Surprise! It's a baby! (Not long now!)

Which name is your favourite?

• Robert

• Peter

• Roderick (Rory)

• Ewan

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm way, way behind on reading this, but just popped over and read the last page and had to respond on the strollers.

We recently got two strollers that are lighter and fold smaller than the bulky one we have. The one we'll take to Disney is the Britax B-Agile. It's not an umbrella style, but it's light and folds small and easily. Also has a huge sunshade and seems pretty comfy. It's not the cheapest, though. Since I always keep that one in my trunk, my husband wanted a stroller to keep in his car too. So, the search continued.

One of my co-workers gave me one of the cheap umbrella strollers like you mentioned and we used it once and said...no more! It was almost impossible to steer and it just seemed inadequate. So, after a bunch of internet research, I ended up getting a Chicco Echo umbrella stroller. It's more than the super cheap ones, but seems pretty nice so far. We haven't used it a ton, but it seems comfortable, fully reclines, and has a decent canopy and basket. It folds easily and is lightweight.

So, there's my two cents! I'll have to catch up on the rest of the report soon. Your trip is coming up so fast! And I can't believe your little guy is turning 1 so soon!

Hi Alysa! To answer your question... Em is in her senior year of High School. I'm not sure how many more mother/daughter trips are in our future before she moves away. :sad2:

I've really enjoyed counting down your trip with you for the last year and can't believe that Robby is turning one so soon! He will make an adorable ewok! :)

Thanks for sharing your August dates. I'm glad to see the WDW part sync up with when we usually travel right before one of our 3 day weekends here. AND another trip down in May - way to go!!

Okay, the big question is, do you want to see Robbie in his costume now or wait until afterwards for photos of the big day (October 17th - tickets are bought, costume is ready!) warning, you may overdose on cuteness. It's the hood.
Car is reserved ($300 for a week, thank you very much Harold), trip insurance is booked, last night of our stay is switched to Wilderness Lodge one Bedroom Villa (my favourite). All that is left to do is clean the house to within an inch of it's life, pack and buy (and return) a stroller. No camera this trip. Maybe next one. And no universal either. Toby is too short for all but one ride, so we will wait until they have finished their expansion. 5 days!!!

Alysa I forgot how much I enjoyed reading your posts!! I don't know how I missed that we were both heading to the world in Oct and that you had a PTR. So glad I clicked on it! What are your dates? Do we overlap? Ours are Oct 25-29.
Thank you! I enjoy your as we'll. We will just miss you. So sad - we return the 22nd!

I'm way, way behind on reading this, but just popped over and read the last page and had to respond on the strollers. We recently got two strollers that are lighter and fold smaller than the bulky one we have. The one we'll take to Disney is the Britax B-Agile. It's not an umbrella style, but it's light and folds small and easily. Also has a huge sunshade and seems pretty comfy. It's not the cheapest, though. Since I always keep that one in my trunk, my husband wanted a stroller to keep in his car too. So, the search continued. One of my co-workers gave me one of the cheap umbrella strollers like you mentioned and we used it once and said...no more! It was almost impossible to steer and it just seemed inadequate. So, after a bunch of internet research, I ended up getting a Chicco Echo umbrella stroller. It's more than the super cheap ones, but seems pretty nice so far. We haven't used it a ton, but it seems comfortable, fully reclines, and has a decent canopy and basket. It folds easily and is lightweight. So, there's my two cents! I'll have to catch up on the rest of the report soon. Your trip is coming up so fast! And I can't believe your little guy is turning 1 so soon!
Hi Dugette! Thanks for the visit! Time goes by so fast, doesn't it? Good to know about the stroller, I'm sending the info to Harold along with instructions to purchase something this weekend and to not come home until he gets one!

Hi Alysa! To answer your question... Em is in her senior year of High School. I'm not sure how many more mother/daughter trips are in our future before she moves away. :sad2: I've really enjoyed counting down your trip with you for the last year and can't believe that Robby is turning one so soon! He will make an adorable ewok! :) Thanks for sharing your August dates. I'm glad to see the WDW part sync up with when we usually travel right before one of our 3 day weekends here. AND another trip down in May - way to go!!
Brenda, you will always have Disney with her. If she loves it now, she always will. And just think one day you will get to do it all over again with grandkids! You will be the super cool grandmother with your stylish outfits and accessories (think Auntie Mame) who takes them to Disney!

My suggestions for teething...hmm. Robbie is going through the same thing. He actually sat up in the night last night, stuck both hands in his mouth an burst into tears, poor lamb. I think the thing that helps him the most (besides the tylenol) is chewing. He's like a puppy. I actually sent a photo of him munching a hunk out of a board book to my sister yesterday. That and his crayola markers.
Robbie liking crayola markers gave me the idea to let Jonah chew on some of his plastic spoons. :thumbsup2 Aside from the tylenol, it's the only thing I have been able to use for relief.
It will pass. And we'll wake up one morning, not having been awakened in the night and we will go tearing into their rooms to make sure they are still alive. And they will sit up sleepily and stare at us like we've got two heads.
:goodvibes This really made my day. It's sometimes easy to forget it's just a phase.

I can't wait to see Robbie in his costume. :lovestruc I can't believe he's about to turn one. The first year really flies by.

5 DAYS! :woohoo:

Your plans look great. :thumbsup2

And I vote for seeing the cuteness NOW. I'm not big on delayed gratification. :rolleyes:

Ta-da!!!!!

dca9c5a2457e262d2fd7d1a5be4c2f07_zpsbc7a2be3.jpg

Cutest costume EVER!!! Not to mention cutest baby ever!!

So sad we will miss you! Can't you stay a few more days? Just extend your vacay so we could do a meet-up? What sort of planning was this anyway that I didn't realize it before now!?!? :scared:

Leaving tomorrow!
The dog is at the dog camp (having a blast)' the shopping is done, the house is spotless, the costumes are sewn, the magic bands are personalized, the bags are packed. Dad is coming to stay the night and tomorrow we are off at 8am!
Eveie is making her necklace of "beads of jade for beauty" for her costume, Robbie and Toby are playing with the first of his early birthday presents delivered by my aunt (a giant Elmo) and Harold is trying flies for fly fishing at Vero. I'm off to get a roast for dinner and then it's a game of Disney trivial pursuit and an early bedtime for the kids (yeah, right!).
It has been lovely being able to share with all of you. This movie night project and journaling has really helped me after losing mum. Thank you all for sharing my journey! Wish me luck for a stress-free trip with my dad and sisters family! When I get back I'll share my usual trip video and do a brief recap of all the more exciting and funny moments. Many hugs to you all!

Have a wonderful trip! So excited for you! And I love Robbie's costume. So cute! :thumbsup2

Ta-da!!!!!

dca9c5a2457e262d2fd7d1a5be4c2f07_zpsbc7a2be3.jpg

Absolutely adorable!!!! :cutie:

Soooo very sorry that I missed sending you off proper! However,
I wish you a FABULOUS family trip. Have fun at Vero and WDW. But I want to especially wish you a fun and exciting party on the 17th!

That is awesome that you will get to stay your last night at VWL! :thumbsup2

I can't believe I missed your send off!! Some friend I am!! :laughing:

I Know you just got home a few days ago, and I'm anxious to hear about your trip!!

By the way, I love, love, loved, your basement room you decorated, so cute!! :thumbsup2 Seriously, amazing job!! Robbie's Halloween costume is beyond adorable!! You out did yourself, girl!!!! Then again, you always do.

I can not wait to see everyone in pictures!! I hope you had an amazing time, and I hope all went as well as you hoped. ::yes::

Still praying for hubby's job situation.

I'm back! And we had the best trip! I'm sorry about the delay in responding. There was so much to do when we returned. As I mentioned, I don't think I will do a trip report but I've got a video you can see here.

And also, a top ten list of things I learned for next time.
1. Book early. Don't room hop. Especially with a baby and a grandad in tow.
2. The talking Mickey is over-rated, do the one at epcot instead.
3. A baby is hard work, take it slow, it's nice to have family to help. Without family it is not as fun to do baby swaps.
4. Don't take a baby to tea at the Grand Floridian. Especially one with an ear ache and a fever. Shocker, I know.
5. The Food and Drink festival was like the zombie apocalypse. It should be a ticketed event like the Halloween party.
6. Things to bring next time: sugar, splenda, tea, salt and pepper, a thermometer, q-tips, and aloe for sun burns.
7. Magic Bands, Fastpass+ and my Disney experience: the technology is awesome but print off your schedule and leave the iphone in the room, being on you iphone constantly interferes with the moment.
8. Stay near your favourite park. Buses are hard with a baby. Or a stroller.
9. The Animal Kingdom is too hot. Period. The wilderness explorer booklet is genius but don't kill yourself trying to do it in one day. Take Nalgene bottles full of water, refill often.
10. If you are anticipating an emotional time watching the fireworks because your mum used to love them so, a baby can save you by ooo-ing and clapping and hiding his head in your shoulder.

Robbie liking crayola markers gave me the idea to let Jonah chew on some of his plastic spoons. :thumbsup2 Aside from the tylenol, it's the only thing I have been able to use for relief.
Hope Jonah's teething is getting better!
:goodvibes This really made my day. It's sometimes easy to forget it's just a phase.
We just hop from one phase to the next. ;)
I can't wait to see Robbie in his costume. :lovestruc I can't believe he's about to turn one. The first year really flies by.
It really does, we had an amazing birthday dinner for him at Be Our Guest. They made him a special eggless, milkless birthday cake. It wonderful, was so worth the effort to get the reservation.
::Squeel:: Oh my goodness Alysa, just too cute for words!
Thank you! :goodvibes
Have a wonderful trip Alysa! I wish you all safe travels.
It was an amazing, magical trip!

5 DAYS! :woohoo:
I can't believe we've been back for two weeks. It was a wonderful trip!
Your plans look great. :thumbsup2
Things didn't go exactly how I imagined but they were even better than I had hoped.
And I vote for seeing the cuteness NOW. I'm not big on delayed gratification. :rolleyes:
I always vote for instant gratification! ;)
OMG!! That's ADORABLE! :cutie:
Thank you! I am so glad I got this shot because not one of the shots of him awake in his costume turned out. He was too excited and moving too fast!
:woohoo: Have a magical trip!
Thank you! We did! :goodvibes

I love the costume!! Oh he is just too precious!!
Thank you! Everyone loved his costume, it was so worth taking the time to make. :goodvibes

Cutest costume EVER!!! Not to mention cutest baby ever!!
That just shows your excellent taste!
So sad we will miss you! Can't you stay a few more days? Just extend your vacay so we could do a meet-up? What sort of planning was this anyway that I didn't realize it before now!?!? :scared:
Can't wait to read about your trip!

Have a wonderful trip! So excited for you! And I love Robbie's costume. So cute! :thumbsup2

Absolutely adorable!!!! :cutie:
Soooo very sorry that I missed sending you off proper! However,
I wish you a FABULOUS family trip. Have fun at Vero and WDW. But I want to especially wish you a fun and exciting party on the 17th!
The Halloween party was so amazing - so much more crowded than the first time we went in 2007 but just as much fun!
That is awesome that you will get to stay your last night at VWL! :thumbsup2
After giving the good room (the master bedroom with the huge tub) to my dad for the whole trip, we finally got one for ourselves on our last night. It was lovely!

I can't believe I missed your send off!! Some friend I am!! :laughing:
I Know you just got home a few days ago, and I'm anxious to hear about your trip!!
Thanks Millie! :hug:
By the way, I love, love, loved, your basement room you decorated, so cute!! :thumbsup2 Seriously, amazing job!! Robbie's Halloween costume is beyond adorable!! You out did yourself, girl!!!! Then again, you always do.
You are so sweet! Thanks for all the compliments!
I can not wait to see everyone in pictures!! I hope you had an amazing time, and I hope all went as well as you hoped. ::yes::
Hope you like the slide show!
Still praying for hubby's job situation.
Thank you - That is the one thing that hasn't turned out like I thought but I continue to thank God for his blessing and pray that everything will work out. I have faith that everything will be alright. I know one day we are going to look back on this time and laugh.

Well my friends that's it! What a wonderful, crazy journey. Thank you all for sharing it with me. I'll watch for your trip reports. With much love, Alysa

Alysa, it wasn't until this very moment that I realized that this journey from when you first started your PTR a year and a half ago until now that so much has happened in your life. Some moments that I know you would not trade for anything with that sweet baby Robbie and the fun movie nights and others that will forever remind you of all the lasts with your sweet mum. Not sure why I'm getting emotional but it's just so lovely to see that after all that has transpired in the last 18 months that your family trip was realized and that your smiling faces tell a story of love and laughter and a wonderful time of family memories for years to come.

The video had so many great photos. Especially the ones of Robbie nose to nose with some of the characters. You and Harold have such beautiful children.

I'm so glad that I was able to share this time with you. :hug:

Hi, Alysa! I'm so glad you had a great trip! Loved the video. Everyone looks like they're having a blast.

Great tips at the end. It really makes me feel good about staying at the Poly for our trip next month. I've really pondered downgrading resorts or doing a split stay to save some money, but we love the Poly and figured this trip was our best chance at justifying it, due to the conveniences with a baby. Your notes really provide some reassurance on that.

Also, I love the bit about the fireworks. So glad Robbie knew what you needed in that moment! :goodvibes

I actually have re-read your entire PTR over the last few days. I knew I had missed a big chunk of it, so I just went back to the beginning. I have to say that I am completely in awe of all of your Disney movie nights. So creative and you are all so talented! There are tons of things your kids can do that I can't even do! :rotfl:

You did inspire me, though! I was already planning enchiladas for dinner tonight, so the Three Caballeros seemed fitting. We have small plushes of the Three Caballeros from the Disney Store, so we put them out. We watched the movie, ate Mexican food, drank fake margaritas (we improvised, since we didn't have anything...crushed ice, ginger ale, cranberry sierra mist in margarita glasses), and Dug Baby played with her new boat in the bathtub (since it's a boat ride at WDW!) Not nearly on the scale of your movie nights, but it was fun!

Are you doing a PTR for Star Wars Weekends? Hope to see you around here! And hope things get better and better for your family. :goodvibes

I'm so glad you had a good trip! I TOTALLY understand about the TR- I've been quite a slacker with mine! Your tips are wonderful and I'm storing it away for reference when we kidnap my new niece (who will be arriving any time now!!) for a trip to WDW. Kya and I have already let my brother know that she'll be a Disney baby, his presence is optional. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter