Surprise! It's a baby! (Not long now!)

Which name is your favourite?

• Robert

• Peter

• Roderick (Rory)

• Ewan

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh my! You've done so much and it's all so fantastic! LOVE the basement! It looks like a great place to make some memories. :love:

I definitely know what you mean about the kids growing up- my youngest turned 13 this year and it's all just moving so fast.

Love all of the crafts, food and fun! We do wish lanterns on winter solstice every year and each say a goal/wish for the new year as we release them. They really are beautiful and it quickly became a favorite family tradition. I like the idea of an end of summer tradition as well. :goodvibes

Those badges for your mom are so wonderful. The made me tear up a little so probably will bring a few tears but that's not necessarily a bad thing. :hug:

We are both so close now! I hope we both have a magical time and I can't wait to read all about Robbie's first trip to WDW!!

(Oh, and how exciting that Jack and Sally will be at MNSSHP; they weren't at the one we went to so that's a cool addition.)

Thanks Hope! I can't wait! 34 days and you are even closer! I wish our trips were going to overlap!

What a good idea to do the lanterns in winter! I think I'll have to try that!

Hey, shouldn't you be packing?

Another awesome job! You did amazing work finishing up the basement for so little money. I could have spent $1000s of dollars and still not achieved anything as good as you ended up with:thumbsup2.

All the crafts are amazing and I will hold on to this PTR for years to come I am sure just so I have ideas for the future should I ever develop a craft gene;)! We leave in 7 days so I will be spending this weekend getting ready!

Glad we will be back from our trip in time to wish you a safe, happy and very well deserved vacation!

Thanks Hope! I can't wait! 34 days and you are even closer! I wish our trips were going to overlap!

What a good idea to do the lanterns in winter! I think I'll have to try that!

Hey, shouldn't you be packing?

I have a pile of things ready to pack but we're still wearing some of our clothes so I can't actually pack it yet. Soon though!!

Wow! What an update - you guys have been SO busy!

I failed miserably at doing the theme dinners and I've only managed to have him watch Meet the Robinsons. Ugh, I fail as a Disney educator! :lmao:

We have 3 more weeks, but I'm in full costume making mode and can't really sacrifice the tiny bits of free time I do have to do anything else other than sew.

Your playroom redo on a budget looks fantastic and is really inspiring. It all looks so put together and you were so resourceful. I always want to rearrange/repurpose but I never seem to be able to figure out how to make it all seem like it could go together. My apartment is just a hodgepodge of unmatched furniture and decor and piles of fabric since the "dining room" area is where I sew. Sigh. Someday I'll manage to appear like I'm a grown up!

Another awesome job! You did amazing work finishing up the basement for so little money. I could have spent $1000s of dollars and still not achieved anything as good as you ended up with:thumbsup2.

All the crafts are amazing and I will hold on to this PTR for years to come I am sure just so I have ideas for the future should I ever develop a craft gene;)! We leave in 7 days so I will be spending this weekend getting ready!

Glad we will be back from our trip in time to wish you a safe, happy and very well deserved vacation!
Thanks Lisa! Good luck with the packing and have a WONDERFUL trip!!!

I have a pile of things ready to pack but we're still wearing some of our clothes so I can't actually pack it yet. Soon though!!
I keep trying to put the kids stuff in the first suitcase and they keep taking them back out! Plus while we are in Vero I plan to go shopping for some shorts and pyjamas - I had no idea Toby's were so small. He mentioned they were a bit snug and I checked and found they were 5T! The boy is almost 8!

Wow! What an update - you guys have been SO busy!

I failed miserably at doing the theme dinners and I've only managed to have him watch Meet the Robinsons. Ugh, I fail as a Disney educator! :lmao:

We have 3 more weeks, but I'm in full costume making mode and can't really sacrifice the tiny bits of free time I do have to do anything else other than sew.

Your playroom redo on a budget looks fantastic and is really inspiring. It all looks so put together and you were so resourceful. I always want to rearrange/repurpose but I never seem to be able to figure out how to make it all seem like it could go together. My apartment is just a hodgepodge of unmatched furniture and decor and piles of fabric since the "dining room" area is where I sew. Sigh. Someday I'll manage to appear like I'm a grown up!
My dear, there is needlepointing, crafts and Mushu fabric all over our house too. I just tidied up for the photos, Plus Robbie has been getting into everything lately. His favourite thing is to upend the toy baskets and tonight when I went to grab an apple after dinner I found tiny little teeth marks in all but two of the 10 apples in the bowl on the coffee table.

Remarkable crafts Alysa! Your creativity just keeps flowing!! :) I love the basement project and how you made it so practical yet perfectly themed and of course adorable.

The creative autograph pens are a very marketable idea! You know you have a future with your creativity!

If the voting is still open for the music for your video... I'm a huge UP fan so "Married Life" would be my vote. :thumbsup2

Hi Alysa! :wave2: I was able to finally read through your amazing PTR during the past two weeks.

Your creativity and genuine spirit are truly inspiring to me as a new mom. You have such a beautiful family and it was such a delight reading through all of your movie nights. :goodvibes

Hi Alysa! :wave2: I was able to finally read through your amazing PTR during the past two weeks.

Your creativity and genuine spirit are truly inspiring to me as a new mom. You have such a beautiful family and it was such a delight reading through all of your movie nights. :goodvibes

Hi Ashley! Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely, kind comments! How is that darling teething boy? Love the new outfits you got him! And congrats on the wilderness lodge stay (my favourite resort!)

Guess what came in the mail for us today? Magical Express tickets! Actually they are magical depress tickets because they are just for the way home, but still, exciting to get Disney mail! 28 days!
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q401/ebingley1973/image_zps171d7409.jpg
image_zps171d7409.jpg

Remarkable crafts Alysa! Your creativity just keeps flowing!! :) I love the basement project and how you made it so practical yet perfectly themed and of course adorable.

The creative autograph pens are a very marketable idea! You know you have a future with your creativity!

If the voting is still open for the music for your video... I'm a huge UP fan so "Married Life" would be my vote. :thumbsup2

Hi Brenda! Thank you as always for the kind words! You are so positive, enthusiastic and encouraging. You are an amazing cheerleader. Em, Michael and your boys are lucky to have you! Harold got three good bites on work this week. If it works out (cross your fingers) we are going on a mini Star Wars weekend trip next year and a regular family trip in August (we will have those annual passes burning a hole in our pockets). Can I interest you in a Dismeet?
I think Married Life too. It will remind me of my mum.

Okay Moms. Question for you. We have rented a very cute car but there is no way our monster stroller will fit. Anybody ever use one of those little folding ones? How would they be for the little monkey? Uncomfortable? He'll be turning one on the trip.

Also, my sister is going to be leaving a bit early to get her high school aged son back a bit earlier and while I was mucking about with the plans I added two days on to the front of our stay! So we are going to be gone now 15 days! And the trip is in 25 days!!!

You're so close- and 15 days sounds amazing!!

It's been a while since my kids were small enough for strollers but I remember being hesitant about umbrella strollers and then loving it. So much easier than the big bulky ones and perfectly comfy as long as they can sit up well. They even make them with a small net/basket underneath to hold a few things. :thumbsup2

Just got all caught up! Wow you have been busy! I love all of your crafts and movie nights. What a great way to involve the kids in the trip excitement. Your play room also looks amazing! And you did it all on a really great budget, I love it.

Hi Ashley! Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely, kind comments! How is that darling teething boy? Love the new outfits you got him! And congrats on the wilderness lodge stay (my favourite resort!)

Thanks Alysa! We just got back from traveling with Jonah for the first time. He's seems to have gotten over the worst part of teething, and is doing better. I have tried baby tylenol and teething toys, but he won't chew on anything that's not my finger. Any suggestions? :confused3

Your trip is so close! :goodvibes

Hi Brenda! Thank you as always for the kind words! You are so positive, enthusiastic and encouraging. You are an amazing cheerleader. Em, Michael and your boys are lucky to have you! Harold got three good bites on work this week. If it works out (cross your fingers) we are going on a mini Star Wars weekend trip next year and a regular family trip in August (we will have those annual passes burning a hole in our pockets). Can I interest you in a Dismeet?
I think Married Life too. It will remind me of my mum.

Hi Alysa! That is awesome that your stay has been extended by 2 days!!! 15 days is quite a stretch but goes so quickly!!

I didn't do the math to realize that Robbie turns 1 this trip. What a great way to celebrate. Time sure flies. :)

I'm no help with strollers. It's been way too many years. :rolleyes1 I can say that my first stroller for my oldest in 1983 was a metal frame contraption with vinyl padding in a hideous pattern. Ack!

As for your earlier note.... :yay: and :banana: and :dance3:. If you let me know your dates I can plan our August trip to hopefully coincide because YES, I'd love to plan to meet up. :hug: Thanks for even thinking of me.

With three kiddos I'm sure you have your work cut out for you in the next couple weeks to get ready. :thumbsup2

Posting to save my place! Will come back to read all pages when I get off work :)

TA DA! Read all pages :) Actually found the place I saved last time. I reread the whole thread.

I cried, I laughed and I feel vastly inadequate! Don't have any kids and I can't even seem to do laundry regularly ... and here you are being the mother of the year! I think it's amazing though :)

Are you guys going early October? I can't wait to see the photos ^_^

TA DA! Read all pages :) Actually found the place I saved last time. I reread the whole thread.

I cried, I laughed and I feel vastly inadequate! Don't have any kids and I can't even seem to do laundry regularly ... and here you are being the mother of the year! I think it's amazing though :)

Are you guys going early October? I can't wait to see the photos ^_^

You are a darling! And so wrong! Just to show you, I recently got some design work and everyone here is sick. We were late taking the kids to track and field today, and also late to meet with Eveies' teaches to talk about how we're can help her more in class. She is feeling a bit overwhelmed and failed a French dictee. I have not slept yet, nor had a shower. Teeth are brushed though. (A friend once told me if you have little ones and you get to the end of the day and the kids are alive and your teeth are brushed, you win!) This morning the kids pulled their clothes off of the piles (yes, that is plural) of clean laundry pictured here. And the baby is sleeping while I frantically work. I just took a break for a moment to clear your mind of the mis-apprehension that I am a super mom!

547ee48953cc29df9888f264611a3748_zpsad802104.jpg

Thank you for coming by and yes - two weeks from today we will be running down the boardwalk at Vero to stick our toes in the sand. Ack! And he's awake! Pardon the spelling!

You are a darling! And so wrong! Just to show you, I recently got some design work and everyone here is sick. We were late taking the kids to track and field today, and also late to meet with Eveies' teaches to talk about how we're can help her more in class. She is feeling a bit overwhelmed and failed a French dictee. I have not slept yet, nor had a shower. Teeth are brushed though. (A friend once told me if you have little ones and you get to the end of the day and the kids are alive and your teeth are brushed, you win!) This morning the kids pulled their clothes off of the piles (yes, that is plural) of clean laundry pictured here. And the baby is sleeping while I frantically work. I just took a break for a moment to clear your mind of the mis-apprehension that I am a super mom!

Thank you for coming by and yes - two weeks from today we will be running down the boardwalk at Vero to stick our toes in the sand. Ack! And he's awake! Pardon the spelling!

Awe, he's so cute, you just want to cuddle him :)
Haha well I think, considering, it really doesn't look bad. You're doing a great job, even if you're running around like a chicken with it's head cut off a bit :rotfl:
The picture just confirms that you are human, but still a supermom :flower3:

I'm so excited for you guys though! I can't wait to see your photos! 2 weeks? Oh you must be so antsy! How are the kids holding up? Has it sunk in for them yet?

Sorry about the delay in replying everyone! Crazy week (as you could see from the photo)!

You're so close- and 15 days sounds amazing!!
It's been a while since my kids were small enough for strollers but I remember being hesitant about umbrella strollers and then loving it. So much easier than the big bulky ones and perfectly comfy as long as they can sit up well. They even make them with a small net/basket underneath to hold a few things. :thumbsup2
I panicked and bought a cheap Cosco one at Target. Harold (who researches EVERYTHING online) tells me I "choose poorly". He is returning it but I still have no tiny stroller. :worried:

Just got all caught up! Wow you have been busy! I love all of your crafts and movie nights. What a great way to involve the kids in the trip excitement. Your play room also looks amazing! And you did it all on a really great budget, I love it.
Thank you for sticking with me! Almost done now! 10 days left to go!!!! Starting the packing this weekend and have to finish Robbie's costume! All the shopping is done thought and the bags are out and ready to go.

Thanks Alysa! We just got back from traveling with Jonah for the first time. He's seems to have gotten over the worst part of teething, and is doing better. I have tried baby tylenol and teething toys, but he won't chew on anything that's not my finger. Any suggestions? :confused3
Your trip is so close! :goodvibes
My suggestions for teething...hmm. Robbie is going through the same thing. He actually sat up in the night last night, stuck both hands in his mouth an burst into tears, poor lamb. I think the thing that helps him the most (besides the tylenol) is chewing. He's like a puppy. I actually sent a photo of him munching a hunk out of a board book to my sister yesterday. That and his crayola markers. Happily he can't get the lids off yet. I wish I could help. Poor Jonah. It will pass. And we'll wake up one morning, not having been awakened in the night and we will go tearing into their rooms to make sure they are still alive. And they will sit up sleepily and stare at us like we've got two heads.

Hi Alysa! That is awesome that your stay has been extended by 2 days!!! 15 days is quite a stretch but goes so quickly!!
I didn't do the math to realize that Robbie turns 1 this trip. What a great way to celebrate. Time sure flies. :)
I'm no help with strollers. It's been way too many years. :rolleyes1 I can say that my first stroller for my oldest in 1983 was a metal frame contraption with vinyl padding in a hideous pattern. Ack!
As for your earlier note.... :yay: and :banana: and :dance3:. If you let me know your dates I can plan our August trip to hopefully coincide because YES, I'd love to plan to meet up. :hug: Thanks for even thinking of me.
With three kiddos I'm sure you have your work cut out for you in the next couple weeks to get ready. :thumbsup2
I know, can you believe it! I am nervous to tell the kids teachers. I've never pulled them out of school during the year like that before.
And he's turning one! It went by so fast! It always does, doesn't it? One minute you are bringing them home from the hospital a tiny little bundle, the next they are off to overnight camp. Or University!! Is this Em's last year of high school this year? Or off to defend their country. You must be so glad to have your son home soon! And you've been with me the whole way! :hug:
I keep wanting to get him birthday gifts to take with us but Harold seems to feel that I may be able to find one or two things while we are at Disney.
:lmao:
That hideous contraption with the vinyl cover is what I bought yesterday! And what Harold is taking back tomorrow.
And guess what! Tonight I booked three nights over Victoria Day weekend at the Boardwalk in a one bedroom suite! May 16th-19th for Star Wars weekend. I am so excited! We used to squish into a studio but now with five I think those days are coming to an end. So I will have 2 new costumes to make. Eveie is going as Leia, Toby as a Speeder Bike Trooper (I'll just order that one)and I am going to make an Ewok costume for Robbie! Eeek!
And our August trip will be the 23rd to the 1st (we'll be at Vero from the 15th to the 23rd) so if you are going to be around we are going to have to do a meet. Where should we go? Le Cellier with your Canadian friends? Or we could just watch Off Kilter. Men in kilts are always fun.

Awe, he's so cute, you just want to cuddle him :)
Haha well I think, considering, it really doesn't look bad. You're doing a great job, even if you're running around like a chicken with it's head cut off a bit :rotfl:
The picture just confirms that you are human, but still a supermom :flower3:
I'm so excited for you guys though! I can't wait to see your photos! 2 weeks? Oh you must be so antsy! How are the kids holding up? Has it sunk in for them yet?
Thank you! I can't believe I posted that messy photo. It's all much better now. The kids are not nearly as excited as Harold and I are. We really need this vacation. I think you are right, it hasn't quite sunk in for them yet. Tomorrow I order the party tickets and the travel insurance. This weekend I finish Robbie's costume, maybe help my sister sew a Queen Elinor one, and check Harold's and mine for any mending they might need. And then next week is packing!!!!!

Okay, night all! Lots to do tomorrow! :grouphug:

Alysa I forgot how much I enjoyed reading your posts!! I don't know how I missed that we were both heading to the world in Oct and that you had a PTR. So glad I clicked on it!

What are your dates? Do we overlap? Ours are Oct 25-29.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter