Suspicious - Anyone else notice this?

cariann77

Mouseketeer
After we came back from our trip last month, I got an email directing me to rate and review my experiences on their site. I sat down and wrote about 6 reviews one day when I had some extra time. All were published except for the one negative review that I left. It didn't violate any of their guidelines and it wasn't a scathing review, but a negative one. It was for Hollywood & Vine. There are some negative reviews up there, but the good outweigh the bad. Looks like Disney is being selective over the reviews that they choose to share.

Disney does this a lot. If you look at comments left on Disney Parks blog articles a lot of the negative comments are left out for just positive ones.

I'm not so sure that they omit negative comments. Did you guys see the post on the Disney Parks Blog the other day about the new Frozen Attraction in the Norway Pavilion at Epcot? It's full of an absolute TON of negative comments and they're all right there for everyone to see.

I'm not so sure that they omit negative comments. Did you guys see the post on the Disney Parks Blog the other day about the new Frozen Attraction in the Norway Pavilion at Epcot? It's full of an absolute TON of negative comments and they're all right there for everyone to see.
Yes people were amazed that they left all of them in. I think that's because there really weren't any positive comments and it would've taken a lot of work to get rid of all of those negative ones. It's a lot less suspicious when you take away a few negative comments versus the entire page of comments because they were so negative.

I have left negative comments on the Disney Parks Blog that were respectful but at the same time state my dislike of an idea they have. They were omitted. I don't comment much on the blog but I have done it a few times. The positive ones stuck but the negative ones were deleted.

I agree that Disney is probably intentionally deleting certain negative reviews, a practice they no doubt follow to control their own resume as mentioned earlier. However, I would hope that Disney is not just ignoring them, but rather using the negative reviews internally to enhance the experience where short comings are identified. I know, I know, I'm way too optimistic...but hey, if we all believe, then dreams can come true, right?

Can you really expect a company to NOT filter out negative comments? It's a business..honest impressions are for review sites. If I were a CEO I wouldn't allow any negative pr on my websites either.

well a I figured the Disney blog was comments but when uphappy about what they did to the band Off Kilter(and other acts ) at EPCOT and replaced with an awful lumberjack show, figued I could comment on there ....as everyone posted here WRONG deleted and quickly... how are you to run a company if you only look for positive reviews? how do you improve? And for OP we went to Hollywood and Vine and it was the worst meal we ever had a Disney... Its a buffet figure you could find something to eat for 7 people Not we were in and out in record time. Oh and there were 3 teenage boys who usually will eat anything. We had gone to the Cape May Buffet earlier in the week and that was GREAT.

If your posting to that companies website expect it to be filtered. Its a know fact that companies will "edit" the posting to suit them. Many will just take down the negative posting some will edit. I also know some of the better companies will attempt to make contact to see how they can improve the experance the origanal poster had and encougage them to repost the outcome. But overall remember your on their property so to speak so if you put something out there they can and will do with it as they want.

Can you really expect a company to NOT filter out negative comments? It's a business..honest impressions are for review sites. If I were a CEO I wouldn't allow any negative pr on my websites either.

There's a right way and a wrong way to handle things like this. For instance, a "personal response" touch is one common way. Someone will post a negative review, and a representative for the company will respond to that publicly, apologizing, and thanking them for the feedback, offering some kind of discount or coupon for a future purchase/visit and assuring them that this wasn't the company's intention. Then, it's up to the company to try and make that right so it doesn't happen again. Disney is really bad at that second part, which may help to explain why they don't do the first part.

Reactions: atp
Lots of companies do this. It doesn't matter if its entertainment, retail, healthcare, automotive, or whatever, you want people to see the positive things. If you are in control of the website then you control what's on it. This means you eliminate the negative things so you have more sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter