Summer's Planning Journal 08/20 Update 08/10/07

My personal opinion is # 3, 1, then 2. I agree with what the other posters say. Don't feel pressured into buying the one dress. If I ever want something, but have to think about it for awhile; I go on the thought that if I am meant to have it, it will still be there when I go to get it. With the other dresses, remember the picture may not be what it will actually look like on you. I would try a few more dresses first. Like I said before, if you are meant to have that one dress; it will still be there for you.

P.S. I love Maggie Sottero dresses too!

i'm going for a maggie sottero dress as well, I love number 3 cos my colours are pink but no 2 is very striking and I also tried a dress on like number one and it was my second option. I would not just go for a dress becuase you feel rushed if you havent tried any more on I would try and go and see another shop tomorrow and try some others on because if you really do like no 1 then nothing will compare

I found your dresses on a website called bestbridalprices.com it has free shipping on all the Maggie Sottero's dresses! HTH! :thumbsup2

Unfortunately it is only free shipping to the US:sad2: I have no way of knowing how much I would have to pay for Customs and Tax on top of shipping to the UK. I have already contacted one US company and asked them the cost of shipping to the UK, am still waiting on a response.

I think they are all very nice. I agree with everyone else, don't feel pressured to buy it just b/c it's reduced in price. Your mom did cry though... the only time my mom cried during the dress shopping process was when I found "the one". Or, maybe your mom just thinks you look beautiful in everything :cutie: Good luck w/ the price situation. Can you ask the bridal shop how much they would be if they ordered them :confused3

Unfortunately it is only free shipping to the US:sad2: I have no way of knowing how much I would have to pay for Customs and Tax on top of shipping to the UK. I have already contacted one US company and asked them the cost of shipping to the UK, am still waiting on a response.

I'm sorry!:sad2: I'll have to keep looking!:surfweb: Hope that one company comes back with a good price!! Good luck! :thumbsup2

OK! I did another search and came up with a place that actually shows prices! I came up with one that was located in the UK but they only showed like 5 gowns and none of them were the ones you liked and they didn't show prices. The one I found that did is located in the US but they ship world wide AND they have the prices listed, so it should at least give you an idea, I hope this helps! Here's the website I found: www.thebridalshop.com

I called longs bridal yesterday in orlando and they will hold the dress and do any alterations on it for you, they are very cheap, my maggie sottero dress here is £1100 ($2200) and in orlando with tax its only $1107 which is half price, they order it and she said if they need to stay and do alterations they will stay till 9pm! I asked her about shipping but she said it would be best to either leave it here until a few days before wedding which would be free or fly over and pink it up and do all the alterations

Thanks everyone for your responses so far:thumbsup2

orangetiggs - The problem with that for me, is I am only arriving 1 day before I get married, which isn't enough time for me to get anything done to it.

I just called Customs and Import Duty and they have advised me that I would have to pay 12% on top of price and shipping charges, then I would add 17.5% on the total and the mail man would charge me £8.00 ($16.00)

So dress Number 3, which is the most expensive would cost me $1429 (£810)

Hmmm, I think having slept on it, I do really like number one, I just think it's the fact it doesn't have a sash, but the bridal salon said I could have a sash added, in any color I wanted. Plus I never got to try on the dress with my long gloves, or my hair and make up the way I would wear it, or the size I hope to be:lmao:

I think I may go and try it on again, I called my mom and she was raving about it again, saying it was absolutely beautiful. I'll think about it some more over breakfast!

I just want to shout out Orangetiggs and the other girls who did so much research to help Summer-Caitlin with her tough decision. It's what makes this board so great!

:thumbsup2

Well girls, a huge thank you to you all:grouphug: and a special thanks to those that tried to find sites for me to get prices and things:flower3: I have made my decision and purchased the 1st dress:cheer2: The picture shows it in ivory but I have bought it in white. I have also purchased a bustle, tiara and long satin gloves. The owner let me order my dress in a size smaller than I am, which is a size above what I hope to be by the time of the wedding. It's a corset so it likely won't need much alterations as I can just get it pulled tighter if I lose more weight:thumbsup2

Thanks again to everyone who replied to my desperate message, sometimes you just get so caught up that you just can't think straight and really need some more opinions. I'm full of the flu at the moment:sick: so I was in no mood to go and try on any more dresses. I thought really hard about it and did love the 1st dress when it was on, I just needed to remind myself that I am not at the weight I plan to be at, nor was my hair or make up done like it will be, didn't help that my tan had faded either, or my hair is temporarily colored auburn (my fiance is already begging me to get my hair colored back to black again!)
I guess I just expected to know straight away that this was the *one* but I think because I have always been drawn to dresses with a sash, my mind wouldn't let go. However since I've been away from the shop I keep remembering how much I felt like a princess in that dress, my mothers tears and the women saying how perfect the dress looked (not staff btw) I normally don't like anything I put on because of the weight I am at the moment, but this dress made me feel great! I'm not getting my alterations done until June and I think I may get a sash put on, but I'll wait until then before I make any permanent decision about it. I am really happy with my purchase, I think I feel really nervous now, it all seems so real to me, weird huh?

Time to go and look for ideas for colors for my sash, my grandma recommends pink as does my fiance, but I'm drawn to red, black or turquoise, who knows, this is my next meltdown!

Well, I'm gald you made a decision! And I'm glad it's one you're happy with! I'm sure you'll be beautiful on your wedding day! Good luck with choosing a sash color! ;)

Here is what I have been doing the last few days.....

Well, eventually I chose my dress which was this one:

J107.jpg
J107back.jpg

I may leave it sash free, I've decided to wait until June before I make any final decisions.

I have booked Carolyn Allens for my dress steaming, I have let her know I will forward the details of my dress material closer to the time, as I don't have my dress yet, so I'm not sure. She is due to come at 06.00am and I have my dress, my mothers outfit and Steven's suit to be steamed. I think her prices are very reasonable.

On another note, I had planned to have my wedding day lunch at The Grand Floridian Cafe at 13.00. This was mega convenient as Randy will be taking pics of us here, so it was just a stroll over when he was finished. However I have been informed on the Restaurant board that The GFC are hosting for 1900 Park Fare from June til October, or something like that, so the menu will obviously be different. If this is the case, I will change my ADR to Kona Cafe instead. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

So, if this does happen I have a question regarding the location of our post ceremony pics. If we do end up going to Kona Cafe which is at The Poly Resort, would it be better to have our post ceremony pics taken there? I know they have a beach too, and I really want beach pics, but it just seems a hassle to go to The GF from SBP, then go to The Poly for lunch. We have the limo for 4 hours, but I don't know what time that starts from. My wedding is at 10.00am so I was thinking it starts from 09.00am so that would take me up to 13.00, which would in theory get me to lunch on time;) .

What does everyone think of the location for these pics? Is the Poly a nice place to get these done, or should I stick with The GF?:confused3

I am also due to book my ADR's on Friday:woohoo: and I have tried to schedule my dinner reservations around things like Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic, esp during the 1st week when my mom is with us.
I couldn't convince Steven to book WCC, he is too easily embarrased so he wouldn't go for it:sad2:
However I am really happy with my choice of ADR's, we are going pretty much everywhere I wanted including V & A on our Wedding night, chef's menu!!!!:love:

I am also trying to organise activities in Nassau and Castaway Cay when we are on our DCL cruise.
I am thinking of booking a villa suite while on the DCL for the both of us on the 2nd day of our cruise. Here is the info below:

The Vista Spa has been renovated and now has luxury Villa suites. These can be reserved for either one guest or for couples wishing to share a spa experience.

All of the Villa reservations includes a tea ceremony, a bathing ritual of your choice and a foot cleansing ceremony. For a fee, a bottle of champagne and strawberries can be added. You may also reserve additional spa treatments

Couples Choice - 130 minutes
You'll choose a 75 minute spa treatment from the following selections: Elemis Aroma Stone Therapy, Elemis Cellutox Aroma Spa Ocean Wrap, Elemis Musclease Aroma Spa Ocean Wrap, Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow with half body massage, Exotic Frangipani Body Nourish Wrap with half body massage or the Exotic Coconut Rub & Milk Ritual Wrap with half body massage.

I really like the sound of the above treatment:cloud9:

I have reserved Rainforest passes for the duratuion of our cruise which include:

Relaxing on the heated tile lounge chairs, enjoying an aromatherapy scented session in a steam room and an aromatic mist and rainfall shower. Sounds like heaven to me...
I have also arranged for a Romantic couples basket to be delivered to our stateroom on the first night which includes: delivered to your stateroom includes two robes with DCL logo, silver picture frame, voucher for 8"x10" photo and chocolates.

I am also booking a dinner reservation at Palos, which is an adults only restaurant, the food looks amazing!

As for excursions I am thinking of the day trip to Atlantis when in Nassau and hiring bicycles when in Castaway Cay, the island looks beautiful, so would love to explore it. Don't want to do too much here as it's an Adults only beach and I think I'd be quite happy to soak up some rays!!

So far it's all going to plan and the couples massage/villa is going to be a surprise for my DF.

Wow sounds like you've been very busy! Congrats on V&A Chef's table. I'm sure that will make for a very romantic wedding dinner!

Your dress is beautiful!

I was thinking about going over to the Poly for pics as well. We have Randy for 1.5 hours after the ceremony, and the GF might get pretty boring after awhile. I thought the Poly might make for some nice photos.

I heard that about the GF cafe, too and completely forgot until you mentioned it in my PJ! I don't know if they won't be serving lunch at all, though, or if it's just a modified menu for breakfast and dinner.

WCC... I'm extremely shy but DF really wanted to go there on our last trip, so I gave in and booked it. Big mistake! Our server totally tried to embarass me and I ended up having a panic attack and almost running out! :scared1:

Tiggerific - The GFC is closed for lunch they won't be serving the regular menu at all:sad2: They are having character breakfasts and dinner and apparently all those wanting something more GF style should go to Citricos. Here is the quote from AllEars.net

"The Grand Floridian Resort's 1900 Park Fare will close for refurbishment Monday, July 9, 2007, through Monday, October 1, 2007, and is scheduled to reopen October 2, 2007. During this time, the Grand Floridian Cafe will become the site for both the "Supercalifragilistic Breakfast" and "Cinderella's Gala Feast." These will both be character meals, but NOT buffets (as they are at 1900 Park Fare) -- they will be pre-plated character meals.

The a la carte menu usually offered at Grand Floridian Cafe will NOT be available there during this time. Citricos (located on the second floor of the Grand Floridian), however, will expand its hours and menu to include a la carte breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week. If you want to dine at the Grand Floridian Cafe during this time, it can be ONLY for the character breakfast or character dinner -- you will NOT be able to book a reservation otherwise.

In addition, the Wonderland Tea Party will NOT be available during the 1900 Park Fare refurbishment."

I'm gutted, I really wanted to have lunch there! I initially struggled with my decision between Kona and The GFC, but I loved the layout of The GFC and I didn't think I would look out of place in my dress. I think I will definately go for Kona now, oh well need to shuffle those ADR's again;)

As for WCC, I really wanted to go, but there was just no convincing my DF. Your story makes me feel I have made the right sacrifice, I would feel awful if they tried to embarass him.

I'm gonna have a look at the grounds of the Poly on the net and see if it would make for some good photo opps.

I found another quote on AllEars.net

"During 1900 Park Fare's closure, the Grand Floridian Cafe will offer a pre-plated character breakfast and dinner, "Supercalifragilistic Breakfast" and "Cinderella's Gala Feast." Also during that time, Citricos, upstairs at the Grand Floridian, will be open for breakfast and lunch with a menu similar to the cafe's. Citricos will also resume dinner seven days a week. (It is currently closed Monday and Tuesday.)"

I just realised that Citricos will be expanding their opening hours and menu because of this. I obviously didn't read this properly, so I take it that I can go to Citricos instead for lunch, which would be great as I wanted to try Citricos anyway. As I am on the DDP, I don't know what this would mean. I mean The GFC was only 1TS but Citricos is 2TS and I wouldn't want to use 2TS for lunch. I get to make my ADR's on Saturday so I guess I'll have to ask the CM what is happening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter