Stuff not on Room Service Menu

This might seem like overkill but here it goes :) So even if I ordered a couple of Mickey bars and wanted to save one for later on that day, say about 6 hrs, it would have melted in the fridges on the Dream? I have no shame in eating at least two Mickey bars a day while on our trip ;)

Also, would anyone know of any other quick way to grab a Mickey bar while on the Dream? I know they are available at dinner in the dining rooms but perhaps I could visit the Monsters Inc. ice cream location (by the pool?) and grab some instead of bothering room service for it multiple times a day. Is that possible?

Lol I know each of those bars are about 300 calories (yikes!) but I always see Guests eating them at the parks while I'm working and they are so expensive in the parks that when I get a chance to have them for free, I'm willing to pay the price later on at the gym!

We cruised on the Magic in February. I got three coffee cups from the beverage station and filled them with ice. I put these in the "cooling box" on the top shelf. I had a Mickey bar in there over night and it was still semi-frozen. The ice cream was a little soft but the chocolate had not melted or fallen off the stick. We also kept chocolate milks that we brought back from breakfast. I replaced the ice every night. You can also tell your stateroom host/hostess to fill your ice bucket at turndown. When we sailed the Fantasy, the fridges were much cooler than the classic ships. I didn't need the cups of ice. Our water bottles stayed "almost" cold!
Hope this helps!
Michelle

Ok, I have a weird, picky eater question: when you order the grilled cheese, is that the only thing that comes on your plate or do you get garnish like pickles on the plate? My dd will NOT eat it if anything else is touching it! Can you order french fries with the grilled cheese?

We asked for our BLT's without garnish and they were delivered without coleslaw or potato chips. (After 8 nights of BLT's at bedtime I just couldn't face another potato chip!!)

We also got soy milk every day, and it was Silk brand in these neat little bottles that I've never seen before. My son had lemonade, and that was no charge.

You can call them and ask what other options are available. It is helpful if you have something in mind!

Wonder if they have anything but regular milk and Soy? I can bring my individual Almond or coconut milks but hated to add more to my carry on.

Was gonna ask the same. Do you mean like the lunch size ones?

Yes, they sell the small individual size in shelf stable cartons at Walmart, Target and the Health/Whole Food stores in my area. I always take some to WDW and put them in the room fridge to get them cold before using them, or pour them in a cup of ice for my smoothies :). I don't drink Soy milk so I guess I'll bring my Almond Milk and bring beer for DH. LOL, we're at such opposite ends of the health spectrum LOL

Slightly OT, but why does DCL have "cooling boxes" rather than mini fridges? Wondering what the purpose of a cooling box really is. :confused3

I'm going to go with lower electricity consumption. Could be something else but I've never been accused of being subtle.

Slightly OT, but why does DCL have "cooling boxes" rather than mini fridges? Wondering what the purpose of a cooling box really is. :confused3

Only the Magic and Wonder have cooling boxes. The Fantasy and Dream have real fridges.

At the time the classic ships were built, I think it was the norm to just have a cooler, because many hotels would stock it as part of the mini-bar (with just drinks) not needing really cold temperatures. After a while the mini-bars were stopped, but the cooling boxes remained in the rooms.

One note, the Magic is supposed to be getting real fridges during her dry dock this fall. So only the Wonder will have the cooling box.

For the most part cooling boxes do just that - keep things cool, not cold.

But not always. On 2 of our cruises the box worked REALLY well, and we had ice crystals in our drinks in there. On another cruise, the box was basically an insulated box (not cool, or cold). We had to keep the ice bucket in there to keep it cool.

I am wondering if anyone has successfully ordered a different juice than those on the menu? Simply, I am thinking pineapple --- but really looking for things like mango or guava. I am sure these juices exist somewhere on the ship ... but maybe just the bars?

I am wondering if anyone has successfully ordered a different juice than those on the menu? Simply, I am thinking pineapple --- but really looking for things like mango or guava. I am sure these juices exist somewhere on the ship ... but maybe just the bars?
I was told that there's a charge for pineapple juice from room service.

At breakfast in Cabanas they have a really good juice blend in the drink dispenser. I wish it was available all day.

I was told that there's a charge for pineapple juice from room service.

At breakfast in Cabanas they have a really good juice blend in the drink dispenser. I wish it was available all day.

Oh a good juice blend at Cabanas ?! Lovely ! I can certainly take a cup or two back to the stateroom. Thanks much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter