DD had the pork shoulder with the same sides as DS and a water.
I could seriously return here tomorrow!

We absolutely LOVE the Polite Pig! It's delicious and typically so much food! Not cheap, but completely worth it for the great quality food!

We came back to the resort and decided to try the French Quarter for lunch. I definitely prefer the Riverside Mill. DD used a snack credit for carrot and celery (with ranch but of course she didn’t want the ranch). We split a portion of beignets. Im glad I tried to them but it they weren’t anything special IMHO.
DS had the lasagne which he ate before I could take a photo. I had the Voodoo chicken. Chicken in a bun with Swiss, mushrooms and onions. The Voodoo sauce was nice and spicy but not too hot and served on the side. Very nice but I’ll stick to POR in future although one plus is that they have the freestyle coke machines and also hot tea.View attachment 424513View attachment 424514View attachment 424515View attachment 424516

The chicken sandwich looks yummy! That would be right up my DH's alley.

In a two week trip we always have a day when everyone can’t be bothered to eat and no one wants to get up! Today was that day. I was up just after 8 but the other two didn’t appear until nearer lunch. I enjoyed a quiet morning by the pool. When DS appeared he wandered over to the food court to see if they still had any breakfast offerings and came back with a Mickey waffle and juice. DD didn’t eat anything and I had an early lunch. The fries were fantastic again but the burger tasted as if it had been sitting around for ages. As I had missed a meal though I did have a naughty treat. We don’t really get pumpkin flavoured foods in the U.K. so I often get them if I find them and this pumpkin cheesecake was amazing. Didn’t need the bit of jam on top though.0AF10157-C57E-4260-839C-2DB102EA2A40.jpeg762458BE-7765-4AB2-8DB9-CFBB4F2A4F34.jpegE1F7023E-1DB5-45FA-B8DA-71CFF7C6863D.jpeg

Late this evening we ate in Epcot. DD had eaten a bag of Mickey veggie crisps late afternoon for a snack credit and then went to Japan for Beef Udon noodles. She had a cup of iced water and DS had an Asahi beer. We went with fish and chips in the U.K. mainly because we walked all around the world Showcase without being inspired elsewhere. Since when do Kringla Og not serve savoury meals? I was very disappointed. I did have a harp lager with my meal.838FA39A-36D0-4950-A7E3-E9EA8629A7F4.jpegEBDD1BAB-59B2-4B30-860B-7BBA6A105BD4.jpeg

Thank you for doing a live report! I love following and your choices so far were great! I am doing mostly character meals my next trip again b/c of the kids, but I'd like to try some of the places you have gone tried.
Thank you. Lovely comments like yours have motivated me to keep going!
We spent many years of characters and table service and definitely no time to live report! Partially because the kids were little and also we used to visit in October and November and the temperatures meant we would eat more!!!

Today was designated gift shopping day at Disney Springs. DS was persuaded to join us by a WPE breakfast. Served from 9-11 this puts park cs and resort cs breakfasts to shame. DS had the full breakfast. You can opt for bacon or sausage. He went for sausage. The potatoes are little jacket spuds. HE wasn’t keen. I thought they were lovely. You can also choose wholemeal or sourdough toast. I was torn between the chocolate chip waffles and the cornflakes French toast. As DD chose the former I went for the latter but hers was definitely the winner. The coffee is refillable and was taken care of by our server.A1DF675B-F9C6-4560-880C-50A6B6E96409.jpegACEA894C-EE10-4C70-9E9D-78D1A17EE82E.jpeg28E7F77B-18FE-4731-83C9-67236DA6DFB0.jpeg

After 3 hours of shopping we called for a light lunch at Polite Pig. For a cs you can also choose 3 side orders. As no-one was hungry enough for a large meal we used two cs to choose six sides and added another grapefruit margarita for me and a bud light for DS. DD is still on iced water!!!
We ordered two waffle fries as I knew both kids enjoyed these last time. Another cauliflower which was also delicious. Then we added sweet potato tots with Parmesan. Good but not obviously sweet potato. Watermelon and feta salad which was divine but too big for one person. Also we tried the chipotle breadcrumb corn. Again really nice.
This is my new favourite place.CF7324AE-C8E8-4B53-836B-73A36C9570C6.jpegD7742E59-FE22-48FF-8C40-8F48C9629770.jpeg

Mich123 the chips and batter are almost identical to those served in the U.K. but the fish is nothing like cod! Still good though when you want carbs and comfort food.

Having eaten a substantial breakfast and lunch we decided just to snack at Hollywood Studios tonight. Wow that Star Wars show is so good! WE had drinks from Starbucks and DD had a chocolate brownie. DS had a Mickey Pretzel again. When we got back to our resort I went for a decaf coffee and DD used leftover snacks for apple slices with caramel and another bag of these little wonders.071A7539-2FEA-45C5-928B-67F5A7E808C3.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter