Surrounded by Swashbuckling Pirates: The Sarcastic's Voyage to Disneyland

Love your trip report so far. You are quite a talented writer! Looking forward to the next installment. Oh, and the pix are great, too. Did you like the CCI? I am staying there later this month to visit the parks and DD. I hope it is as great as the reviews are. And yes, the yellow shirts are adorable.

PS - Sorry Nemo wasn't open yet, you could have seen my DD - she transfered there from Buzz:)

Great report and pics! So, when do we get to find out if you were dreamed???

Erin,
Another great update.

I though the Dumbo pictures your Mom took were cool, she did a great job getting them.

I agree with you about the French Fries at the French Market.

Nice cliff hanger about the Dream Squad...hope you got Dreamed

Love your trip report so far. You are quite a talented writer! Looking forward to the next installment. Oh, and the pix are great, too. Did you like the CCI? I am staying there later this month to visit the parks and DD. I hope it is as great as the reviews are. And yes, the yellow shirts are adorable.

PS - Sorry Nemo wasn't open yet, you could have seen my DD - she transfered there from Buzz:)

Thank you and I'm glad you are enjoying it. The University of California system doesn't seem to think I'm such a talented writer though. I have to take an introductory writing class this quarter. Although, that type of writing is different - I hate analyzing books!

We really like the Candy Cane Inn! It was clean, the rooms were a nice size, the employees were nice, they had a great continental breakfast, and is was pretty close to Disneyland (probably closer than the Paradise Pier or the Disneyland Hotel). I'm sure you will enjoy it!

Great report and pics! So, when do we get to find out if you were dreamed???

Oh, you'll find out soon!!! I'm planning on posting my next episode later tonight. Thanks for joining in!

Erin,
Another great update.

I though the Dumbo pictures your Mom took were cool, she did a great job getting them.

I agree with you about the French Fries at the French Market.

Nice cliff hanger about the Dream Squad...hope you got Dreamed

I really like the Dumbo pictures too. You don't see many pictures like that. Did we get dreamed???

Chapter 5: The Kitchen God's Servants

Alright, I must confess before I continue. I don't remember exactly the order we did things after lunch. You see, I wasn't planing on doing a trip report - that is Lisa's job! I know, I'm a disgrace. I probably shouldn't be allowed to even have a trip report. I'm sorry Lisa, Oh Disney Planning Queen Extraordinaire.

But, I'll continue anyway and do the best I can to remember what happened when. But be forewarned: I may have to guess, or even worse, make something up. GASP! No, I wouldn't do that. But please note, this may not be exactly when everything happened.

Okay, onward we go...

Day 1 (Friday, May 18) continued

We have just finished eating lunch at the French Market and Lisa has gone to snatch some FP for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (so we are currently holding FP for Space, Buzz, Splash and now Big Thunder Mountain). The rest of us are calmly sitting there chatting and relaxing before we start on out whirlwind afternoon and I suddenly notice three members of the Dream Squad (shall we call them Squaders?). They are standing in between the Haunted Mansion and the French Market in front of the New Orleans Square Railroad Station. We fantasize about them approaching us, graciously giving us the keys to the Mickey Mouse Penthouse (the keys are in the shape of a Mickey head of course). Lisa approaches and we come to long enough to point in the general direction of the Squaders, drool dripping onto our table at this point.

Lisa: "Who are they talking to?"
Carol (back in reality now): "Aw, they are giving away something to someone else!"

Kailyn and I are back from lala land now, disappointed. We watch what is happening. The women who are talking to the Squaders are now bouncing around excitedly. Lisa finally decides to find out what they are getting. She nonchalantly walks close enough to hear what the winners are being told, and pretends to look at the map. Way to go Lisa! She comes back over and tells us they won dream ears. Well, we didn't win but, on a good note, at least we didn't miss our chance on the Penthouse.

So now it is rounding 1:00 and our Splash FP are up so off we go to ride. When we get there, the stand-by line is only 15 minutes so we ride without using our FP. Our picture is okay, but not good enough to buy. So once we're soaking from the plunge (actually, I found the smaller drops get you more wet than the huge one) we go on Winnie the Pooh, thinking, thanks to Kailyn, the wind from the Blustery Day will dry us a bit. And, by golly, it did. Or at least it seemed so. Try it next time! And why is there never a line for Pooh?

It is now about 2:00 and the parade is about to start so we head on over to Fantasyland to take advantage of the lower crowds and to ride Snow White and Pinocchio. They are both scary, especially Snow White. We head over to Space to use our FP. Afterwards it is snack time! We opt for a healthy snack and what do you know, there is a fruit cart right near the exit to Space. We get strawberries with chocolate dipping sauce and apples with caramel to split. I was nice to eat something healthy.

Lisa and Kailyn wanted to do Star Tours but my mom and I don't really feel up to it. So, while they were flying through space, we go into the store next to Buzz. They have a pretty large pin selection. We buy some pins, an Astro Blaster (that sounds just like a real Astro Blaster on the ride!) and an Astro Blaster keychain. Lisa and Kailyn meet us in there and then we use our Buzz FP. This time Kailyn won, I believe.

Next we head over to It's a Small World. We didn't wait in the sunny line very long (but boy was it hot!) and got in a boat with a boy and his mom, who sat in the very front. It felt nice to be in the air conditioned ride. The mom decided to videotape the entire ride. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe getting that lovely song stuck in her head while not at Disneyland was what she was going for. I know that she is really going to enjoy out snide remarks in the background though :rolleyes1 . This ride, minus the song, is actually pretty cool.

We now head over to the other side of the park to ride Splash Mountain again with our FP from earlier. You see, out whole goal with riding Splash Mountain is to get a good picture. Isn't that everyone's goal? So we ride and get splashed a bit (again, mostly on the small drops, but the big drop does nothing for my hair ;) ). We weren't satisfied with our picture. It seems that someone is never posing right. I guess we'll just have to ride it again on Sunday.

Instead of going straight to Pooh to get "blown dry" we decide we need another snack because the one we had 45 minutes ago wasn't enough (refer to Rule #3, post 1). We walk through the Pooh shop to the bakery counter and get in line. This gives us time to contemplate what to get. Should I get a cookie or a Tigger Tail? Oh, those peanut butter cups look good. Maybe that 'Smore on a Stick? There are so many choices. This was definitely the hardest decision of the day! I ended up getting a huge peanut butter cup (it had whole peanuts in it to my disappointment). Lisa got a Tigger Tail. Kailyn got marshmallows on a stick covered in oreo crumbs with a gummy worm on top. My mom got something without chocolate (as she can't eat it) but I don't remember what it was.

Now that our bellies are full once more we can ride Pooh and get dry. As usual nobody is in line and we get a Hunny vehicle all to ourselves.

Now this is the part of out day I remember VERY clearly. After Pooh we head back towards Adventureland, stopping to shop in the stores. My mom finds an adorable purse with skulls on it and debates with herself about getting it. The Tiki Room is pulling Lisa in. It is calling her name. Lisa! Lisa! I believe this is one of her favorite attarctions, but to the rest of us this is torture. It is like getting sand in out eyes with no way to get it out until the "Tiki Adventure" is over. I've been told that the Tiki Room is a right of passage, a tradition, but I say off with tradition's head! My mom and Kailyn feel the same way also. So, after much complaining (note this is NOT breaking the rules. Rule #2 clearly states no whining) we give in and let Lisa drag us into the Torture Room, making sure Lisa knows this is the only time we will go in the Tiki Room.

So, here we are, pretending to be enjoying ourselves.
200705180026.jpg

Once Lisa has had her fun, we decide to go on Big Thunder Mountain with our FP. I love passing by all of those people in the standby line. One of the finer joys in life. It is about 7:00ish and as you know, the Conestoga Fries are directly across from the exit to Big Thunder Mountain. We decide to get some of those delicious morsels of goodness.

Here we are...
200705180027.jpg

200705180028.jpg

We sat there, stuffing out faces with the HOT McDonald's fries (as if we haven't eaten in a week) and people watching. People wear the most interesting attire to Disneyland. Tube tops? Mini skirts that barely cover the butt? But my favorite has to be high heels. People watching, eating wonderful French fries and relaxing for a bit was one of my favorite parts of the entire trip. We were all so tired at that point that we were in the loopy-tired stage and making fun of people walking by was fun. We took this as one of out educational moments. See above to see what we learned What Not to Wear.

We didn't eat a real dinner that night, after eating Pooh treats and fries. We went back to Main St. and shopped for a while. We stayed for the fireworks and then left, marching our aching bodies back to the hotel. We got in the hot tub for a bit, discussing how we were going to "do" the next day. Tomorrow is Saturday, Premiere day.

This is what we came up with...
Lisa at Carol get up and get in line for the Premiere by 3:30am.
Kailyn and Erin get to park when we get up
We wait all day for the Red Carpet Event to begin at 5:30 (park closes at 5:00 to any newcomers)

We got out of the tub and went back to the room. We took turns showering and getting everything ready for tomorrow so we wouldn't have to worry about it in the morning chaos.

We finaly went to bed, anticipating the exciting, yet long, day ahead of us.

Up next: The chaos, AKA the Premiere, at Disneyland...what will happen?

Chapter 7: (Line) Angels and Demons (with no manners!)

Oh My Gosh!!! Who is this Lisa woman you are with...she is breathtakingly beautiful and clearly one of the most intelligent people I have ever read about!! I am shocked she was not walking the red carpet in her aromatic black clog shoes!! :rotfl:

Erin...your report is fabulous!!! I could not have done any better myself. Whoever planned your trip was obviously a Disney genius! I do think you were a little harsh on Lisa's Sarcastic o'meter however because she doesn't appear to look like a sarcastic person....indeed she seems charming (who wouldn't freak out if their minutely detailed plan was not followed to the minute...I mean I am sure Lisa left you with a few minutes to go to the restroom....for goodness sakes that mother of yours had to use the restroom as soon as you ENTERED the park! Sheesh!).

Again keep up the fabulous job...I can't wait to hear what happens next (no doubt Orlando Bloom will be falling at Lisa's feet....to bad she is happily married!).

We opt for a healthy snack

So glad you didn't have to make anything up...
Yeah right opt for healthy snacks..:lmao:

People watching at Disneyland is Great!!
It is amazing what you see there, sometimes I wonder if people use
the mirrors in their houses before they head out the door.

Keep up the good work I think you are doing great.

What UC School are you considering?

You have a great memory! I am loving the trip report. The fact that people wear heels to Disneyland truly amazes me. I saw a pic someone else posted on the main board that had a lady in the background wearing tall wedges. That's the only thing I was able to focus on! I'm going to have to look out for it when we go next month.

Oh My Gosh!!! Who is this Lisa woman you are with...she is breathtakingly beautiful and clearly one of the most intelligent people I have ever read about!! I am shocked she was not walking the red carpet in her aromatic black clog shoes!! :rotfl:

Erin...your report is fabulous!!! I could not have done any better myself. Whoever planned your trip was obviously a Disney genius! I do think you were a little harsh on Lisa's Sarcastic o'meter however because she doesn't appear to look like a sarcastic person....indeed she seems charming (who wouldn't freak out if their minutely detailed plan was not followed to the minute...I mean I am sure Lisa left you with a few minutes to go to the restroom....for goodness sakes that mother of yours had to use the restroom as soon as you ENTERED the park! Sheesh!).

Again keep up the fabulous job...I can't wait to hear what happens next (no doubt Orlando Bloom will be falling at Lisa's feet....to bad she is happily married!).

And you wonder why I gave Lisa the rating I did on the Sarcastic O' Meter. Don't make me laugh Tigerlilly.

Tigerlilly, I don't even know where to begin in my reply. I think many people were shocked Lisa was not walking the red carpet although I'm sure that the people that walked by our room at night, past the "aromatic black clogs", were probably grateful she wasn't. But please give me your opinion on this next matter...My mom and I went to lunch with Lisa last week to discuss our next Disney adventure and she was wearing the shoes!!! She hasn't even thrown them away yet! I am shocked! I'm suprised that the smell hasn't eaten through the bottom of her feet yet.

Yes, Lisa is quite the Disney genius. We are very grateful for her expertise in this subject. I know that my mom and I had a marvelous time on this trip and are excited about going to WDW with Lisa and Kailyn in approximately 16 months (now if only we could get Mr. Lisa to see how we NEED to go on this trip...:rolleyes: We'll just have to keep working on him while we plan).

And of course Orlando will be falling at Lisa's feet (hopefully she isn't wearing those "aromatic black clogs" because the smell might kill him!), but as you said, Tigerlilly, she is happily married (and working on convincing her husband that we NEED to go on this trip...I will die if we don't) and must turn him down when he proposes. Therefore, Orlando will have to fall at my feet instead and marry me in all his gorgeousness.

Thanks for joining in Tigerlilly from Dallas, TX! I'll be sure to tell Lisa that she has a devoted follower :thumbsup2 .

So glad you didn't have to make anything up...
Yeah right opt for healthy snacks..:lmao:

People watching at Disneyland is Great!!
It is amazing what you see there, sometimes I wonder if people use
the mirrors in their houses before they head out the door.

Keep up the good work I think you are doing great.

What UC School are you considering?

Actually we did opt for healthy...although chocolate dipping sauce and caramel aren't the healthiest thing we could be eating... but it was probably the healthiest thing we ate during the whole trip...

I am a freshman at UC San Diego. Since we are on the quarter system I don't leave for another 2 weeks (the 22nd to be exact) so I have lots of time to do nothing.

Thanks for all the encouragement. This is harder than I thought but fun at the same time!

Sounds like so much fun! Can't wait until the next update.

:)

Thanks Mt Mommy! I'll try to get the next installment posted Monday!

You have a great memory! I am loving the trip report. The fact that people wear heels to Disneyland truly amazes me. I saw a pic someone else posted on the main board that had a lady in the background wearing tall wedges. That's the only thing I was able to focus on! I'm going to have to look out for it when we go next month.

Oh, people watching is very interesting. You should definitely try it! It's really fun to sit on a bench with a snack after a long day and just watch people for a few minutes. Have fun at Disneyland when you go!

Chapter 6: (line) Angels and Demons (with no manners)

The Big Day
Saturday, May 19, 2007
Pirates of the Caribbean: A World's End Premiere at Disneyland
ARRRGGG!!! pirate:

The day started off very early for my mom and Lisa. They got up a little before 3:00 am and were out the door by 3:10. They got in line, which started at the security check and was all the way out to Harbor Blvd. already! And they were 720th in line! It was only 3:30! So they waited in the dark with the rest of the Pirate maniacs (while Kailyn and I slept...hehe) until they were let into the esplanade at 5:00. Apparently it was a madhouse while everyone rushed to get in line at one of the gates (fortunately all were going to open). At about 5:30, Lisa went to buy blackout tickets for her and Kailyn since their annual passes were blacked out that day (hence the blackout tickets). She avoided waiting in line by going around the back of the ticket booth (hmm...silly lemmings who waited in line!). So she went back and waited in line with my mom. Actually, she dissed my mom and waited in a different line thinking she'd get in the park quicker. Silly Lisa!

At 6:00 my cell phone rings and wakes me up. I fly out of bed, not wanting to miss any action, and answer. It is my mom telling me that Kailyn and I need to get over there "RIGHT NOW!!!" I wake Kailyn and we get dressed at lightening speed. I've never been in such a rush before. I quickly straighten my hair (as I want to look my best for Mr. Bloom), we grab some water bottles, our sweatshirts, my Tinkerbell watch, my phone and the two walkie-talkies my mom left for us (they had the other two...our way of keeping in touch throughout the trip while we were apart). We run (more of a sprint) the entire way down Harbor, passing two women dressed as pirates (more of a Reniassance look, really) and run to the security check. At this point I am sweating and totally out of breath. Kailyn, too. We pass through security easily and call the moms via walkie-talkie. We navigate through the incredibly LONG lines (all the way to the DCA enterance and part way back!) and find our way to our mothers. I laugh when I see them because, besides our regular huge backpacks, they each have an armful of stuff (my Pirates towel and my mom's blanket included. These were elegantly hung over the wall pictures in our room to help us get into the mood).

Then, it begins...it is 6:30 and the park is opening. The countdown begins. I have never felt so much energy in one place in all my life. It was an incredible feeling. The park opens. As soon as people get through the turnstiles, they sprint to get a seat as close to the red carpet as possible. My mom's line is moving faster than Lisa's (haha!) so Kailyn and I stay with my mom. We get through, grabbing a handful of specialty maps and Premiere buttons and run! R-U-N!!! Run! This is one of the carziest things I have ever been a part of. I can't even begin to explain the total chaos taking place inside Disneyland. It is truly mindboggling. If you ever get the chance to go to a premiere like this, do it! It is an incredible experience!

Now, my mom, Kailyn and I enter through the left tunnel (which was a mistake) and immediately see people and their stuff sprawled on the ground and a set of bleachers in front fo the firehouse/Emporium. You can't even walk down the paved part of Main St. because it is barricaded and the red carpet is already down. The bleachers are pretty empty so my mom commands Kailyn and I to save seats there while she goes to look for a spot on the curb. You see, if you sit in the bleachers you can't get autographs - you must stay seated and no one will be standing in between the bleachers and the red carpet. So, if you want awesome pictures, sit there. If you want autographs, DON'T sit there. As we wanted autographs, we didn't really want to sit there, but if there was no where else to sit, this would do. I'm assuming Lisa got in and passed us at some point. Kailyn and I waited and eventually heard from my mom (via walkie-talkie) and they found a spot in front of the castle but we needed to stay where we were until one of them came and got us and they scoped everything and were sure they had gotten the best possible spot (the east side of Main St. was for the media, and although people could sit there, they would be behind huge, blinding lights). Finally, Lisa came and we trekked down the sidewalk to our spot where my mom and Lisa had set up a comfy little place right in front. We got all settled and I gave Lisa the extra button I had taken because there weren't any left when she had finally gotten through her line.

Here are the button and map
2007_0910Erins18thbday070006.jpg

2007_0910Erins18thbday070007.jpg

We sat there for a few minutes, waiting for our neighbors to settle in. At this point it is about 6:50 (I know! All that and only 20 minutes has passed!) and Kailyn and I decide to go ride some rides while the other two saved our spots and guarded our beloved towel/blanket. Kailyn and I head through the castle into Fantasyland and Oh. My. Gosh. We are the ONLY ones in Fantasyland!! When has that ever happened?!? We ride Peter Pan and there's no one else in line. We ride Mr. Toad (that's finally open) and there's no line. Then we went to the Matterhorn on the right track with no line. I now realize why we go on the left side all the time - it's so much better.

Next, we went over to Space Mountain and grabbed some FP for the moms to use later and waited only breifly before we were on. We then rode Buzz (and I won!) with no line. I like this no line thing! Then, we headed over to the west side of the park and rode Indy and then Haunted Mansion. We were now having to wait a little bit - like 5-10 minutes! Sheesh! We debated going on Splash but decided against it, so we went on Pooh instead, then headed back to out spots. On our way back, we stopped and got FP for Big Thunder Mountain. It was almost 9:00ish and when we returned there were a bunch more people around us. To our left was another set of bleachers and it was almost full. My mom was totally zonked out (Carol: "Not many people can say they've napped on the Disneyland sidewalk for two hours." That's her claim to fame :sad2: ) and Lisa was half asleep. We sat down and they both woke up and we told them about our no-line experience.

Here we are shortly after Kailyn and I return.
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0041.jpg

They then go off to get cinnamon rolls (which I much prefer), twists and coffee from the bakery, as we were all starving. They came back after waiting 40 minutes! So much for not waiting in line! Then they left us to eat while they went and rode rides. I scarfed half of the cinnamon roll but then felt sick. Those things should come with a "Made with a TON of sugar" warning. They came back an hour later and said they had only ridden Pirates (which had some new added decorations for the event) but had walked around some and gone to the bathroom.

The posters the put on every barricade
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0042.jpg

Our view of the castle
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0046.jpg

The red carpet set up progresses
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0045.jpg

2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0047.jpg

After that we all sat and took turns going to the bathroom. At about 11:00 or so Kailyn and I went to ride Big Thunder Mountain and then went to the French Market for lunch, again. Of course I had those yummy fries!!! We walkie-talkied the moms to see if they wanted anything to eat. They didn't but asked us to get sunscreen. So, we went to the little courtyard that connects the children's Pieces of Eight and the adult's Pieces of Eight. Did they have sunscreen...yes, a $9 teeny tiny bottle. Yeah right! Thanks, but no thanks!

So back we went and sat in our spots. We know we would have to be standing four hours starting shortly so we took advantage of sitting while we could. It was getting REALLY warm now. Kailyn and I went to refill our water bottles with cold water from the fountain at Rancho Zocalo. When we got back, Kailyn was getting really warm so Lisa went and bought a cute black Mickey umbrella from the princess store in/near the castle.

And the sitting continues...at about 2:30 or so, the CM's started coming around selling water bottles and frozen lemonade. We bought one because it was so stinking hot! At about 3:00 we took turns going to the bathroom for the final time before the standing began.

Backtracking for pictures...

Us later in the day
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0049.jpg

The amazing Disney maintenance crew that carpet swept and vacuumed the entire red carpet twice. Keep in mind the red carpet stretched from where the evening parade begins, around the first hub, all the way down Main St., around the second hub and into Frontierland. It was LONG!

2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0051.jpg

2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0052.jpg

Even the carpet sweeps were decked out! Only Disney...
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0053.jpg

The premiere equipment:

The screen on Tom Sawyer Island
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0063.jpg

2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0062.jpg

The bleachers...now remember these are sitting on the walkway!
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0061.jpg

Added decorations for the event. I guess they moved (according to my mom) but I never saw it.
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0065.jpg

2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0066.jpg

Up next: Pirates Pirates everywhere, a foot's worst nightmare and...a disaster!!!!!!

Chapter 7: Digital Fortress (or Frustration)

Looking forward to more of your Quest for Pirates, Mrs. Bloom

Chapter 7: Digital Fortress (or Frustration)
Premiere day continued

Recap: Lisa and Carol in line at 3:20 am, Erin and Kailyn meet them in line at 6:27, we wait all day on the curb in front of the castle in the sun.

Sounds fun, right?

It's now about 2:30 - 3:00ish, maybe 3:30 (I'm such an accurate time keeper!). Fortunately we are still able to be sitting and not standing. The CMs walking around told us earlier that we would have to start standing in the afternoon so more people could participate. Great. Just what we need. More people. Based on what Lisa had read, she predicted we would have to start standing around 2:00. But here we are at 3:30 and we're still sitting. Yay! We can postpone standing on our already aching feel for a little bit longer.

At about this time, Disney sends out entertainers. There are hundreds (or so it seems) and they desperse themselves along the Red Carpet. They are all dressed as pirates (seems fitting), except for the first "show" we see, the Disneyland band.

2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0054.jpg

They stay in front of us for a long time. At about 4:00, or a little after (our perception on time is a little off as we've been trapped on the curb forever), we are told we need to start standing. Maybe we weren't actually told, but the people on the other side of the Red Carpet started standing, so me being the worry wart that I am may have given a false alarm. But I don't think that is what actually happened :rolleyes1 . We really were told to stand so stand we did. We packed all of our stuff (and boy was there a lot) and positioned ourselves inbetween the curb and the metal barrier (only one row of people could fit in this space. Everyone else had to stand on the sidewalk). Now the Pirate entertainment started. I can't believe how many Pirates Disney employs. Their talents ranged from juggling to acrobats to stilt walkers to balancing on a ball while juggling fire (okay, maybe not fire). Because the red carpet is so long, and we are at the end (we can see the end of the Red Carpet, it is only about 100 feet away), we only get to see a handful of them.

Here is the Red Carpet before the event began...all vacuumed and pretty
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0075.jpg

The fake Captain Jack Sparrow...but he is pretty good!
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0074.jpg

These acrobats were WONDERFUL!!! The best performers we saw the entire time. The guy had a French accent and the woman didn't speak the whole time. My mom thinks that the woman didn't speak English, I think she was just shy.
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0079.jpg

This is really cool. This pirate is on stilts and the boat is made totally from balloons!
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0084.jpg

And then it began (at 5:30), the Red Carpet Event we've all been waiting for, all day. The first few people that came down had actually bought the tickets and were nobodys (that's what I'll call them from now on). We didn't bother taking pictures of them, unless they happened to be in the way of an important person. But, then people with some ounce of fame started coming down.

A Pirate bothering the rich people...
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0081.jpg

Corey Maggette...LA Clippers
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0085.jpg

Danielle Panabaker..."The Guardian" and the Disney Channel Movie "Stuck in the Suburbs"
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0086.jpg

Keith Richards...eww
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0087.jpg

All the while the entertainers kept entertaining, which I though was a tad bit odd as they were a distraction from the real reason we were there. Move out of the way silly Pirates...let's see some famous people.

Remember that "pretend" shirt I wanted (the black one with the movie logo on the front)? Well, of course everyone was wearing something with a Pirate on it (for buying the ticket you got a Pirates baseball cap, Pirate Mickey ears and a bunch of other cool, expensive stuff, like a brand new Nintendo Game Boy!). I was admiring all the Pirate garb when suddenly this woman walks by with MY SHIRT!!! Oh my gosh!! "Hey, lady, where did you get that shirt?" I call out desperately, reaching over the raining, but she either didn't hear me or didn't want to hear me.

Anyway, the people got more famous as the night went on. Of course the nobodys were dispersed throughout and were quite annoying as they would stop and take pictures of famous people walking around them.

Christy Carlson Romano..."Even Stevens"
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0090.jpg

Teri Hatcher ("Desperate Housewives") and her cute daughter, Emerson, being attacked by a performing Pirate
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0092.jpg

Mark Indelicado..."Ugly Betty"
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0094.jpg

Now, here is something funny. We were waiting for people in the movie to come down the carpet and we suddenly see this man that looks like Lee Arenburg (he plays Pintel) so we get all exicted and take a picture. We got one! We congratulate ourselves, pat each other on the back, etc. Well then about an hour later, the real Lee Arenbug comes. Oh, whoops. So here is the fake Lee Arenburg in all his glory
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0095.jpg

We at least could take something away from this mistake...what is Right to wear to an event like this. Take note, people, that it is important to wear the right shoes with your outfit and dressing up is important when walking any Red Carpet, even at Disneyland.

Lauren Holly..."NCIS" and Jim Carey's ex-wife I believe
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0096.jpg

Chris Harrison...host on "The Bachelor"
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0104.jpg

Martin Landau..."Mission: Impossible" and official snob of the night
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0108.jpg

Kobe Bryant...LA Lakers and my brother's favorite player (ignore the nobodys in front)
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0105.jpg

2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0106.jpg

Mark Curry..."Hangin' with Mr. Cooper"
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0112.jpg

Continued in next post...I exceeded my image limit!

Continued from the previous post...

And then it happened.

The tragedy of this trip. At about 7:00 my mom says "Uh oh." Just like that. "Uh oh." I look over at her and give her the what-in-the-world-does-that-mean look. She responds "the batteries in my camera just died." :eek:

Erin: "What do you mean the batteries just died? You have more right?"
Carol: "Yeah, I brought a ton more."
Erin, slightly panicked now: "Well, change them!"

So she does and the camera still doesn't work. She uses rechargable batteries and she thought she had enough juice left in the ones in her camera so she didn't bring the fully charged ones, waiting patiently in the hotel room. She did bring regular batteries (okay, we got them for 4 for a dollar at Target...lesson learned) but they dind't work at all. So we are stuck. Lisa doesn't have a camera :-)confused3 ) and her video camera has its own special battery that was losing juice as well.

This is just great. I start panicking. My mom starts panicking. Lisa starts panicking. Kailyn starts panicking. We haven't even gotten to the "big' people yet. What will we do?

We still have a weeny little bit left in the batteries so she only takes pictures of really important people, but they are blurry.

Good greif!

I'm too tired to be mad at this point. My feet are killing me. I'm shifting my weight from one foot to another until that foot falls alseep. Can someone carry me?

Movin on...
FINALLY, some important people come! Most of these were taken pre-blur.

Reggie Lee...Pirate's of the Caribbean's Tao Huang
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0098.jpg

Ricardo Chivira...Carlos on "Desperate Housewives"
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0111.jpg

Cuba Gooding, Jr... he was wonderful! He ran up and down the Red Carpet getting people all riled up.
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0114.jpg

Jack Davenport...Pirate's Admiral James Norrington (he's giving me his autograph in this picture)
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0116.jpg

Terry Rossio...on of Pirate's writers (he, too, is giving me his autograph). He was very nice and told us that we deserved an autograph since we have been out here all day.
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0118.jpg

Here is the beginning of "The Mob". Now, "The Mob" is what I call the whole group of people that came down all at once.

Here is Joey Fatone of N*SYNC and Dancing with the Stars (Can you spot Jon Voight?)
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0128.jpg

Natalie Maines from the Dixie Chicks was also in "The Mob" but so was Orlando Bloom...sigh

I didn't realize that he was in "The Mob" until he was about 20 feet from us and then I screamed. I had been reasonably calm until this point, but as soon as I saw him I turned into a mad teenage girl (I am a teenage girl but the mad part was new) and totally freaked out (screams, jumping, etc.). My mom looked at me wondering where that came from. It came from the fact that Orlando, my hero, my heart throb, was RIGHT THERE...with his back turned from us the whole time, with some sleeze bag draped across him the whole time. But are my hopes let down?...I don't think so. One day he will realize that I am alive.

So, here he is... He is in the blue shirt. He was really hard to pick out if you weren't looking for him as he was in the middle of "The Mob" surrounded by security, who were pushing him because he was late for the premiere. He was practically running!
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0129.jpg

The official picture of him we got. Isn't it lovely?
2007_0520DisneylandandPirates0130.jpg

I wait all this time and this is what I get to see of Orlando Bloom? :mad:

So our camera has oficially died now. Orlando has already passed and I didn't get a picture of him worth putting up as my desktop background on the computer. But, Johnny Depp hasn't come yet.

It is getting dark (okay, it is completely dark) and we are wall waiting for Johnny. It is 8:30 and the Premiere was supposed to start at 8:00. A CM comes around telling us that when Johnny comes (he is the last one) we cannot get autographs, only pictures.

We begin hearning roars of screams. Then flashes moving down the Red Carpet. THERE HE IS!! Everyone's cameras are flashing, well, everyone's except ours! He walks by slowly, saying thank you and waving to everyone. He was so gracious and obviously appreciative we had waited 18 freaking hours to see him (and Orlando of course). I manage to snap a picture of him on my phone (it turned out just super..a fuzzy blob with a red stripe at the bottom)

So that's it. It's done. The time has come to leave! We load up all our stuff and follow th mobs of people exiting the park. It was crowded and crazy!

Now, it is 8:53, and we haven't had anything to eat since our frozen lemonade this afternoon. We are all grumpy (not Goofy, not Sleepy, not Happy, just plain ol' Grumpy), tired and hungry. We have two options...1) we can eat in DCA or 2) we could go back to the hotel, eat the left over pizza from the night before last and sit in the hot tub. Need I tell you what option we chose? (It is #2 for those of you who couldn't figure it out)

When we get to Harbor Blvd. Kailyn whines (rules!!!) that she doesn't want pizza! Lisa offers to take her to McDonalds but she doesn't want to go to McDonalds. Now she is pouting - good greif! So now that Lisa is mad to boot (at Kailyn) we go back to the hotel, get our pizza, put on our swim suits and go to the hot tub.

But poeple are already in the hot tub! Do the shoes need to come with us to scare these people away? Oh, wait, it is that nice family we met yesterday morning, the McDaniels from Idaho (man, yesterday morning was a LONG time ago!) We share how our days went. They were at the very front of the Red Carpet and got everyone's autograph (even Orlando's!) and some great pictures! We tell them about our stupid camera problems (stupid camera or stupid owners?) and they offer to email us their pictures.

They leave and we start eating our pizza. We try to warm it up in the microwave in the lobby. At this point we are giddy (not Goofy, not Sleepy, not Happy, just giddy). It din't work too well (the pizza in the microwave). Our pizza is now cold (still), hard, and rubbery.

So we give up and go back to the room to shower and sleep. Before we go to bed, I look over my autographs. I got 8. Not bad seeing how some other people in out party only got 3 :sad1: . If you want to know, the autographs I got were Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luther on Smallville), Wilmer Valderrama (That 70's Show), Terry Rossio (see above), Jack Davenport (see above), Naomie Harris (Pirate's Tia Dalma), Apollo Anton Ohno (Olympic Speed skater), Chris Massey (Zoey 101 on Nickelodeon and Kyle Massey's brother. Kyle Massey is from That's So Raven), and Henry Simmons (NYPD Blue).

Now, because I am a nice person, I am going to share 5 of the most important pictures we recieved from the McDaniels. I'm only posting 5 beause they aren't mine. But I know you people are dying to see them and I can already feel the peer pressure so here they are.

Roy Disney
DSC015100054_047.jpg

Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville). He's a cutie too. Oh, and there's a story that goes along with this one. After I got my autograph from him (I know who he is because I've watched Smallville before) he walks by Kailyn who is just staring at him, having no idea whatsoever who he is because she has never seen the show before, and he looks directly at her and says "you have no idea who I am, do you?" She shakes her head. He laughs and walks away. We are all laughing, except Kailyn who was trying to figure out who he was. :lmao:
Anyway...
DSC014100059_042.jpg

Gore Verbinski...the director of the Pirates movies
DSC015900051_050.jpg

Orlando...need I say more? :love:
DSC017600045_056.jpg

And, finally, Johnny Depp
DSC018500042_060.jpg

You're welcome.

Up next - We get Splash'd twice and Hey, who is that?

Chapter 8: The Adventures of Alice in Wetland

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter