Takumi-Tei watch thread!

Hm. When I try calling a number that was supposedly the Japan Pavilion, it is actually Disney Dining. A supervisor actually tried to find this and said it isn't released yet, only that it is supposed to open summer 2019. :mic: Isn't the restaurant itself supposed to be OPEN today? No one sent the memo to Disney Dining! If anyone finds a number with which we can book, please post it! Or message me.....

Hm. When I try calling a number that was supposedly the Japan Pavilion, it is actually Disney Dining. A supervisor actually tried to find this and said it isn't released yet, only that it is supposed to open summer 2019. :mic: Isn't the restaurant itself supposed to be OPEN today? No one sent the memo to Disney Dining! If anyone finds a number with which we can book, please post it! Or message me.....

I'm not positive but think Jaleo in Disney Springs was handled similarly for its "soft open." The Disney dining site still read "opening soon" and didn't have a menu posted but they were taking walk-ups periodically. Of course the challenge in taking walk-ups only here is that they have a dress code and it's unlikely that someone just walking by in Epcot is going to be dressed accordingly (especially with a feels-like temp of 110!) to be able to take advantage of it. A lot of restaurants do "friends and family" the first few nights so maybe that's what they're doing here? I don't know but sure am anxious for more info!!

I'm not positive but think Jaleo in Disney Springs was handled similarly for its "soft open." The Disney dining site still read "opening soon" and didn't have a menu posted but they were taking walk-ups periodically. Of course the challenge in taking walk-ups only here is that they have a dress code and it's unlikely that someone just walking by in Epcot is going to be dressed accordingly (especially with a feels-like temp of 110!) to be able to take advantage of it. A lot of restaurants do "friends and family" the first few nights so maybe that's what they're doing here? I don't know but sure am anxious for more info!!
If you end up going today and think of it, can you ask how someone not there today can book for a future date? :)

Here is the official list of the participating restaurants. Not counting QS, the only Epcot restaurants on the list are Le Cellier, Akershus, Biergarten, Coral Reef, Rose and Crown, and Garden Grill

Pretty sure Teppan Edo has always been on dining plan. While we've never been on the plan, we have always been asked in prior years when we've gone if we were on the plan. I think as PP indicated, they and others make the decision every year and may not yet have made that decision so that list will be expanded over time.

That's fine we planned on using 2 as we have free dining and don't want a sit down every day. We wont be paying OOP though...

However, the dining site specifically indicates no dining plan as someone else posted. That they specifically state this makes me think that this is how it will be and isn't simply a temporary thing while they decide like other restaurants do every year. My understanding (which could be wrong) is that it's going to be - or be like - kaiseki which is a multi-course, artistic tasting menu with fresh seasonal ingredients, similar to V&A. If so, I would expect it to be relatively expensive and therefore never likely to be on a dining plan even with two credits.

I wish they would hurry up and post the menu and start allowing bookings. I'm dying to try it and hope that they can substitute seafood dishes with something else (seafood allergy). We love V&A and go frequently but I'd love to try something similar with Japanese cuisine. And hopefully there will be a wine/sake pairing to go with it.

I wish they would hurry up and post the menu and start allowing bookings. I'm dying to try it and hope that they can substitute seafood dishes with something else (seafood allergy). We love V&A and go frequently but I'd love to try something similar with Japanese cuisine. And hopefully there will be a wine/sake pairing to go with it.
I have a shellfish allergy as well......but I'm still looking forward to this! Last time we ate at our local hibachi grill they cooked my food back in the kitchen soas not to have any cross-contamination. Sort of took the fun out of it but having to use my EpiPen would have too.

Hi everyone...I am the person that posted the information about this restaurant on the News Thread. I got the information from asking a CM literally standing outside the restaurant that they are “planning” on opening today. I am planning on going by later today to check to see if they have opened, and I will report back here for all of you.

Hi everyone...I am the person that posted the information about this restaurant on the News Thread. I got the information from asking a CM literally standing outside the restaurant that they are “planning” on opening today. I am planning on going by later today to check to see if they have opened, and I will report back here for all of you.
Yay!! Thanks so much!! I think I can say we all would really appreciate that! :)

I think you should have said you were 'planning' on going by later... keep the mystery 😂

Yep. The restaurant is in a soft open phase and can be walked up starting today. Reservations can be made on the 16th. Info in the DPB article on how to make a reservation. This menu is NOT cheap!

Looking forward to this! Looks great!! I’m already at Disney when they start reservations though, wish they started earlier, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter