Talk Me Out of Boardwalk

I'm not going to talk you out of it, we bought a small contract there about 7 years ago and I only wish instead of 75points I bought 100 because they shifted the points per night in the fall so we can't stay as many nights as we had planned.

What you have to be is OK with what you are spending. If you pay $115 for an 18 year contract, that's about $6.38 / point, plus dues at $8.67 per point is $15.85 / point, with that number going up annually. (This is assuming resale.)

Let's say you buy Riviera direct instead at $210 a point with 46 years left, plus $8.85 dues you are looking at $4.56+$8.85 = $13.41 / point, about $2.44 / point less. Now the problem there is that you will likely need more points per night at Riviera than at Boardwalk, so Boardwalk may actually be cheaper because you don't need as many points!

This of course doesn't factor in you "selling" the contract. In 18 years the BWV contract will be worth ZERO. In 18 years the Riviera contract will still be worth SOMETHING. Hard to predict what but perhaps $150-200 a point? If you don't care about getting that money back or your kids getting that money back then what's the difference. By the BWV contract that makes you happy.

For the new VGF resort studios in BPK, most are connecting rooms. For each floor it’s only a few end units that don’t have a partner. From Touring Plans-
IMG_0679.jpeg
I went through a bunch of rooms, looks like just the odd room here and there on the end didn’t have connecting door.

For the new VGF resort studios in BPK, most are connecting rooms. For each floor it’s only a few end units that don’t have a partner. From Touring Plans-
View attachment 835512
I went through a bunch of rooms, looks like just the odd room here and there on the end didn’t have connecting door.
I wouldn't expect there to be any but since BPK was previously for cash stays when they did the expansion there was no additional 1/2 BRs or anything like that built correct?

I wouldn't expect there to be any but since BPK was previously for cash stays when they did the expansion there was no additional 1/2 BRs or anything like that built correct?
Right, there’s only studios in that building.

We have 2 of these resort studios booked for Nov. It’s going to be 3 or 4 adults and we didn’t mind not being nearby. But now if what TouringPlans shows is true (likely), think we’ll request since it looks a decent chance.

I will not try to talk you out of it, but I can only speak to my own experience. For my wife and I, we are going to be in our 50s and 60s (early) in 18 years. We are not nearly ready to be done in that time. On the other hand, I don’t feel the need to own a resort until my mid-90s either. Somewhere in between is the sweet spot for our liking.

Another consideration is your DVC situation, and that’s different from person to person. We have 550 points at other resorts, so if a screaming deal became available at a 2042 resort, I may consider it spending on the price. But it’d have to be SUPER low for us to be interested. Would this be your only contract? How much would you miss it after 18 years? Could you see yourself adding in elsewhere? Things to think about.

Finally, we gain a tremendous amount of joy from being DVC owners and having resort pride. I get all the dollar and cent analysis, and I do them myself. However, it’s hard to put a price on the joy of ownership and that happy feeling in your mind knowing you are going to a place you love.

Good luck!

Why BWV over BCV?
I love Beach Club. Overall BW won though. When we bought prices were neck in neck. We like the central location between EP/HS more. BC pool is hard to beat but our low avg of pool days/trip make that matter less. I like the room options and locations better at BW, and the resort flow too. I feel more in the action, where BC’s DVC wing feels kind of tucked away. BC wins on aesthetic though we love them both, right up our alley. BW feels more convenient to everything the Crescent Lake area offers. Both have great point charts! BC is somewhat easier to book with one view, while BW has the lower standard view cost.

I will say… Beach Club out of Int’l Gateway is the bomb! One night walking back to our room the Skyliner line went down passed the DVC path for BCV. Our bed was a shorter distance than getting on the skyliner 😁

I honestly wish I owned at the Boardwalk. It's hard to beat their combination of nice location with an appealing point chart.

I think in hindsight, even with the shorter contract, it might have made sense for me.

I was so tempted recently when a 250pt BWV was asking $104. Shoot. If only I needed more points!

Because if you don't care about the pool BWV is the superior resort. (Sorry BCV fans.)
Is it fair to say that might not apply to people who want 2BDs because of the BWV studio availability issues mentioned above?

It seems trying to get a 2Bd at BWV may be a crap shoot even at 11m during Spring Break.

I was so tempted recently when a 250pt BWV was asking $104. Shoot. If only I needed more points!
That's why we chose BWV as part of our initial buy in package a few months ago. Found a 200pt contract with the use year we wanted for $99/pt. We love the area and being able to walk to parks and it was 30-40 dollars per point cheaper than any of the BCV contracts we saw

After reading 4 pages, I forget the original question, but I'm glad this thread exists, I keep making offers on 25-40 points, but I'm trying to talk myself into more than 30-40 points. lol

After reading 4 pages, I forget the original question, but I'm glad this thread exists, I keep making offers on 25-40 points, but I'm trying to talk myself into more than 30-40 points. lol
It’s hard to find those smaller contracts. I saw one 25pts in my Sept UY for $140 today and boom, it was already ‘sale pending’. Goodluck! A great thing about BW is the ability to stretch points. We stayed Sun-Fri on 45 points :sunny:

We recently stayed at Boardwalk and absolutely loved it. We had a refurbished room with a boardwalk view and as the Epcot fireworks went off with a dazzling display, I decided in that moment that we needed to buy there. In order for our snowbird dreams to come true, we need 240 more points to allow us to stay eight weeks on WDW property. My heart says Boardwalk is the answer and my brain screams there's only 18 years left on the contract. My husband is 65 and I'm 54. We already have 590 points to leave to our kiddos. VGF, AKL and AUL are what we already own, so our kids have plenty of years to enjoy our contracts. I'm still torn if we should buy where we love with only 18 years left or buy where there are more years to utilize. What say you? And how much would you offer per point for Boardwalk with only 18 years left?

I'm 52, almost 53, and would not buy BWV right now. You have points- and you can get the pool/garden view most times on the 7 mo mark. I just don't see the value right now in buying a BWV 2042 contract. Especially if you can "rent" points right now for btwn $17-20pp (as per the rental board). However, it is your money....

That's why we chose BWV as part of our initial buy in package a few months ago. Found a 200pt contract with the use year we wanted for $99/pt. We love the area and being able to walk to parks and it was 30-40 dollars per point cheaper than any of the BCV contracts we saw
woah that is an incredible deal. I'm impressed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter