• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survivor Gabon Fantasy League (Season Finale Tonight!)

OK, I've been trying to come up with Disney angle for our tribe names that keeps us well clear of anything like the "The Pretty Pink Princesses." So since Survivor is in Africa I'm thinking maybe a Lion King tie-in with names like:

Hula in Drag
Lovely Coconuts
Tastes Like Chicken
Cactus Butt
Squashed Banana

I don't know though. We do a Tarzan or Jungle Cruise tie-in instead. I like the Good vs. Evil angle but I'm not sure how to make it work. I'm looking for suggestions and I'm looking for them quick. We want to get these set up as quick as possible I think.

OK, if we go for three tribes this year, my vote is for:

Lovely Coconuts
Cactus Butts (so love this one, heh)
Squash Bananas (I think it's "squash," not "squashed?")

My picks are :

Charlie
Marcus
Randy
Corinne

I don't see any way to pick bonuses on the website so I'll just say (Tries to open coconut for all four of my players)

how about

"Bare Necessities" for a tribe name :)

although it's a good chance it might be used already.

Oh and do we have the code or number or whatever we need to join the private tribe?

how about

"Bare Necessities" for a tribe name :)

although it's a good chance it might be used already.

Oh and do we have the code or number or whatever we need to join the private tribe?

I like that, I forgot about the Jungle Book. As soon as we settle the tribe names I'll set them up. I set up a test account last night to see how it was working this year. When I clicked the link in the invite it sent me to the "register" page. So at that point I think it was still buggy.

Jedi, I really don't think there are going to be those bonus categories this season. CBS has changed the scoring significantly - See my updated Post #2.

In place of bonus category assignments, it looks like we'll be answering questions AFTER the episode to score points for our team. I feel like I'm back in school.... (now Pink... let's see what you've learned...)

ETA: Just went through and reviewed teh new scoring. What the heck? These people are Survivors out in remote Gabon and they are given WIRELESS DEVICES to use??? So not liking that one, CBS! :) (but yeah... Sprint is the sponsor... should have seen it coming...)

Here's an update on tribes:

I've created several tribes just to try and figure out how they are working this year. I'm hoping that it's just buggy but right now I have to use an old Gmail account to send the invites. The people I invite have to be in my address book on that gmail account. There's no way for me to make a password and just give it out like I could in previous seasons. There's no way for me to enter a list of addresses to send invites too. The links that come in the invites don't appear to be reusable. You actually have to become my "Friend" in CBS' user account system and that's a convoluted thing.

I'm trying to find a workaround still. I'm also clearing out some space in my PM box here on the DIS. If you want to send me your email address (the one you used to register on CBS.com) that might make things go faster if we are forced to use this weird "friend" system.

just bumping this thread above the other i closed ;)

Well, I have to say, out of Lion King, Jungle Book, and Tarzan, I like Lion King the best. It has the funniest and most memorable movie lines, I think. :goodvibes

A couple others I had that didn't make Pete's cut ;)

A Monkey's Uncle
Balls of Gas

Or...

Put a few "choice" DIS'ers :rolleyes1 on the same tribe, and it could be called...

Surrounded by Idiots

:dance3:

ETA: Pm'ed you my email address...

Cool! I was looking to see if there's a Survivor thread. I'd like to join if that's ok? I'll head over to CBS.com and choose my tribe. Will there be one or more DIS tribes, too?

Cool! I was looking to see if there's a Survivor thread. I'd like to join if that's ok? I'll head over to CBS.com and choose my tribe. Will there be one or more DIS tribes, too?

It's looking like there will be 3 DIS Tribes

I'm still working out my picks :rolleyes1 buuuuut...I had an idea for the names of the tribes. If we were trying to do the good vs. evil thing, we could go with a Mufasa vs. Scar type thing?

I think we're going with Cactus Butts and Lovely Coconuts. For the third tribe maybe "Surrounded by Idiots" or "Tastes Like Chicken." Feel free to throw out any other suggestions. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Also, please read the section in the first post about getting me your email so I can invite you to one of the private tribes!

oh oh oh i want to be on lovely coconuts @_@

eta: i didnt get an invite yet

Ok, I made my choices on the CBS website:

Crystal
Jacqui
Marcus
Danny ("GC")

No particular reason I picked them. Crystal is the athlete, so she'll either do really well because she's in shape, or the lack of proper food will wreck havoc on her body.

and the guy who's the Nintendo champ? What kind of shape is he in, sitting around playing video games all the time?:confused3

Check your email! Everyone who has given me an email address has been sent an invite to the "Lovely Coconuts" tribe. 6 people have joined so far. I need to you try the link and the PM me if you have any problems.

Even if you don't get a tribe before the show tonight, make sure you are registered and you get your picks in before the blackout! The blackout begins at 8pm eastern (when the broadcast starts on the east coast). I think they will score tonight's episode. I found this in the official rules:

4) Scoring Points: Registered players accrue points when Survivor cast members on a registrants' team are awarded points based on their actions, and outcome of events (e.g., winning immunity) during an episode. Survivor: Gabon episode #1 scheduled for broadcast on or about 9/25/08 will be the first episode used to accrue points to registered Survivor: Gabon Fantasy League registrants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter