Taxis in New Orleans

leebee

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if the taxi cabs in New Orleans take credit cards? I know it's $33 plus tip for one or two passengers between the airport and the French Quarter, but don't know if I need cash or can use a credit card. Also, how much do you usually tip a cabbie? Is it a flat percentage, or a certain amount per bag, or what? I think I've taken a cab maybe 3 times in my entire life!

The airport website says that taxis are required to accept credit cards, but the typical excuse almost anywhere is "the machine isn't working".

http://www.flymsy.com/PageDisplay.asp?p1=6016

Taxicab booths are located on the first level of the Terminal outside of Baggage Claim Belts 1 and 14. Passengers must wait in line at one of these booths for taxi service.

Taxi rides cost $36.00 from the airport to the Central Business District (CBD) or French Quarter (west of Elysian Fields) for up to two (2) passengers. For three (3) or more passengers, the fare will be $15.00 per passenger. Taxis are required accept credit card payments.​

I was just there in April. Taxis to and from the airport both accepted credit cards. In fact, both were a bit surprised when I paid with cash.

I was there in the Fall, paid for my airport taxi with a CC without issue. Used Uber the rest of the time though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter