Taking a 2 yr. old??

momx2

DIS Veteran
My family, me, DH, DD (4) and DD (12mons.) are considering taking a 7 day cruise next april. DD will be 2 then. I know she can only go to the nursery and not the kids clubs. Would this concern anyone? Should I wait until she is 3 to get more out of it, her and us? Just wondering if anyone else has taken a 2 yr. old and their experience. Thanks!

We took our 23 month old on the 4 day in February and we ahd a great time! We used the nursery some. She loved the characters and exploring the ships as well as swimming and the shows. I would definetly recommend going.

We went in January with dd(10) and ds(2). It was fabulous! I was pleasantly surprised that ds wasn't afraid of the characters. Especially loved Pluto! It was a wonder, because just 1 month earlier, he wanted nothing to do with Santa. On each of the days we were in port, he slept in a chair on the beach after playing in the water. We did the nursery 3 evenings, so we could see the show without him, but took him to see Disney Dreams, which he loved....so many characters. Also took him to see Island Magic in the afternoon, which is a show geared to the young ones....he enjoyed that too.

As far as the nursery is concerned, he enjoyed it the first 2 nights, and really didn't want to be there the third. We also put him in on the last night of the cruise so I could pack. He's extremely active, and I know he would have unpacked everything before I could get the suitcases zipped.

Just a word of warning.....we loved the cruise so much, we can't wait until we can go without him so we can pamper ourselves with the adult areas and late shows. Harsh? nah! You will love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter