SURVIVOR 39: ISLAND OF THE IDOLS premieres Sept. 25, 2019

What was that woman (forgot her name) thinking taking on Rob in a fire making challenge? You got to be kidding me.
Just playing devil's advocate, she didn't have a lot to lose. She thought she was pretty secure and so losing her vote wouldn't be a big deal. So why not go for broke and give it a try? But yeah, she should have known she really had no shot at beating him at all.

I think people who aren't Rob or Sandra trying to play like Rob or Sandra is going to lead them into disaster. Time will tell.

Who's your pick to win the season?
I've locked in Molly as my pick.

I saw this was on my DVR this morning. I doubt I'll watch. Not a Rob fan. :crazy2:

I agree. I was yelling at my tv for her not to do it. It was a stupid move. But it paid off as her vote was never shown. I also think she is going to get herself in trouble when the tribe finds out she lied about the island.
I too, was wondering why she lied about the island?? I would think that soon one of the players will say that Rob and Sandra are there and then her tribemates that she is aligned with will wonder why she lied.

I really liked the set up this season. no Jeff to greet them, just get to work. It seems like the group got along much better as strangers, than Jeff introducing them and calling some of them out. They seemed to bond easier.

It was what I figured with Rob nad Sandra. They are just there to mentor, and nothing else. I like that they get to listen in on TC. Going forward, they'll be able to give the players some advice based on their game play with the other players.

Favorite moment of the episode: They are all giving heart felt reasons why they like Elaine but her likability was dangerous, and then some of them gave a little sob story. Rob asks Sandra, would you do that? Sandra's answer "_____ no, I would vote your *ss out."

I was thinking.. any chance this season's winner is on Season 40?
Season 40 is returning players. Going all the way back to the beginning. I believe Ethan Zohn :love: will be back, along with Rob and Amber.

There is a quote from Sandra saying that she and Rob asked the Survivors not to spoil the fact they are there so that's probably part of the reason.

I was thinking it was stupid for her to lie also, because they next one to go to the island will know she lied. But, it makes sense that they asked her to keep it to herself. I am going to enjoy seeing everyone's reaction to Rob and Sandra each week.

So do Rob and Sandra have to live like actual players? Or are they secretly being fed burgers and fries somewhere? Because if they have to live on rice, that's sort of a big disadvantage for them heading into Season 40.
I think they're living comfortably with the camera men and the doctor somewhere nearby ... and are being boated out to the island for short filmings. I mean, they can't win, and they're not on camera most of the time, so why would they agree to sleep on the ground and work so hard for their food?
Just playing devil's advocate, she didn't have a lot to lose. She thought she was pretty secure and so losing her vote wouldn't be a big deal. So why not go for broke and give it a try? But yeah, she should have known she really had no shot at beating him at all.
I thought the same thing ... the risk /reward seemed appropriate to me. If she lost (and we all knew she probably would), she lost a vote in the very first tribal, and she hadn't been in camp to be part of the alliances /backstabbing anyway. Small risk. As it worked out, no one even knew she lost her vote. But IF-IF-IF she had won, immunity for TWO tribals? Yeah, I'd have risked it.

What she SHOULD have done: She should've tried to bargain with Rob. She should've asked for a head start or that he would have done it with one hand. What did she have to lose by ASKING? He wasn't going to win any thing by beating her. He might've admired the question and made the concession for her.

No, no ... what she REALLY SHOULD have done ... and I have no idea why this isn't crystal-clear obvious to every person on the show: She knew she was going to be a contestant for some weeks /months. She should've learned to make fire BEFORE she came to the island. And she should've learned to fish and whatever else she thought would be useful. I mean, really, if I were a contestant, I'd be taking lessons in all kinds of survival skills before I went. I actually can make fire (well, I can make fire with Carolina materials like pine -- I've never done it with island materials), but -- if I didn't know how -- I bet I could find someone in my hometown who could teach me.
I was thinking it was stupid for her to lie also, because they next one to go to the island will know she lied. But, it makes sense that they asked her to keep it to herself. I am going to enjoy seeing everyone's reaction to Rob and Sandra each week.
So stupid. So very, very stupid. She gains nothing by lying, and -- as you say -- when the next person goes, at a minimum that person will know she lied (of course, the next person will be from the other tribe, so she has a few days before anyone in her own group knows the truth). Being caught in a lie that big is going to hurt her game.
If she didn't feel it was right to tell, she could've at least said, "I was told not to divulge what happened." But to make up the whole three urn thing? No, this will be Elizabeth's downfall.

I think they're living comfortably with the camera men and the doctor somewhere nearby ... and are being boated out to the island for short filmings. I mean, they can't win, and they're not on camera most of the time, so why would they agree to sleep on the ground and work so hard for their food?
I thought the same thing ... the risk /reward seemed appropriate to me. If she lost (and we all knew she probably would), she lost a vote in the very first tribal, and she hadn't been in camp to be part of the alliances /backstabbing anyway. Small risk. As it worked out, no one even knew she lost her vote. But IF-IF-IF she had won, immunity for TWO tribals? Yeah, I'd have risked it.

What she SHOULD have done: She should've tried to bargain with Rob. She should've asked for a head start or that he would have done it with one hand. What did she have to lose by ASKING? He wasn't going to win any thing by beating her. He might've admired the question and made the concession for her.

No, no ... what she REALLY SHOULD have done ... and I have no idea why this isn't crystal-clear obvious to every person on the show: She knew she was going to be a contestant for some weeks /months. She should've learned to make fire BEFORE she came to the island. And she should've learned to fish and whatever else she thought would be useful. I mean, really, if I were a contestant, I'd be taking lessons in all kinds of survival skills before I went. I actually can make fire (well, I can make fire with Carolina materials like pine -- I've never done it with island materials), but -- if I didn't know how -- I bet I could find someone in my hometown who could teach me.
So stupid. So very, very stupid. She gains nothing by lying, and -- as you say -- when the next person goes, at a minimum that person will know she lied (of course, the next person will be from the other tribe, so she has a few days before anyone in her own group knows the truth). Being caught in a lie that big is going to hurt her game.
If she didn't feel it was right to tell, she could've at least said, "I was told not to divulge what happened." But to make up the whole three urn thing? No, this will be Elizabeth's downfall.

I read somewhere online that Rob and Sandra are actually living similar to the contestants--likely not starving or anything, but with minimal shelter and supplies.

To me, one of the Great Survivor Mysteries of All Time is, why the heck don't people learn to make fire? As soon as you put in your application, start trying. As soon as you get to the island, start practicing with the actual materials. I can be minimally sympathetic to some one not knowing on Day 3, how to make fire (but, seriously? You should have been practicing at home. Along with learning shelter building and foraging skills). But how many times have we seen someone who, on Day 38 and having to make fire to get to the finale--and they have NO CLUE!?!

I disagree on Elizabeth's lying--I think it was smart. For one thing, Rob and Sandra asked her not to reveal their involvement (again, read this online). The producers want people to think the "idols" referenced are immunity idols, not real idols. Secondly, she had to work to keep a target off her back. The tribe knew something went down, if they have reason to think she obtained an immunity idol, she becomes a threat. Hopefully, she can convince the next person from her tribe to go there, to go along with her lie. I also thought her lie was plausible--it had elements of previous seasons of the show, so there's just enough there to tie into what the other players know..

One thing I'm liking about this season already is for one the contestants dying look like they stepped out of the pages of Maxim or GQ.

Hopefully, she can convince the next person from her tribe to go there, to go along with her lie. I also thought her lie was plausible--it had elements of previous seasons of the show, so there's just enough there to tie into what the other players know..
I haven't seen last night's episode yet, so I do not know how the next person explained the island to his tribe mates, but I am thinking it shouldn't be too bad that she lied. It kind of forces the next person from her tribe to go along with her story. If Rob and Sandra will ask each person to not disclose the fact that they are there, then each person will have to come back and tell some kind of story. A bold face lie or a lie by omission. If the next person goes, and comes back and says "Elizabeth LIED! There is no hammer and urns." What will they now say? They will have to make up there own story. Then, be found out by the next person.....see where I'm going?

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, so I do not know how the next person explained the island to his tribe mates, but I am thinking it shouldn't be too bad that she lied. It kind of forces the next person from her tribe to go along with her story. If Rob and Sandra will ask each person to not disclose the fact that they are there, then each person will have to come back and tell some kind of story. A bold face lie or a lie by omission. If the next person goes, and comes back and says "Elizabeth LIED! There is no hammer and urns." What will they now say? They will have to make up there own story. Then, be found out by the next person.....see where I'm going?

I noticed that last night, the returning person (from the other tribe) told the identical lie about the urns. Makes me think it was fed to her. But, it should be interesting when they do a tribe swap/merge, if all the "Idol Island" players are telling the same lie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter