Tarzan Rocks! Question

margiemc

Mouseketeer
My DD5 wants to go see the Tarzan Rocks show. She asked me if Clayton is there and if he shoots his gun (we saw that at an ice show last year and it really upset her, the gun and the gunshot noise). If anyone could let me know, I'd really appreciate it!

I don't believe Clayton is there.

Tarzan Rocks is really more of a "rock" show with the focus on the music. Tarzan, Jane and Terk all make appearances but I believe they are the only characters from the movie.

No, there is no Clayton and no guns.... It's more a stylized version of Tarzan - it mainly centers on Tarzan, Jane, and monkeys on skates. :D

Your DD will LOVE it.

I took some pictures this past year that turned out ok - you can see them here starting with IMG_3695.

Becka-Thanks for the info. DD loves the songs from the movie so I think we'll give it a try!

jfulcer-Thanks for the link with the pictures. They came out great! I'm going to show them to my DD. I'm looking forward to seeing the show now too!

Still there...

There was a rumor that both it and Hunchback would be cut, but when the official announcement came, "only" Hunchback was cut.

We went last March and I agree with the other posters that your DD will love it. There is nothing scary in it.
The one thing I would warn you about is that it is LOUD. It was really good, but very loud. Tarzan and Jane do some acrobatic/dance on the floor and hanging from "vines" in the air - really nice. The monkeys do some rollerbladee tricks. Terk "works"the audience in some audience participation parts.

Our DD (5 at the time) found the show boring as well as way too loud when we went 2 years ago. It was ok, but I wasn't too impressed with it either. On the other hand, she loves the Lion King show.

Thanks Raidermatt!!! I cant believe I hadnt heard that on these boards. I was under the impression it had been gone for a while. I couldnt understand why it was shown in the new planning video, LOL!
Thats great news!

We love nearly anything Disney, but Tarzan Rocks is the worst show WDW has ever produced.Iwould rather be stuck for 2 hours on "it's a small world" than ever watch Tarzan again.

Bill3,

Our initial impression agrees with yours; and we too found it way too LOUD.

However, I'm now wondering if we would have enjoyed it more if we had been sitting closer to the front. We were quite high in the seating area, and the speakers were much closer to us than to those in the lower seating area.

Has anyone experienced this show from both the lower and higher levels? Is it a better experience if you are closer (and thus lower) to the stage??

To the original poster, I know you are talking about Tarzan, but PLEASE whatever you do, do not miss the Lion King Show. It is outstanding!

Jillpie, we are planning on seeing the Lion King show too. My DD is now just getting interested in seeing the shows. We just got the Disney DVD last night and she was so excited.

Thanks to everyone for all the info!

We saw Tarzan Rocks last year with my sons 10-12 and daughter 4 1/2. We all loved it. We got their early and got seats down low right next to the stage. During the show when the characters rushed around they would lean over and touch and wave at my daughter who thought it was great. We loved the music and the show, it was loud but everything is loud at disney I think we got used to it so it didn't bother us. Boys loved the rollerblading, daughter loved Jane...Mom loved to SIT DOWN!! Go! Lion King was better. My daughter never took her eyes off that show for a second. In the pictures she looked sad and I asked her what was wrong she said...I wasn't sad I was watching hard!

Yes, CamColt, we were happy to find out it wasn't being cut, though the Hunchback closing was a bummer.

I can understand why some who like other Disney shows might not like Tarzan. It has more of a Vegas, or lounge type feel to it. Not in the sense that its on a smaller lounge type scale, but more that it's sort of a musical revue, and not really a story. We like it, but it is different and we wouldn't want to see all of the shows go this direction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter