Surprise Swap...Spoiler Alert!

I will wait and see what kind of holes there are also and maybe join a few more groups.
If WDW just wants to keep the colors R/B/Y/W thats fine with me, I can work around it and there is that cruise I can use the pieces for:)

These swaps look like so much fun, but i am always a little tentative to join one, because I don't think that my work would be up to par with the rest of your talented group. Is the best way to start out with one or just jump in feet first? :scratchin Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

These swaps look like so much fun, but i am always a little tentative to join one, because I don't think that my work would be up to par with the rest of your talented group. Is the best way to start out with one or just jump in feet first? :scratchin Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Hi Penguin!! :wave2: I'm new here too! :blush:
I joined one swap a week or so ago & finished all my pieces really quick, so I joined another one ...... I'm done with those pieces so I joined this one .....:rotfl:

I've found the ladies here VERY NICE & supportive of one another. The swap hostesses are really great about outlining all of the requirements for their particular swap in the original post so read there first to make sure you're creating pieces that meet the specifications. I've found that most of the swaps limit "newbies" (like us) to two or three groups until you get acclimated to the group. It also helps limit you to keep from getting overwhelmed before you get used to swapping.

I'm sure everyone would be happy for you to join! This swap needs a few more players, so review the groups and see what you like! I'm new too & they let me play!! :grouphug:

I just popped by to see if we've had any more interest in this swap! It sounds like a fun one to me - can't wait! :thumbsup2

I've been thinking about my pieces ...... I'm tossing a few things around .... I guess it'll be a surprise ;)

We are headed to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for the weekend so I'll check back on Monday/Tuesday to see where we end up! Hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend!!! :beach:

I'm not the hostess for this swap, but welcome you to our little corner!
feel free to join 2 groups for this swap...if you are a little un-sure of your work...believe me, I still get anxious of my stuff even after 6 years of swapping off and on with these ladies....start with something easy like the photo mats
do you have a Cricut? or other paper cutting system? sure Michelle (our hostess) will be popping on soon and can give you more info too if you have more questions! so jump on in and pick a couple groups!

I just popped by to see if we've had any more interest in this swap! It sounds like a fun one to me - can't wait! :thumbsup2

I've been thinking about my pieces ...... I'm tossing a few things around .... I guess it'll be a surprise ;)

We are headed to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for the weekend so I'll check back on Monday/Tuesday to see where we end up! Hope everyone enjoys the holiday weekend!!! :beach:

have a fun weekend Leah...are you going to DollyWood?

Hi!
Please come join us, we dont bite, hard!:goodvibes
We all love newbies and making new friends. Ive been hear for about 4 years and I still get very nervous about my work. I was taught very early on two rules that I still judge my work by 1) Do I like it? (you are your hardest jug=dge!) and 2) would you use it in your own book and I added my own 3) would you want someone else to use it in their book?
Join two groups, see if you like doing it and go from there.
Our hostess is great and very helpful.
Hope to see you!
Rita

:welcome: The swaps here are a lot of fun and addicting! So consider yourself warned. :thumbsup2 I hope you will join in a couple of groups. I'm sure your stuff is terrific! One of my favorite parts of swapping with these ladies is that I always get great new ideas or techniques along with all the awesome pieces. Don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have. We were all newbies at one time and everyone here is nice and helpful!

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes and encouraging words. Ok I am going to give this a try. Please sign me up for group A. I think that I am just going to do one for my first time.

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes and encouraging words. Ok I am going to give this a try. Please sign me up for group A. I think that I am just going to do one for my first time.

Welcome!! I will add you to Group A, I promise. Right now I am at my in-law's lake house, and let me tell you this internet connection is painful! It took 10 minutes to post this, so I will make all updates when I get home. If you decide on another group, let me know. We were all new at one point! I am sure your work will be fine, and you will be addicted to swaps like the rest of us :rolleyes1 Welcome!!!

I was going to take a back seat but then I realised I'm actually a bit short of some general Disney stuff :earseek:

Put me down for A, B, C, F H and K(4) please:goodvibes

So I am really excited to give this a try, but am still a little confused. I am doing group A, so for example can I do a title that says Mickey on mickey shaped heads? Would that fufill the requirements? Also since there are 6 to a group am I supposed to make only 5 of whatever I do? Thanks for the help and I am sorry for so many questions.

I was going to take a back seat but then I realised I'm actually a bit short of some general Disney stuff :earseek:

Put me down for A, B, C, F H and K(4) please:goodvibes

Got you down ;)

So I am really excited to give this a try, but am still a little confused. I am doing group A, so for example can I do a title that says Mickey on mickey shaped heads? Would that fufill the requirements? Also since there are 6 to a group am I supposed to make only 5 of whatever I do? Thanks for the help and I am sorry for so many questions.

Normally you do not know how many spots to make until sign-ups close. For Group A though, that is full so you would need to make 6. You will get one back of your own and then you will get items from the other five people in your group. Your Mickey title sounds fine ;) Don't worry about the questions!! Hope that helps.

Everything should be updated to here.

I will close the swap down tomorrow evening. I might join a few more groups to keep them open, but we might end up having to close a few groups too ;)

Michelle thanks so much for the help. It is nice to know that everyone has been in this boat at one time or another.:blush:

I will take a spot in:

Disney Groups

B. Disney Colors
D. Princesses
F. Hollywood Studios
H. Magic Kingdom
J. Disney Pages

Also, I would be interested in Disney Grab Bag. Since everyone can send in varying amounts of elements, it doesn't really matter how many people sign up in that group, does it? If I can do it, I'll make 7 sets of something. It's your choice if you just want to keep it at 6 people.

Non-Disney Groups

1. Holiday
9. Holiday Pages

If I can talk to Enchanted Florist tomorrow, I'll see if she wants to do any groups. Unfortunately, our schedules haven't coincided lately.

VickiV

I will take a spot in:

Disney Groups

B. Disney Colors
D. Princesses
F. Hollywood Studios
H. Magic Kingdom
J. Disney Pages

Also, I would be interested in Disney Grab Bag. Since everyone can send in varying amounts of elements, it doesn't really matter how many people sign up in that group, does it? If I can do it, I'll make 7 sets of something. It's your choice if you just want to keep it at 6 people.

Non-Disney Groups

1. Holiday
9. Holiday Pages

If I can talk to Enchanted Florist tomorrow, I'll see if she wants to do any groups. Unfortunately, our schedules haven't coincided lately.

VickiV

I will get you added. I will also add you to the grab bag group too! If you make seven, you may get one of your own pieces back unless someone else joins the group if that is ok.

I can going to close this out later tonight, so we hope to hear from the Enchanted Florist ;)

Michelle, I'm back.... I scrapped like 20 hours so far this weekend and am completely caught up with my partner swap and nearly finished with the lyric swap (just some embellishing to do). So I want to re join this swap. Sorry for being flakey. I'm not usually like that. So if you will let me I would like to sign up for all four of the park groups....please! I'll take another look at the groups and see if I can fill any other holes before you close signals tonight.
Stephanie

Michelle, I'm back.... I scrapped like 20 hours so far this weekend and am completely caught up with my partner swap and nearly finished with the lyric swap (just some embellishing to do). So I want to re join this swap. Sorry for being flakey. I'm not usually like that. So if you will let me I would like to sign up for all four of the park groups....please! I'll take another look at the groups and see if I can fill any other holes before you close signals tonight.
Stephanie

No problem! I understand. I will sign you up now!

Hi
Looks like we are sitting better now so Im just going to add group C~FabFive.

I have a question on general groups~ Is Breakfast too specific for anyone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter