Target Circle Offer- 20% off code tripadvisor things to do. Looks like it's applying to WDW tickets? STACK ME WITH CB SITE AND PP % Chase

I only have DVC AP renewals to do. Does anyone know if you can use a ticket in this way to renew an AP?
I believe you can, but you have to call ticketing. Used to be you had to do it in person at Guest Services, but they can do it via phone now.

I believe you can, but you have to call ticketing. Used to be you had to do it in person at Guest Services, but they can do it via phone now.
Thanks! You have to call in anyway to renew the DVC pass. If I recall correctly from last year, you have to call DVC first, who verifies you are eligible and then transfers you to ticketing.

First of all, thanks to all of you for alerting me to this deal. It would have been absolutely perfect for DL tickets for half marathon weekend there if you could add Genie+, but unless I am missing something you can only do the park hoppers with no add-ons. I reaaaaaaallllly want to add Genie+ up front since I'm sure it's going to go up soon.
I had the same concern as I'd rather have a ticket with Genie+ included, especially to protect against G+ price changes.

I called today to see if it can be added on now and you cannot. Once a ticket is purchased without it, you have to wait to add it when you scan in the park daily.

But I figured saving $84 on a 3-day hopper for the Disneyland Half is hopefully a bigger savings than a possible increase for Genie+. Genie+ would have to go up $28 more dollars per day for my savings to be completely canceled out.

Thanks! You have to call in anyway to renew the DVC pass. If I recall correctly from last year, you have to call DVC first, who verifies you are eligible and then transfers you to ticketing.
That sounds about right, though nowadays your DVC membership is linked to your MDE, so maybe you don't have to call DVC first?

I had the same concern as I'd rather have a ticket with Genie+ included, especially to protect against G+ price changes.

I called today to see if it can be added on now and you cannot. Once a ticket is purchased without it, you have to wait to add it when you scan in the park daily.

But I figured saving $84 on a 3-day hopper for the Disneyland Half is hopefully a bigger savings than a possible increase for Genie+. Genie+ would have to go up $28 more dollars per day for my savings to be completely canceled out.
Thanks for the info. Guess the answer in this case to "will you take more money" is, "Yes, but later, when it might cost more!" :laughing:

Okay we were going to buy Annual passes for our kids for our upcoming trip in January. Do you guys think the best think to do is buy Park hopper tickets through Tripadvisor and then call to have the tickets upgraded to an Annual Pass? Will they take the full amount those tickets would have been or the discounted price we got?

That sounds about right, though nowadays your DVC membership is linked to your MDE, so maybe you don't have to call DVC first?
I just logged in to see if I can do it online, and it says you have to call 407-566-3800 to renew DVC passes. I guess they are only sorta linked in MDE!

Okay we were going to buy Annual passes for our kids for our upcoming trip in January. Do you guys think the best think to do is buy Park hopper tickets through Tripadvisor and then call to have the tickets upgraded to an Annual Pass? Will they take the full amount those tickets would have been or the discounted price we got?
Great question and one I hope someone has attempted. I was thinking of doing the same thing (if I can acquire another promo code) for WDW tickets and upgrading to an annual pass. Part of me is skeptical that Disney will still have some way to know the amount paid, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.

First of all, thanks to all of you for alerting me to this deal. It would have been absolutely perfect for DL tickets for half marathon weekend there if you could add Genie+, but unless I am missing something you can only do the park hoppers with no add-ons. I reaaaaaaallllly want to add Genie+ up front since I'm sure it's going to go up soon.

When I was looking last night a DL hopper with G+ option was available. I had to click 'see all 16 options' and scroll down. I was looking to buy two 4 day hopper w/ Genie+.

Ultimately I decided to buy JN tickets for WDW since we already had DL tickets attached to our DLH stay and would've needed to change our package.

Great question and one I hope someone has attempted. I was thinking of doing the same thing (if I can acquire another promo code) for WDW tickets and upgrading to an annual pass. Part of me is skeptical that Disney will still have some way to know the amount paid, but I'm hoping I'm wrong.
I have noticed you have to buy an adult ticket, it won't let me just pick a child ticket.
I guess another question is, if "accidently" bought an adult ticket if that would mess with anything

To my knowledge, Disney has never made an issue of what you paid for the third-party ticket (even if they know, which is highly likely); they always credited the current gate price for ticket upgrades.

I have an extra code, anyone want to send me a gideons cookie when you go? LOL :)
Or send me a few and I'll reimburse you. My wife and daughters keep talking about them LOL!

Last edited:
At DL, if you choose a date in 2023 it gives you 16 ticket options (# of days, one park/hopper, genie). If you choose a date in 2024, there's only one option (3 day PH).

If I buy 2023 DL tickets, will I be able to use them in 2024?

From what I have read, Disney takes the gate prices and not discounted prices for upgrading tickets to an annual pass. So here is my plan, please tell me if this wouldn't work.

Since Tripadvisor won't let me just select a kids ticket (have to buy adult as well) I am going to have my wife and I do separate transactions and just buy 7 day park hopper adult tickets, saving $300. At that point will call Disney and have those converted to Sorcerer Annual passes for the kids and pay the rest with gift cards I get through Target saving an extra 5%

I'd love to use this to get both MVMCP tix and a 5-day PH for my niece but it doesn't look like that can be done in one transaction?? Also, it does not appear that you can buy just a child's PH without also buying an adult PH?? Anyone have any luck doing either of these things?

Well, I decided to take one "for the team."

• I purchased a $911.04 7-day PH for $728.83 with the Target 20% discount.
  • I used my Chase Sapphire Reserve offer for $16.50 cashback.
  • I went through TopCashBack for 9.09% cash back ($66.25).
  • I paid with PayPal for an extra 5% cash back from them ($36.44).
  • I already got my e-mailed ticket from TripAdvisor and linked it to MDE. I will upgrade this to a DVC AP, paying the difference of $120.95.

SO, if everything works, I'll get my $1,031.00 DVC Sorcerer AP for $730.59.

Well, I decided to take one "for the team."

• I purchased a $911.04 7-day PH for $728.83 with the Target 20% discount.
  • I used my Chase Sapphire Reserve offer for $16.50 cashback.
  • I went through TopCashBack for 9.09% cash back ($66.25).
  • I paid with PayPal for an extra 5% cash back from them ($36.44).
  • I already got my e-mailed ticket from TripAdvisor and linked it to MDE. I will upgrade this to a DVC AP, paying the difference of $120.95.

SO, if everything works, I'll get my $1,031.00 DVC Sorcerer AP for $730.59.
How does paying with Paypal work?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter