Sunrise Safari ?

Originally posted by lizzie64
Tiffany, thanks for info on the separate safari trucks for families and others. I think that would be great this way those of us with children can also enjoy the safari without the glaring eyes of those that don't want the kids on the safari. In fact, I just sent an e-mail to concierge regarding the same thing.

You are welcome lizzie64.

Just so everyone is clear it was not obvious what the guides had done until I looked around and noticed that all of the parties that had strollers with them were not on our truck. It was not like the guides said everyone with small children on this truck.

Also, just so everyone is clear on my stance. I do not care if there are children on the safari as long as they are well behaved and if they do act up that the parent(s) attempt to correct the child and not just let the child run a muck and distrub everyone elses experiance.

Originally posted by MOMTOMOOTOO
And Tiffany, thanks so much for that update, I would much rather be with people that also have children..you know the old saying, misery loves company!! If heaven forbid one of my WELL BEHAVED PERFECT children should well, act like a child at least the others would understand.

You are welcome MOMTOMOOTOO. Just to be clear the split was not obvious. The guides just kind of had it work out that way. I did not even notice until I took a look around and noticed that everyone that had strollers were on the other truck.

Also, I do not care if child acts up what upsets me is when the child acts up and the parent(s) ignore the bad behavior instead of using it as a way to teach the child correct behavior for the situation.

If a child acts up and the parent trys to correct the child but the child is just out of hand then I would not be upset with the parent. I would still go to Concierge Management and expain that my experiance was ruined because of the child but I would not "blame" the parnet.

The situations that upset me are when the child is out of control and everyone can see it besides the parent(s) who continue on ignoring the childs behavior. If a parent wants to do this in their own home that is their choice but if someones child is out of control in a situation were their behavior impacts others enjoyment and the parent(s) are doing nothing to try and correct the child that is when I get upset.

I hate to disagree with Tiffany, but I was on the same SS. Yes it may have"seemed" that the guides split the group, but I don't think that was the case. They split the group in half by counting and saying this part of the group goes with Sandy. How about three more, no one came forward and my group of five said "we are five" the guide said OK. End of suject. I doubt they cared who was in which group. Further more like many small children they all wanted to be first as a result they all ended up together. What ever the reason it did work well.:D

Originally posted by disneyjunkie
I would complain to someone in guest services. I would also ask for a refund.

I'd hate to spend $$ money on the SS and not be able to enjoy it.

I don't believe EVERYTHING at disney is for EVERYONE.

I agree with this completely, Everything at Disney is "not" necessarily for Everyone. For some reason this seems to be a serious problem at Disney. People seem to think once they set foot on the property everyone is equal. Afraid not.

I do not see the SS, any differently than Circque de Solei. Some younger children can sit through the show and not disrupt others around them. Same with the safari. It really has more to with behavior than age. If your child can go on the Safari and not disrupt others, then that child is the appropriate age to go. If not, then out of courtesy to others then you should wait until yours can go and not be disruptive. This should also apply to adults.

I am have a serious problem with any adult or child thinking their behavior in a public place should be overlooked by others just because they should be allowed to do whatever they want.

My DH and I were on the 2/4 SS also! It really was a wonderful experience!

Because of all the "bad press", I'd heard here, I actually asked one of the guides (very quietly, of course) if all the young children could/would be in one vehicle. She said that they don't actually make families with young children get into a specific jeep, but if we held back it "usually worked out that way".

So, on the walk to the jeep loading area, we took our time and let all the anxious youngters run ahead :p Then, when they were looking for 'volunteers' for the first jeep, we just kept quiet!

I have no idea if the "little kid's" jeep was noisy or not. The older children on our jeep were very well behaved.

- Sharon

P.S. Hi Tiffany! It was nice meeting you - sorry we didn't get a chance to chat at breakfast!

Originally posted by daboss
I hate to disagree with Tiffany, but I was on the same SS. Yes it may have"seemed" that the guides split the group, but I don't think that was the case. They split the group in half by counting and saying this part of the group goes with Sandy. How about three more, no one came forward and my group of five said "we are five" the guide said OK. End of suject. I doubt they cared who was in which group. Further more like many small children they all wanted to be first as a result they all ended up together. What ever the reason it did work well.:D

It is fine that you disagree with me:D I did not think that the spilt was intentional as the guides did not say everyone with children in strollers over here but I think it still ended up good. Others have posted that there used to only be one truck. Maybe it depends how many people are on the tour on whether or not they have one truck or two? I would agree with you that by letting the people with small children push ahead it caused a natural split.

It was a great tour wasn't it? We got some great pictures.:D

Originally posted by EmptyNester
My DH and I were on the 2/4 SS also! It really was a wonderful experience!

Because of all the "bad press", I'd heard here, I actually asked one of the guides (very quietly, of course) if all the young children could/would be in one vehicle. She said that they don't actually make families with young children get into a specific jeep, but if we held back it "usually worked out that way".

So, on the walk to the jeep loading area, we took our time and let all the anxious youngters run ahead :p Then, when they were looking for 'volunteers' for the first jeep, we just kept quiet!

I have no idea if the "little kid's" jeep was noisy or not. The older children on our jeep were very well behaved.

- Sharon

P.S. Hi Tiffany! It was nice meeting you - sorry we didn't get a chance to chat at breakfast!

Hi Sharon,
It was nice to meet you also. The reserved seating at breakfast I was not expecting. We ended up meeting a woman and her son who were a few doors down from us who's husband reads these boards all of the time. Hi Ricky if you are reading!:D But, he does not post. Come on Ricky you can do it post and say hello!:D :D

It was a great tour though. Amazing pictures. We cannot wait to go back to the AKL end Jan begining Feb 2004. I am going to have to save our pennies to get back to Concierge and this tour again.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter