Summer's Planning Journal 08/20 Update 08/10/07

Okay, I'm now looking at hairstyles, I am still undecided if I will wear my hair down or up, so here are some pics I have recently came across that I like.

0607.jpg
6524.jpg
sfp_long_1.jpg

There is an one updo I have came across on a wedding website that I really like:
7507.jpg

As for my necklace, this is what I think I'll wear. I already own it:
arwen_pendant_med.jpg

I still haven't picked my tiara or earrings yet, I loved the tiara I put on in the bridal store, but it was really expensive, I've seen much better value ones in other stores.

Here are a couple of the shoes I really like:

tu-343lacey-l_300x228.jpg
co-5334cleopatra-l_300x139.jpg

I love the first one and they are the type of shoes I could possibly wear again. I don't want too much of a heel, but I definately want something.

Here are the gloves I absolutely love:
finglove2.jpg

I prefer to have open gloves as I am getting my nails done in a French Manicure plus I love the look of these, they are so elegant:love:

As for handbags, I love these types of styles:
7281_starlight_bridal_purse.jpg

7651W_rosebud_bridal_purse.jpg

Let me know what you guys think, as always your comments are greatlt appreciated!

they have bags similar to those that disney does with hidden mickeys on them... Tiffany put them in her TR (ForKeeps) GL:thumbsup2

they have bags similar to those that disney does with hidden mickeys on them... Tiffany put them in her TR (ForKeeps) GL:thumbsup2

I thought the exact same thing Maggie!
Oh I loved it so much!
100_3897.jpg

100_3895.jpg

Love everything you posted S-C!!!!!

Your purse photos are much better than anything Disney has been able to provide to me. It seems like those purses and other items are handled by Disney Floral? I left them a voice mail on Monday and haven't heard from them yet. Is that usual?

STVS will also be there and we have booked the Intimate Stylized Package.

After our dinner, I am at present in talks with Randy about coming back to get some pics of us during the fireworks, I hear near the WP you can get some nice pics, we'll see if this pans out. If not we are thinking of booking the Speciality Cruise to see Illuminations, but to be honest I think I would just prefer to have more pics with Randy:thumbsup2

thanks for all this info, it's so interesting to read your planning.

Could I ask you a couple of Q's? First regarding your video - could I be cheeky and ask what your package covers and the cost (pm me if you'd prefer). And were there any other video co.'s in the running? (I don't want to spend too much as we're having quite a few 'extra's' that are mounting up)

Secondly, how are you getting on with Randy doing you shots during the fireworks? It's something I've been thinking about as well

Good luck with the rest of your plans, and look forward to hearing more!

Oooh, I love the 3rd hairstyle! I think I'll steal that pic if you don't mind :rolleyes1 I also think the first shoes are super cute.

Yay for getting the first dress! It is breathtaking!

I like the first hairstyle; the dark-haired girl with the waves and small flowers.

Happy planning!

thanks for all this info, it's so interesting to read your planning.

Could I ask you a couple of Q's? First regarding your video - could I be cheeky and ask what your package covers and the cost (pm me if you'd prefer). And were there any other video co.'s in the running? (I don't want to spend too much as we're having quite a few 'extra's' that are mounting up)

Secondly, how are you getting on with Randy doing you shots during the fireworks? It's something I've been thinking about as well

Good luck with the rest of your plans, and look forward to hearing more!

Here is the package I have opted for from STVS

Intimate 'Stylized' Edit $825
Choice of custom open
2 cameras covering ceremony
Music mixed throughout video where appropriate
'Slow motion' or 'Stylized retrospective
Stylized treatment
1 DVD copy of completed video
Up to 2 hours of Wedding Day coverage

There is the option to add on things and one is to have it in High Definition for an extra $350 which include the Raw Footage Tapes which would normally cost $125. I was going to add on the Wishes close which cost $150, but I decided that wasn't worth it and doesn't go with the style I have in mind. I am going for a very stylized package because when trying to decide which videographer I wanted, it was always stylized versions I was attracted to. I think for the cost you get a great deal:thumbsup2
In the running for videography was A Magic Moment, which were alot cheaper, but I couldn't find many reviews on them and Orlando Wedding films who were cheaper again, but after 5 attempts and loads of email communications with the guy, I got no demo DVD. This was unfortunate because his ideas seemed pretty good. The other one was Focused on Forever, but they were way out of my league. A minimum of $1800, which I just couldn't justify, they did send me a demo however and it was brilliant.

As for Randy, well, I told him that I may just leave it, but I did see some pics from The Poly beach during fireworks (not by him) and they were gorgeous. I actually had a dream last night that I hired him to do the firework shoot on the Poly Beach and they turned out beautiful, maybe that's a premonition;) I will contact him again today because he said he was going to look out some pics on the GF marina during fireworks but I haven't heard yet. Now that I'm talking about it, I really, really want the fireworks pics and it would only cost me another $200 to come back for the hour and we all know he could get loads done in an hour!

thanks for the info Summer. I agree that $200 for an hour's worth of photo's from Randy would be well worth it. If he gets you some samples, would it be possible to send them on to me too?

I think I might take another look at a magic moment as I can't really spare that amount for STVS even tho' I have heard so many good things anout Stan.

I have booked some of my ADR's :banana: :banana:

So far this is what I have:

Aug 16th O'Hana's 19.05
Aug 17th Citricos 12.15 and V & A 18.30 (Chef's Menu)
Aug 18th Les Chefs De France 12.00 and Le Cellier 18.30
Aug 19th Kona Cafe 08.30 and Kona Cafe 18.05
Aug 20th Coral Reef 19.30 (diver gonna hold up sign and have personalised menus, YAY!!)
Aug 21st Boma 19.30
Aug 22nd Chef Mickeys 09.00 and California Grill 20.00
Aug 23rd Kona Cafe 20.00
Aug 24th Boma 08.00
Aug 28th Concourse Steakhouse 19.30
Aug 29th Artist's Point 18.30

This is all I could book so far as apparently I can't book DTD unless it is exactly 180 days out:sad2: So I need to call back again as I have 4 more nights to book. I got everything I wanted so I am ecstatic:banana: There was only minor changes in times, like 5 or 10 min. Should you have the CM mention it on every booking that it is your honeymoon? She said she would note it at Chef Mickeys, because she said they usually do something but I would have thought it would just be mentioned throughout your whole reservations.
Also I am so glad I managed to get Citricos for lunch. As The GFC will be closed for lunch during July-October, Citricos have extended their opening hours and are serving lunch meals similar to The GFC menu:thumbsup2 Apparently it will only be 1TS credit for lunch for those that are on the DDP, how great is that!!!!! I will be wearing my wedding dress to both Citricos and V & A, I'm so excited:banana: :cheer2: :yay:

:banana: Im so glad you got some of your ADR out of the way-- I know how eager you were getting to do that!!

When you call back to do the rest of your ADR I would ask that CM to go back and put honeymoon on them all, ya know? Hmm.... dont know why she didnt do that:confused3

Your plans sound so great, Summer! I'm so excited reading them. What is the dining experience which your DF did not want to do? It began with W, I think....

Okay, I've found a bridal site in the USA that has fingerless gloves that I feel may match my dress better. here is a pic of them:
GL-902-2.jpg

they are above the elbow as that is originally what I hoped for, plus I like how they aren't scrunched up over the arm. Plus my dress doesn't have any lace in it so the lacy gloves I picked initially may not go as well. What do you think?

I also found similar shoes to the original ones I posted, here is a pic of them:
SH-1301-4T.jpg
SH-1301-5T.jpg

It works out I am saving about £75.00 ($145) on these shoes if I buy them from the States!:banana:

Here are some hair pins that I really like the look of, I'm thinking of wearing my hair down and straight, but textured as this is how my DF loves my hair, but I thought I could maybe add some sparkle:
TP-241-2T.jpg

Please let me know your thoughts.

Okay, I've found a bridal site in the USA that has fingerless gloves that I feel may match my dress better. here is a pic of them:
GL-902-2.jpg

they are above the elbow as that is originally what I hoped for, plus I like how they aren't scrunched up over the arm. Plus my dress doesn't have any lace in it so the lacy gloves I picked initially may not go as well. What do you think?

I also found similar shoes to the original ones I posted, here is a pic of them:
SH-1301-4T.jpg
SH-1301-5T.jpg

It works out I am saving about £75.00 ($145) on these shoes if I buy them from the States!:banana:

Here are some hair pins that I really like the look of, I'm thinking of wearing my hair down and straight, but textured as this is how my DF loves my hair, but I thought I could maybe add some sparkle:
TP-241-2T.jpg

Please let me know your thoughts.

I wear these in my hair all the time! They do add alot and are easy to put in. Were did you find the gloves? If you don't mind saying.

You are so super organised, I'm really enjoying this thread, it's nice to see how it's all done :thumbsup2

Is the necklace you are going to be wearing Arwen's Evenstar from LOTR? It's so pretty!

How are you getting on with your planning from here in the UK? Are you using the internet for most of your ideas / purchases?

Are you going to ship your dress over before you go, or take it with you as luggage?

Sorry for the major bombardment of questions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter