• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Suspicious - Anyone else notice this?

Disney is a marketing machine. I always notice on their commercials that there are really no other guests in the park (or very few) when a family is spotlighted. I saw a DVC commercial where the families walked up to and on any ride they wanted with no wait at all and Cinderella was waiting in ( the fenced off) grassy knoll in front of the Magic Kingdom with her arms outstretched and the DVC families ran up to her and got a hug. There was nobody else in sight. LOL. I also saw a commercial for Disney cruise Line and when they showed a family at one of the cabanas with the ship docked off in the distance, there were no other guests on the beach or in the water! I know it's marketing, but it's very deceptive advertising. Just sayin'. This is just one posters opinion and others may vary pirate:

Reactions: atp
Disney is a marketing machine. I always notice on their commercials that there are really no other guests in the park (or very few) when a family is spotlighted. I saw a DVC commercial where the families walked up to and on any ride they wanted with no wait at all and Cinderella was waiting in ( the fenced off) grassy knoll in front of the Magic Kingdom with her arms outstretched and the DVC families ran up to her and got a hug. There was nobody else in sight. LOL. I also saw a commercial for Disney cruise Line and when they showed a family at one of the cabanas with the ship docked off in the distance, there were no other guests on the beach or in the water! I know it's marketing, but it's very deceptive advertising. Just sayin'. This is just one posters opinion and others may vary pirate:

Of course they want their advertising like that! This has been the case since the beginning of time.

Ever see a McDonalds commercial? Ever eat a burger that looks like the ones they show in their ads at McDonalds?
Actually, the one they show is probably not even edible. Companies do all sorts of tricks to make their products look better on tv (like using white glue in cereal bowls instead of milk).

WDW commercials are meant to tug at those strings so that you crave visiting the parks. I think they are tops in creating that feeling.

Disney is notorious for this on social media. When they closed a lot of online games a couple of years ago, they got blasted on facebook. May people saw their comments deleted and/or blocked from the page.

I was given the chance to write reviews about a recent trip and had a bad one about Hoop De Do. It was never published however next thing I knew I received a $250 disney Gc in the mail with a letter of apology for the horrible expenience with our server

Yes but they don't really allow negative comments.

True! I was very factual with my report, was not printed by them - will not take my time to reply again - was not all negative, but did mention some things that made us unhappy campers. Also, everything I said could be fixed/prevented by Disney making people comply with 'their OWN rules'!!

Do you want them to show you sweating people waiting 90 minutes on line for a three minute ride. Or hundres of Families running to rides so there kids can get on. HAVE A MAGICALLY DAY

After we came back from our trip last month, I got an email directing me to rate and review my experiences on their site. I sat down and wrote about 6 reviews one day when I had some extra time. All were published except for the one negative review that I left. It didn't violate any of their guidelines and it wasn't a scathing review, but a negative one. It was for Hollywood & Vine. There are some negative reviews up there, but the good outweigh the bad. Looks like Disney is being selective over the reviews that they choose to share.

I'm curious. What was your review of H&V? I have reservations there.

Just because they delete negative comments doesn't mean they don't read and act on them. Hopefully they don't just ignore them. If you post about a rude server at a restaurant, that person might get a reprimand or even fired depending on their prior job performance. But if they leave the negative review up on their site, some people may avoid eating there because of it, even after the problem has been fixed. I'd probably do the same in their position. A lot of people don't pay much attention to dates when researching, so the bad review that convinces them to avoid something may be five years old.

LOL - of course they do. As they should. Again, the people who make decisions at Disney Parks answer to the executives at Disney. The sole purpose of the CEO of Disney is to maximize shareholder value. This is how things work LOL.

We got the same survey I believe. I chose the option of rating my experiences and leavign feedback but not having it published to their reviews page. I provided direct feedback to a manager at Fort Wilderness about our stay. I sent feedback to Disney Transportation regarding my experience.

I also wrote reviews on Allears.net and started a trip report on here. I may go on Trip Advisor and write reviews as well.

I'm curious. What was your review of H&V? I have reservations there.
We went to the Jedi Mickey dinner and it was just so sub par for what the cost was. We actually had a very friendly server although she was very slow, but I didn't mention anything negative about her in my review. The food was the worst we had on the trip. No one was working the meat carving or pasta station so, you had to stand there forever for someone to finally help you. The characters were very rushed and everyone is packed in there so tight that it's a little tough to get a decent picture. Jedi Mickey dinner was outrageously priced. We had to use 2 DDP credits for it and it was $57.99 if paying out of pocket. So, for the cost it was just a major disappointment.

We went to the Jedi Mickey dinner and it was just so sub par for what the cost was. We actually had a very friendly server although she was very slow, but I didn't mention anything negative about her in my review. The food was the worst we had on the trip. No one was working the meat carving or pasta station so, you had to stand there forever for someone to finally help you. The characters were very rushed and everyone is packed in there so tight that it's a little tough to get a decent picture. Jedi Mickey dinner was outrageously priced. We had to use 2 DDP credits for it and it was $57.99 if paying out of pocket. So, for the cost it was just a major disappointment.

I won't do table service at WDW any more, it's not worth the money or the trouble at all. I had several experiences just like this, but since I'm a local I just eat before I go in and snack or quick service before I leave. Quick service isn't even as good as it used to be, how many different ways can you eat hamburger?

I won't do table service at WDW any more, it's not worth the money or the trouble at all. I had several experiences just like this, but since I'm a local I just eat before I go in and snack or quick service before I leave. Quick service isn't even as good as it used to be, how many different ways can you eat hamburger?
I eat approximately 18 QS meals per trip (we go annually), and haven't gotten a hamburger in years, and I love burgers. Lol! There's tons of variety at QS restaurants.

I eat approximately 18 QS meals per trip (we go annually), and haven't gotten a hamburger in years, and I love burgers. Lol! There's tons of variety at QS restaurants.

I said hamburger, not specifically hamburgers. The menus have changed recently, there is other stuff but it seems much less edible. I wouldn't order a lobster roll sandwich thingy when it's 100 degrees out. :jester:

I often will post reviews on Yelp. Vendors are allowed to respond to reviews, but not to modify them. I have seen Disney restaurant and property reviews there. Positive, moderate, and negative.

After we came back from our trip last month, I got an email directing me to rate and review my experiences on their site. I sat down and wrote about 6 reviews one day when I had some extra time. All were published except for the one negative review that I left. It didn't violate any of their guidelines and it wasn't a scathing review, but a negative one. It was for Hollywood & Vine. There are some negative reviews up there, but the good outweigh the bad. Looks like Disney is being selective over the reviews that they choose to share.

I never review a company service or product on their own site. they all cheat. Costco, HD, Dis.... all of them. They delete reviews they don't like.

This is just good business. Why would you put a bad review on your own website. People can find plenty of bad reviews online if thats what they want to read. Online reviews are always skewed by the site they're posted on.

This is just good business. Why would you put a bad review on your own website. People can find plenty of bad reviews online if thats what they want to read. Online reviews are always skewed by the site they're posted on.
Well good businesses would also look at those complaints if they are getting a good Amount of them and fix the issue. Disney doesn't do that.

Well good businesses would also look at those complaints if they are getting a good Amount of them and fix the issue. Disney doesn't do that.

Sure they do. :) They also pay close attention to things like this board. You just have to keep in mind, what might be a big issue for one family on their vacation, might not be a major issue for Disney that results in policy change.

Sure they do. :) They also pay close attention to things like this board. You just have to keep in mind, what might be a big issue for one family on their vacation, might not be a major issue for Disney that results in policy change.
I disagree. The example a lot have been using is Hollywood and vine and how the food and service has just not been good. I've seen numerous people say this including the owners of the Dis on the disunplugged podcast. Disney can change those things relatively easy if they wanted to. Now something like maelstrom going away brought on a lot of negative feed back as well that's a bit different as Disney is putting 75 million into that it's hard to go back. One of disneys biggest reasons for watching these boards is for leaks on news that hasn't been announced yet. Disney doesn't like leaks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter