• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suspicious - Anyone else notice this?

I disagree. The example a lot have been using is Hollywood and vine and how the food and service has just not been good. I've seen numerous people say this including the owners of the Dis on the disunplugged podcast. Disney can change those things relatively easy if they wanted to. Now something like maelstrom going away brought on a lot of negative feed back as well that's a bit different as Disney is putting 75 million into that it's hard to go back. One of disneys biggest reasons for watching these boards is for leaks on news that hasn't been announced yet. Disney doesn't like leaks.

I respectfully disagree with your disagreement. :) I've worked in the department that responds to complaints, and they do take them quite seriously. As I recall, the menu and offerings at Hollywood and Vine have changed several times over the past few years. I just ate there myself at Star Wars weekends, and found no issue with it. The service was great, and the food was standard Disney buffet fare.

My point is that, just because Disney chooses not to post negative reviews on their own site, doesn't mean they are not looking into each and every problem that is brought to their attention.

commentpolicy-png.106452

This is posted on the blog so it shouldn't be a surprise that they moderate comments...

SureAsLiz, you are absolutely right! Thanks for posting. The fact is, if your work was criticized, you wouldn't want to advertise that either. They have a right to filter comments, and we have a right to accept that or not go to Disney. Me, I can live with their policy for the sake of the character next to the above statement--as well as other beloved DIS characters. 2016...we're coming, Donald! LOL:donald:

AMAZON does this.... and that's why I won't review anything there

So what of yours got deleted?

Why wouldn't you help others with a purchase decision just because you feel that some reviews (of yours?) weren't published or were deleted?

I see TONS of totally inappropriate reviews on there so I'm not sure what you think was deleted?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/community-help/customer-reviews-guidelines

And I see tons of reviews that violate the part about off topic info (so sad when buyers think that posting a review about actual, bonafide, issues with their order or brand new item is the way to go...I always wonder if they thought to actually contact amazon, not just post it for other buyers, with their issues?) so it astonishes me that they delete anything LOL.

Not to mention..."We do not remove reviews because they are critical."

I respectfully disagree with your disagreement. :) I've worked in the department that responds to complaints, and they do take them quite seriously. As I recall, the menu and offerings at Hollywood and Vine have changed several times over the past few years. I just ate there myself at Star Wars weekends, and found no issue with it. The service was great, and the food was standard Disney buffet fare.

My point is that, just because Disney chooses not to post negative reviews on their own site, doesn't mean they are not looking into each and every problem that is brought to their attention.
As long as those negative reviews are actually being considered and acted upon (not just deleted for being negative) then I have no problem with Disney censoring what is on their site. If you have a legit complaint, then it will hopefully be dealt with in a timely fashion, better yet, why not contact a CSR directly at Disney to deal with your particular situation.
A more impartial site can post all review, both positive and negative, and people can search these to get a better overall picture of how a wide variety of people see a certain venue or attraction.
The Resume analogy is perfect, this is Disneys' own site/brand and deserves some discretion in what is posted. Someone having a bad day shouldn't bring down the other several million visitors expectations of the experience.
I know from day to day experiences in my life that if I go into an experience expecting a poor experience (due to something I have been told by a friend or review site), I am probably going to find fault with something.
Conversely if I enter into the experience with an open mind and a generally positive attitude, things generally go well (and have to go particularly bad before it would tarnish the experience for me)

I'm not so sure that they omit negative comments. Did you guys see the post on the Disney Parks Blog the other day about the new Frozen Attraction in the Norway Pavilion at Epcot? It's full of an absolute TON of negative comments and they're all right there for everyone to see.
I saw that post Jackie. Was glad that they actually left up a negative one. I think they realize that folks are getting frozen over dose at d23 during the parks presentation, when the dis exec mentioned frozen a room full of mega Disney fans, like all at once groaned (I was next to the kids they had posting on the Disney sites in real time and they laughed and said they would leave out the groan) but Disney is in too far to turn back now I guess

No website that posts customer reviews offers a truly objective picture. A proprietary site like Disney's will edit in order to present a positive image. Hopefully they consider negative reviews when making business decisions, but that doesn't mean they'll put them on display for the world to see.

On the other hand, third party sites like Tripadvisor and Yelp often attract reviewers with an axe to grind. People are more likely to speak up when they have a complaint as opposed to a compliment. That may be particularly true of Disney guests who tend to have high expectations and are likely to speak up when they're not met but not so much when they are.

Of course, some of them are just idiots - like the commenters who post one star reviews of a book on Amazon because the shipment was delayed. I often like to read what other people think before spending money on something but I always take it with a grain of salt.

I work for a company that has a feedback process similar to Amazon or eBay, where it's users rating each other after transactions. Daily, I get requests to edit, alter or remove someone's feedback because they got their feelings hurt by the other person's opinions. Also, feedback extortion is common. We all know the Magic of Disney hides a lot of dents in the armor, and the facts come out anyway. Walt himself has some pretty major flaws but his legacy drowns that out. A negative comment or review does a lot of superficial damage only when it's perceived to have power, so it's no wonder a company like Disney that depends on Magical Whatnots and Pixie Dust keeps the polish pot handy.

I have noticed this too! There are sites like Google, Yelp, TrustPiolet and GoGoBot that you can review and they are not ALOUD to take them off. Granted they can contest them but its a process and usually denied if you followed the rules..

My first reaction when people pass me in line is to get upset but I find it is best to just mind my own business. I truly don't know the circumstances and lets be honest - even if the person is butting the line it won't really have a big impact on my wait time. It is better to just chill and enjoy your day at the park.

Still I must admit when people plunk themselves down in the middle of a row at Mickey's Philharmagic and refuse to fill the empty seats to their right I make a point of stepping on their toes when I pass them. :)

Lots of companies delete negative reviews. I think it's worth leaving honest/negative comments if you feel like you need to, if for no other reason than it gives Disney feedback which might help them make improvements. I think if you're looking to get something out of it, be it a coupon or Internet fame, you're probably going to be DISappointed.

I agree that this isn't just a Disney thing. I took my daughters to a R5 concert in July, and Ticketmaster gave me a link for a review a couple of days later. The review I wrote was a mixed bag of good and bad, but it never got published. I think the biggest negative I put in there was that Ross Lynch's solo cover of "Let's Get It On" was in poor taste for a band whose core fan base is tweens.

The Disney Parks blog post that mentioned this being the last year for the Osborne Lights at the Studios had some where around 160 negtive comments last time I saw it

Don't most companies do this?

Of course. Company websites are marketing tools; they're not ever going to be sources of impartial, unbiased information. No different than an advertisement. I would't expect Disney to have negative reviews plastered all over a website they're paying for, any more than I would expect Ford to make an ad featuring a guy complaining about all the problems he's had with his Ford truck.

Plus they definitely delete negative comments from their social network sites.

I love Disney, and often post positive comments on their social media, but I have left them some negative ones and have personally had my negative comments removed... and then my negative comment about them removing comments was also, removed :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter