T-Rex success with Landry's card?

evilqueenmindy

DIS Veteran
I've been unable to book T-Rex for a trip coming up in a couple weeks, so I booked Rainforest Cafe (neither is really my first choice for dinner, but it's one of my nephew's few requests). This week, I got a Landry's Select card because it makes sense to have for as often as we eat at Yak & Yeti and such (and having a welcome $25 for one reservation and a birthday $25 for another was a good incentive)

Anyway, has anyone had success using their Landry's card to get seated at T-rex? Does it typically take a long time? It's a Thursday night at the end of January, so Im not expecting massive crowds.

We use ours all the time at T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe. Never had an issue getting seated within 5 or 10 minutes of arriving, usually quicker. Go to the indoor stand and show your card and they will put you in the line inside which are the people they have already called to be seated.

Adding that a manager usually comes to visit you when you are redeeming one of your awards, at least in my experience. My friend was so impressed with that that she signed up for a card while we were there!

They only give Disney a small percentage of their reservation times. If you want one, call the restaurant direct, never had trouble getting exactly what I wanted.

We've used the Landry's card to get seated at T-Rex, both Rainforest Cafe locations (DS and AK) and Yak & Yeti. Like other's have said: Walk up, flash the card and within 5-10 minutes you're seated. We've always had the manager or an assistant manager stop by to check on us.

Is this a credit card? Or loyalty card?
Thanks ;)

It's a loyalty card. Costs $25, which you receive as a credit the first time you use it. Also you get a $25 credit during your birthday month, which you can specify as any month you want because they don't check, so if you generally go to WDW the same month each year, set that as your birthday. There are other benefits too - we've had one for several years and love it. https://www.landrysselect.com/

When I lived in Texas, I loved my card. We used it all the time, the manager at our local restaurant knew us, we felt very well treated and special. I spent tons of money so we earned probably over a hundred dollars in rewards a year (possibly more). I don’t use it much now, but no regrets on that purchase.

Last edited:
So it costs $25 to join but I get that back on my first visit and may get special treatment? Is there a down side?

So it costs $25 to join but I get that back on my first visit and may get special treatment? Is there a down side?

We’ve had ours for years and can’t think of any downside!

Not only do you get that $25 back on your first visit, for every $250 you spend at any of the many Landry’s restaurants (T-Rex, Rainforest and Yak & Yeti are only 3 of them) you get another $25 credit. And $25 for your birthday too!

We’ve had ours for years and can’t think of any downside!

Not only do you get that $25 back on your first visit, for every $250 you spend at any of the many Landry’s restaurants (T-Rex, Rainforest and Yak & Yeti are only 3 of them) you get another $25 credit. And $25 for your birthday too!
for us downside is our party is too big for the card don't remember the number but our large party is too big

Have had ours for years also. Love skipping the lines. Live by Mall of American and use it there for Rainforest and Bubba Gump a lot - those lines are usually a 2 hour wait.

We use ours all the time at T-Rex and Rainforest Cafe. Never had an issue getting seated within 5 or 10 minutes of arriving, usually quicker. Go to the indoor stand and show your card and they will put you in the line inside which are the people they have already called to be seated.

FWIW this wasn't our experience. It was a very very busy night, and the line inside of people they've already called was at least 30 minutes long. I don't know what was going on, but it wasn't pretty.

You can make reservations easy by calling the restaurant directly rather than booking through Disney. We have never had luck booking ADR through Disney.

YES.

Only if the Rainforest that was in your area closes down so Disney is the only place you have to use it. And since you almost never go at your birthday time, you never get to use the bday rewards. OK maybe that's pretty specific to me. ;)

for us downside is our party is too big for the card don't remember the number but our large party is too big

Landrys select club site says 6 people or fewer.

I would probably just split my party. Or still get one, call to get a reservation, and still use the card for the rewards for 6 people at the table.

Only if the Rainforest that was in your area closes down so Disney is the only place you have to use it. And since you almost never go at your birthday time, you never get to use the bday rewards. OK maybe that's pretty specific to me. ;)
But it can still be used at any other participating Landry's restaurant, including Claim Jumper, Bubba Gump, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter