T-Rex success with Landry's card?

I don't make reservations for T-Rex or Rainforest. Never waited more than 10 minutes for a table. Great card to have.

It's great.
Have had it for years.....just used my birthday reward yesterday.
Manager always comes by, using reward or not, just with using the card. We've enjoyed it a lot.

It's a loyalty card. Costs $25, which you receive as a credit the first time you use it. Also you get a $25 credit during your birthday month, which you can specify as any month you want because they don't check, so if you generally go to WDW the same month each year, set that as your birthday. There are other benefits too - we've had one for several years and love it. https://www.landrysselect.com/
Not to criticize you, but does anyone feel that this is wrong? I'm getting ready to sign my DH up for a card. I already have one. My birthday is in June, and we have decided to never go to Disney during the summer again. We have no Landry's restaurants close to our home. So my birthday rewards will go to waste ever year. My DH's birthday is in December, but it would be better to have the rewards from November 1-December 15. I just feel funny doing that.

Not to criticize you, but does anyone feel that this is wrong? I'm getting ready to sign my DH up for a card. I already have one. My birthday is in June, and we have decided to never go to Disney during the summer again. We have no Landry's restaurants close to our home. So my birthday rewards will go to waste ever year. My DH's birthday is in December, but it would be better to have the rewards from November 1-December 15. I just feel funny doing that.

I don’t see it as being wrong. You’re not going to claim more than one a year, which is what they’re offering you. They could just as easily have given their members an extra $25 on the anniversary date of joining. I think it’s a way of saying Thank You for being a member of their loyalty club. And especially if there are no Landry’s near your home - it will take forever to spend $250 there and get another $25 off.

That's the exact thing, with the exact same months, only spouses reversed, that my wife and I did. We had a trip planned for early January, and her birthday is in early December, mine in June. I handle the card, it goes to my email, but every time the manager comes out he asks for her, because we signed it up in her name to get the rewards.

The loyalty part works to their advantage. We usually make use of the $25 credit just to take the kids to the Rainforest Cafe at our nearby mall every year, and probably wouldn't normally if it wasn't for the discount.

It's well worth having the Landry's card. We've been using it for years at T-Rex and Yak & Yeti. We bypass everyone. This past April we had a five minute wait during Spring Break with no ADR at AK's Yak & Yeti. There was a 90 minute walk-in wait and we got in in five minutes. It's worked out very well with T-rex many times. The rewards and points are an extra bonus. The manager always comes over. We never do a dining plan because we split stay with a Disney Property and our Marriott timeshare. I do my own dining plan ;) gift cards.. I purchase Landry gift cards ahead of our trip and earn rewards points.

I don’t see it as being wrong. You’re not going to claim more than one a year, which is what they’re offering you. They could just as easily have given their members an extra $25 on the anniversary date of joining. I think it’s a way of saying Thank You for being a member of their loyalty club. And especially if there are no Landry’s near your home - it will take forever to spend $250 there and get another $25 off.
Yes, we never get the extra $25 for spending $250 and probably never will. If we don't have the $25 BD reward, we use our 10% DVC discount (and with that we don't get to earn points). We are planning on extended WDW trips as soon as I retire next year, more than likely in December one year and November the next to get better use of an AP. That's why the November 1-December 15 dates are better than December 1-January 15. I really didn't think things through when I signed up for mine because like I said we don't go in the summer. Plus sometimes we like to go to Morton's for our anniversary which is 1-1/2 hours away. Our anniversary is just a few days after my BD reward expires. :( Wish they would let you change your BD on their website! :tongue:

But it can still be used at any other participating Landry's restaurant, including Claim Jumper, Bubba Gump, etc.

Yeah, don't have any of those near us, either. I looked on the Landry's site, and the closest restaurant is one of the steakhouses, and it's over 50 miles away and in another state. I may get a card just to have it for the next trip, but it will really be a Disney-trip-only benefit.

Well I used my Landry's card at both T-Rex (without a reservation) and Yak & Yeti (with an ADR I had made prior to getting the card) I was nervous at T-Rex when they handed me a receipt paper and told me to wait in the line of people ready to be seated (which was long) but in less than 3 minutes they called us to get our table.
Yak & Yeti was also pretty fast, I've had to wait awhile after my ADR time in the past, but this time we were seated almost right away. At both restaurants the manager stopped by to check on us. I'm pretty pleased with the card, and will be using it a lot in the future.

I’m thinking about getting a card for our upcoming trip. Is it possible to use the buy in $25 and the birthday $25 at the same meal? And if not, is there a minimum amount you need to spend? Just wondering if we would be able to grab some apps at Disney springs instead of a whole meal.

I’m thinking about getting a card for our upcoming trip. Is it possible to use the buy in $25 and the birthday $25 at the same meal? And if not, is there a minimum amount you need to spend? Just wondering if we would be able to grab some apps at Disney springs instead of a whole meal.

You cannot use the welcome reward and the birthday reward together. Also, rewards must be used in the order they are earned. So if you are going in your birthday month, you will still need to use the welcome $25 first. I will be heading down in June and again in September. Since my birthday is in June, I was hoping to use my birthday reward on the first trip and save the first bonus for the later trip, but according to the website, I can't do that. I don't see any mention of a minimum spend, but a few apps will probably get you past the $25 pretty easily.

As @ClapYourHands stated, you can't use them together on one check. However, you can use them to buy food in the restaurant, and merchandise in the store, or at two different Landry's restaurants, or the same restaurant at different times.

You need to spend the whole $25 sign up or $25 birthday bonus on one check. It shouldn't be hard to spend $25 on appetizers and a drink or two.

With limited capacity are restaurants such as Yak & Yeti and T-Rex still allowing walk up seating with a Landry's card?

I've used my Landry's card at T-Rex, Yak & Yeti, and Rainforest Cafe. I've never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes for a table.

Bumping this thread again for more current updates. Has anyone recently been successful using the Landry's card for walk up dining? Asking particularly for T-Rex... I was unable to get a reservation at 6am on our ADR day and when I called, they said they were not doing reservations for Landry's card members any more - everything has to go through the ADR/Disney process. I'll keep stalking it but would love to know if walk up is a good back up option during summer 2021...

Bumping this thread again for more current updates. Has anyone recently been successful using the Landry's card for walk up dining? Asking particularly for T-Rex... I was unable to get a reservation at 6am on our ADR day and when I called, they said they were not doing reservations for Landry's card members any more - everything has to go through the ADR/Disney process. I'll keep stalking it but would love to know if walk up is a good back up option during summer 2021...

I most recently used my card at Rainforest in DS on 4/24/21. Haven't tried since then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter