Takumi-Tei watch thread!

I think they meant Orlando summer, which I think technically rolls around in November or December. What they are experiencing now I believe is more akin to satan's lair.
Lol! You’ve never been to the Philippines where it’s like that all year round :rotfl2:

Per a post on the news thread, it opens this Friday, July 5th. As suspected, it is dinner only (opens at 4pm). Initially for a "soft open" period, will have to reserve with the Japan pavilion directly - reservations won't initially be available online or via WDW-DINE. The menu hasn't been posted yet. I am local-ish and may give it a try this weekend!

nice, keep us posted, and if you get in and can snag a shot of the menu that'd be awesome (dont get in trouble though hahah). We have a trip in august and would possibly switch our date night from shula's to this.

Last edited:
Per a post on the news thread, it opens this Friday, July 5th. As suspected, it is dinner only (opens at 4pm). Initially for a "soft open" period, will have to reserve with the Japan pavilion directly - reservations won't initially be available online or via WDW-DINE. The menu hasn't been posted yet. I am local-ish and may give it a try this weekend!
nice, keep us posted, and if you get in and can snag a shot of the menu that's be awesome (dont get in trouble though hahah). We have a trip in august and would possibly switch our date night from shula's to this.

Yes! Would love to know what is on the menu, thinking of cancelling my California Grill ADR's and go here instead on our arrival day.

I’m going to cancel MP for this!! So excited! I was giving up hope it would open before we go next Saturday

Well, this is incredibly disappointing. According to what I just read on a site that it seems I am not allowed to mention without it being scrambled on here(or link to the article here, either it's not allowed or I am doing it wrong), it is official that the dining plan will not be accepted here for the foreseeable future. So much for me going then.

Anyway, I found out this information by doing a Google News search on Epcot and it was the 5th article linked down.
I really hope that's wrong! We have this planned as our first day dinner and we have free dining ☹☹☹☹☹☹

I really hope that's wrong! We have this planned as our first day dinner and we have free dining ☹☹☹☹☹☹

Pretty much all the Epcot restaurants that aren't owned by Disney are not on the dining plan. Looking at this year's list there's only 6 restaurants total (not counting QS) at Epcot that take the dining plan. So I wouldn't count on this one being part of it. Sorry.

Pretty much all the Epcot restaurants that aren't owned by Disney are not on the dining plan. Looking at this year's list there's only 6 restaurants total (not counting QS) at Epcot that take the dining plan. So I wouldn't count on this one being part of it. Sorry.
Ah well, at least there are other good places. Shame though!

I am not aware of any Epcot restaurants that are not on the dining plan? Or when you say "Epcot" are you like referring to the"Epcot" hotels like The Swan and the Dolphin, which Disney doesn't own (and I tend to not count as Disney anyway since they don't even have Magical Express)? Because every Epcot Future World and World Showcase restaurant is on the dining plan as well as the ones at the Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht Club. Basically, every restaurant in all the theme parks is on the Dining Plan. And the only Disney resort that isn't is Victoria and Albert's.

I am not aware of any Epcot restaurants that are not on the dining plan? Or when you say "Epcot" are you like referring to the"Epcot" hotels like The Swan and the Dolphin, which Disney doesn't own (and I tend to not count as Disney anyway since they don't even have Magical Express)? Because every Epcot Future World and World Showcase restaurant is on the dining plan as well as the ones at the Boardwalk, Beach and Yacht Club. Basically, every restaurant in all the theme parks is on the Dining Plan. And the only Disney resort that isn't is Victoria and Albert's.

Here is the official list of the participating restaurants. Not counting QS, the only Epcot restaurants on the list are Le Cellier, Akershus, Biergarten, Coral Reef, Rose and Crown, and Garden Grill. So that leaves basically most of the restaurants in the WS that aren't on the official list, which are also mostly restaurants that are not operated by Disney.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...sney-dining-plans-participating-locations.pdf

Here is the official list of the participating restaurants. Not counting QS, the only Epcot restaurants on the list are Le Cellier, Akershus, Biergarten, Coral Reef, Rose and Crown, and Garden Grill. So that leaves basically most of the restaurants in the WS that aren't on the official list, which are also mostly restaurants that are not operated by Disney.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/m...sney-dining-plans-participating-locations.pdf

Disney releases a list like that in the year before the dining packages start. If you take a look at the bottom of that document it says 618. This is because, I assume, some of the restaurants could decide not to participate in the plan in the following year. But, the vast majority do end up participating in the plans. If you go to the main Disney restaurant reservation page, and a select 2019 dining plans in Epcot, you’ll find that every table service restaurant does participate for 2019. Could that change for 2020? Perhaps, but for this year they all participate. Now whether Takumi-Tei decides to participate, we will have to wait-and-see.

Um, I'm not quite sure why but that pdf is not an accurate list. I have been going to Disney nearly every year over the last 10+ years and have eaten in just about every single restaurant in the World Showcase as recently as last December, and they are all on the dining plan. If you go to the Disney World website and type in any of the Epcot or any of their themepark restaurants and look at them individually, you will see they all accept the dining plan.

So, if this new restaurant in Japan, as has been reported, doesn't go on the dining plan, it would actually be the first theme-park eatery to not be...maybe ever? As I said, aside from Victoria and Albert's, every Disney resort eatery is as well. So, it would be very surprising and disappointing and not at all part of the norm.

We are excited to try this out and will maybe cancel our CG ADR for it.....but does anyone know how in the world we are supposed to get the ADR? On a different thread referenced above it was mentioned that we were to call the Japanese Pavilion to get the reservation. Has anyone received any further information?

We are excited to try this out and will maybe cancel our CG ADR for it.....but does anyone know how in the world we are supposed to get the ADR? On a different thread referenced above it was mentioned that we were to call the Japanese Pavilion to get the reservation. Has anyone received any further information?

I'm hoping there will be some bloggers there today that can get some info and perhaps pictures of the menu. I'm thinking about trying for a walk-up tomorrow but it will likely depend on the weather - current forecast is 65% chance of strong pm thunderstorms and I don't really want to be driving or walking through the park in the middle of one. Will see... am very anxious to give it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter