Take the train?

It is also done by people who hate/fear flying - count me in.

I am a little more brave now and have not taken Amtrak or the Autotrain in years. It is definitely not to save money. The further out you book and if you have AAA, you do get a small discount (sometimes for students/maybe senior discount too?).

We have two roomettes - did not have the toilet in there and prefer it that way. You do share the toilet with the people in your car which is not many (it can be okay). Now coach is a whole different story. After my first experience, I did write a letter to Amtrak. They are cleaned at the end (or the beginning). Think 30 people (or whatever the number the car in coach holds) using the restroom for 24 hours. I found they a bit disgusting. I don't understand why they can't be cleaned somewhere in the middle. Oh well......

Yes, I agree, if there are no accidents, delays due to weather or whatever, it is an experience. I enjoyed the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter