TEAM DONALD--Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge

Hi all! I am looking forward to this challenge and being a part of this great team.
My name is Dawn and I am 35 years old. I live in Northern California.

I just returned from my first trip to Disney World and am ready to take charge of my life!

I look forward to talking to you all! :goodvibes

Greetings from Your Healthy Habits Coach

This week, the 3rd HH is to eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day. I encourage you to try new ones and eat a variety of them. I am partial to broccoli, but I also like spinach, various types of lettuce, and celery.

I am including an informative chart from Sparkpeople about vegetables. I hope that it encourages you to enjoy as many as possible (at least 3 for HHs) this week and forever!

http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/food_lists_veggies.asp

Have a great week!

CC

Is everyone as excited as I am for the new year? 2010 has been a rough year for us, but I have a feeling 2012 is going to be a great year!

I hope everyone has a Happy & Safe New Year's Eve!

Hope you don't have to wait until 2012 for greatness...hope it comes in 2011. ;)

Evening, Teammates!
I'm Heather, a music education major in Warner Robins, Ga that has always been fat, but over the last 10 years I've become FAT. I am pretty excited to be starting this challange and to see how helpful it ends up being. I look forward to getting to know all of you, and thanks for taking the journey with me my friends! :grouphug:

Heather

:wave: Most people around the DIS call me LTS. I am really hoping that 2011 is my year. My story for the last few years is full of violins so I will spare the details. Things have been much better in 2010 so I am ready to take the next leap and get this weight off. I don't really even have a goal except to see the number on the scale get smaller each week. I guess my main goal is just to see a number that starts with a 1 within the next few months.

I don't watch the Biggest Loser show on TV -- I am more partial to the Food Network. I guess that explains some of how I got this way!:rotfl: I have been on just about every diet there is, even worked as a receptionist at Jenny Craig a long time ago. Need to make the jump to changing my life, not just dieting.

I guess my first personal goal is also to cut out soda. Can't stand diet so I only drink the real thing. I have ONE left in the refrigerator (gonna drink it at midnight instead of champagne!) and won't be buying any more. Water, Crystal Light and Unsweetened tea only starting tomorrow.

I want to put a weight ticker in my signature but need to see if I can get it to fit.

Oh, and I talk a lot.:rolleyes1

HAPPY NEW YEAR pixiedust: TEAM DONALD!

I spent my early evening printing Jan- March calendars for things like Weigh in on this day, measure inches on this day . It will help me to know what day I have to do what thing :)
I can put it all in my computer BUT if it's not staring me in the face, tacked to my bulletin board, next to my computer I won't remember and then I will start to slack off.
I know my downfalls and I am prepping in advance to avoid excuses.
I can be good at excuses when it comes to getting healthy..

My first personal goal is to give up diet soda. Not good for anyone and I am addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper. Not sure what changes I will make to my diet or if I will follow a plan. I really love the Eat This Not that books. I will be paying attention to portion sizes too. Going to Target tomorrow to get compartment plates & smaller bowls , so I won't have to deal with measuring cups at every meal.
Can't wait for weigh- in tomorrow!

Hi Team Donald. :welcome: to any new WISH and or challenge members we have joining us.

I've taken my time getting in here I see. I just realized the team thread were moving along. I'm kinda excited and sick at the thought of weighing in tomorrow morning. :eek: I'm ready to get the official start going. I'm prepared now I just gotta keep the motivation and gumption going to make it all the way through this challenge. :yay:

I'm Melissa a lot of people in real life and online(here and otherwise) call me Mel and that is fine as well. Occasionally I get called Zoe and that is acceptable even though that is my daughters name but the shortening of my screen name is what I realize they are doing. I understand we all have busy lives and can't always read and thoroughly to see details.

Anyway in case you may have missed my "about me" in the in between thread and as my siggy says I'm 31 have been a single mom to Zoë(who is 7 going on 17) for a few years now. We live with my gracious brother who has been a huge blessing in allowing us to stay with him in this tough economy. I have a passion for music of all kinds. Photography is my primary hobby but I can also be found fiddling with any kind of instrument I get my hands on these days(mostly violin until dd got a guitar for Christmas from her uncle). I enjoy reading but its been tough as I am a tad farsighted and have trouble when books are too close. I also battle with how light falls on it. I think its less farsightedness and more that I have a weak(lazy) eye and they compete when I'm up close. Funny I can see the bottom of the chart with both eyes and my right eye but up close its hard. :rolleyes1

Alright off to read and play catch up already. These threads move oh so fast. :scared1:

HAPPY NEW YEAR pixiedust: TEAM DONALD!

I spent my early evening printing Jan- March calendars for things like Weigh in on this day, measure inches on this day . It will help me to know what day I have to do what thing :)
I can put it all in my computer BUT if it's not staring me in the face, tacked to my bulletin board, next to my computer I won't remember and then I will start to slack off.
I know my downfalls and I am prepping in advance to avoid excuses.
I can be good at excuses when it comes to getting healthy..

My first personal goal is to give up diet soda. Not good for anyone and I am addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper. Not sure what changes I will make to my diet or if I will follow a plan.!

That is a great idea! I just started using Thunderbird and the calendar feature on there so I will put it all in there to pop up and remind me.

And we will have to support each other on giving up soda. :thumbsup2 What are you planning to drink instead?

Happy New Year Team Donald

Welcome to the Spring Challenge

I am the host to the Team Donald. My name is Dona (Yes with one N. I have twin sister Dena and my mother found the name in book of twin names)

I am a 55 year old wife and mother. I have been married to my college sweetheart for 32 years this past AUg. We met in a required math class in college. We both teach math. He teaches 7th grade and I teach advanced classes in high school. Besides this challenge I have 123 days until my classes take their Advanced Placement Calculus tests:scared1:.

My ds1 is 25 and living at home. He is currently teaching part time bio labs at a local community college and working at jcpenneys. He has a gf who graduated in May. They went to DW to celebrate. We are hoping that he gets a full time position in Sept. and maybe move out:woohoo:. Ds2 is a civil and environmental engineering major. He is a junior, which means we only have 3 more semesters of tuition :banana::banana:. He is gone most of the year but is only 1 1/2 hours away so we can go visit him if we want and he comes home about once a month.

This month is a little strange for me. For the last 9 years I have been involved with the local high school and their musicals. I have worked with the costume/set designer. The director has changed and so has the costume guy. I may be working with the new guy but have not met him yet. So I have been filling the time with quilting and knitting for me, family and friends. I think I might like this.

There are several things to know if you are new to this challenge.

1. PM your weight to tigger813(Tracey) today. This is usually done on Friday.

2. If you have a goal that you want tracked PM that to tigger813 also. Goals are tracked by pounds lost or percentages.

3. If you are interested in WIN (Whittle Inches Now) send your measurements to Connie96. In three weeks measure again and send them to Connie again. This happens every three weeks.

4. There is also the HH Challlenge (Healthy Habits) Keep track of your points for the week (6 days this time) and on friday PM them to cclovesdisney. Try to get involved with this it is a team challenge.

Here is what cc posted about the HH Challenge

Welcome to Health Habits Week 1

Week 1 is 1/1-1/6 (Only 6 Days)

This week's 3 Healthy Habits are:
1) Drink Six 8 oz. glasses of water. (Up to 2 glasses of coffee or tea count.)
2) Exercise a minimum of 20 minutes a day.
3) Eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day.

At the end of the week, please PM me your points. I will post the results on/about Tuesday. Don't forget, this is a team competition!

These are a great place to start your healthy journey.

Now for the Question of the Day

Question of the Day

How did you ring in the New Year?

Mine was kind of boring. I was supposed to go to a friend's house for the evening. About 5pm my stomach started feeling crappy so I stayed home. Dh went over to drop off the quiches I made. He stayed for about an hour and a half talking. When he left there were only two other people there. One who just split with his wife who was due at the party later. I am glad I wasn't there. I was in bed by 11.

I will check in later.

Have a happy and healthy day.

These are a great place to start your healthy journey.

Now for the Question of the Day

Question of the Day

Mine was kind of boring. I was supposed to go to a friend's house for the evening. About 5pm my stomach started feeling crappy so I stayed home. Dh went over to drop off the quiches I made. He stayed for about an hour and a half talking. When he left there were only two other people there. One who just split with his wife who was due at the party later. I am glad I wasn't there. I was in bed by 11.

I will check in later.

Have a happy and healthy day.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

Mine was even more boring. I fell asleep a little after 9 watching Robin Hood.

Good Luck with the challenge everyone. Can't wait to get to know everyone better.

Morning,

First thanks for the birthday wishes.
Second I brought in the New Year sleeping so yeah I'm boring.

Here we go team.

Good Morning & Happy New Year!:thumbsup2

I like the HH challenge since it is things I used to do all the time. It will be nice to get back in the groove.

I just bought a Bobble so I have no excuse on the water. :banana:

I rang the New Year in with the BF at a local club. I though I would have a last hurrah of chinese food but I'll be darned if I didn't just eat the veggie dishes and passed on the rest.:cool1:

I think my biggest challenge will be work, everyone usually does lunch out. It will be toug to get in that groove.

Hi Team Donald!

My name is Lindsay from Team Mickey!!! I know we are encouraged to post on both boards but I still feel like I am crashing the party.:lmao: I guess thats the competitor in me.

Just wanted to say hello to my friends and to all the newbies joining us. I feel like this is going to be a great and fun challenge.

QOTD- My family and I went and watched fireworks at 545, then went out for dinner ( I will just say it was my last bad meal of 2010 and leave it at that), then it was a relaxing night at home. We all made it until midnight. Even my 3 year old. I loved Dick Clarks show last night. I thought they had some great entertainment. I have to admit I loved New kids on the block and Backstreet boys.:lovestruc It brought me back to my middle/high school days. I would love to see them in concert. I think I would even buy a poster.:lmao: I was amazed I could remember the words to every song they sang....now why cant I remember what happened a few days ago.:confused:

Well I hope you all enjoy the 1st day of the 2011. Make it the best you can.

Good morning Donald teamies, and a happy, healthy, losing new year to everyone. I'm looking forward to this challenge and getting to know you all, and losing weight and getting healthier with you.

I'm kathy, 46, single mom to 9 yo ds michael, and I've done quite a few bl challenges, through some ups and downs in my life, and truly the support has been amazing, and I know I would have gone off the deep end, in weight gain, and other ways in the past if I didn't have this place to come and vent.
I am feeling in a good place and ready to lose this challenge. I looked at last january's starting weighin, and I'm 1.8 pounds lighter, so I consider that a positive. Plus I only gained .6 over the holidays. I plan to see a lower weight next year, and get back under 200 again and stay there this time.

Question of the Day

We went to Boston and walked the common to see the ice sculptures, and watched the skating, the parade and the early fireworks. It was a beautiful night, so we walked to fanieul hall and hade dinner after the fireworks and then headed home and watch AFV and Dick clark, though ds and I both fell asleep for a while, but woke up at 11:45 and got some sparkling grape juice and toasted the new year. It was a very nice evening.

Maybe we can do a meet up some Sunday during the challenge for those of us who are close. I still need to meet up with Kathy too :goodvibes
Well meet up one of these days. :rotfl: I'd always be up for a dis-meet. It does look like a big group from MA, which is awesome.

I came across this article this morning from sparkpeople.com that I thought you might enjoy called Stop Dieting and Start Living!
Thanks for the great article, Lisa. I like ww because it is so liveable, and I am looking forward to losing again.

7 years ago I lost 200lbs with GBP and have been successful til now.

2. The Goofy/Dopey next January, I did it in 2007 to celebrate 200lbs. I want to do it again in 2012 to celebrate turning 50. Oh and plus my DS said he would do it with me - he neds to losa about 50lbs himself.:cool1:
Congrats on losing 200# and for doing the goofy.:worship: I just started run/walking last feb, and am doing the princess half with Lisah, and can't imagine doing a half and a full in the same weekend. What a feeling of accomplishment you must have had, and what a fabulous goal to help lose what you've gained. How is the knee feeling since surgery? Are you able to run yet?

Howdy folks! My name is Connie and I am the WIN coach for both teams in this challenge and I am, personally, a TEAM DONALD loser! Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

I hope you all have a safe and fun new year's eve! And I wish you a healthy and happy 2011!
Hi Connie. Thanks for running the WIN challenge. I am looking forward to seeing my numbers go down a little more this time.

Welcome to Healthy Habits!

Welcome to Health Habits Week 1

Week 1 is 1/1-1/6 (Only 6 Days)

This week's 3 Healthy Habits are:
1) Drink Six 8 oz. glasses of water. (Up to 2 glasses of coffee or tea count.)
2) Exercise a minimum of 20 minutes a day.
3) Eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day.

At the end of the week, please PM me your points. I will post the results on/about Tuesday. Don't forget, this is a team competition!

If you have any questions, please free to ask.
Thank you CC for being hh coach. It will be fun to have the competition with team Mickey.

That's a great idea. I like to have it all written down too. I have a Cars notebook I stole from ds a couple years ago when I started these challenges, and it's nice to have all those numbers to look back on.

I rang the New Year in with the BF at a local club. I though I would have a last hurrah of chinese food but I'll be darned if I didn't just eat the veggie dishes and passed on the rest.
As we were walking past lots of clubs and restaurants last night, I was looking at everyone all dressed up and thinking that would be fun to do again, but when I got home and put on my pajamas, I thought this is more me.:rotfl:

Looking forward to a successful challenge!! Good luck everyone!!

My name is Lindsay from Team Mickey!!! I know we are encouraged to post on both boards but I still feel like I am crashing the party.:lmao: I guess thats the competitor in me.
:rotfl: Hello Lindsay!! Nothing like a little friendly competition to get us all to lose some weight!! Luckily we don't have to get nasty and vote people off. We get the best of both worlds here on WISH!!

Good Morning!

I'm -em who calls Orlando home-

As for the Question of the day- I had to work but snuck out to the 6th floor to watch the fireworks so not a total loss ;)

-em

Happy New Year to Team Donald!

QOTD: Add me to the boring column. I did manage to stay awake to see the ball drop, after snoozing during Twilight Zone episodes from 10:30 on. Earlier in the day, I took a long drive to think about 2010, and try to put all the bad stuff of the year out of my mind. I even stopped at the cemetery where my great-grandparents are buried, just to "bury" this past, and move forward into 2011.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter