TEAM DONALD--Biggest Loser 11 Spring Team Challenge

Morning and Happy New Year! I'm Mary, married for 23 years to dh and mom to 3 kids - dd is 11, ds is 9 and ds is 8. I work full time and between that and the kids schedules, I have just sort of forgot about myself. I'm determined this year to make the time to get back in shape and lose weight in the process.

We stayed in last night and played games. DH made homemade pizza and we toasted the New Year with champagne for us and sparkly juice for the kids.

Some of you mentioned your addiction to soda and wanting to break that....I did that last year. I LOVED my diet pepsi. Cut down to one a day (drank diet tea or water instead) and now if I open a can, I find I can't finish it due to not liking the fizz in it. Good luck! You can do it!!

Hello everyone!! My name is Chris and I am so looking forward to this challenge. My goal is going to be losing 20 pounds by our trip end of March and then an additional 10. I have horrible happy hour habits with co-workers where I just endulge in Margaritas and love a glass (or 2 or 3:rolleyes1) of wine on the weekends. I signed up for Weight Watchers online since seeing my sister in law lost 63 pounds since last April on it. She looks so skinny!

I purchased a used treadmill from a friend and have 12 month DVD series Fit Moms for Life that I have been regularly doing but when my eating habits stink, I still gain weight:sad1:.

Today is a new day though:goodvibes and I won't torture myself this weekend. I have a Rose Bowl party today (Teach Em How To Bucky :banana:) and Packer/Christmas party tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone and let's be losers :thumbsup2.

Happy New Year!

I spent most of the evening last night sleeping. Fell asleep at about 8:00 then woke up at about 11:30 to watch the ball drop on TV.

Sleep has been in short supply these last couple of weeks. We just got a puppy and he's still learning the whole bedtime routine. We lost our beloved Apollo (my 10-year-old dog) to an undiagnosed stomach tumor while on vacation at Disney World. He, luckily, was home with my step daughter and her boyfriend who were house-sitting for us while we were gone. Normally he would have been in the kennel.

I'm a little nervous about sending in my first weight. I definitely was not happy to see the scale this morning, but this is only the beginning! :goodvibes

Hoping the rain goes away soon so I can get out and walk. If not, I will pull out the old Biggest Loser DVD and tackle that.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Dawn

Happy New Year to all the DONALD teamies! :goodvibes

I always love the beginning of a new challenge. It is so full of fun and excitement! :yay:

I'm Lisa. I have a wonderful DH and a DS who is 11. I live in beautiful Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and am a real estate attorney. I hit the big 5-0 this year and am running my first Princess half marathon with my dear friend, mikamah. princess:

I've done several BL challenges and was the challenge organizer for the past several challenges. The challenges have made all the difference to me. For the first time in years, I've finished each year weighing less than I did when I started. I'm in better shape physically than ever. My BMI went from over 42 to 35 in two years. I've accepted that this weight took years to get on and will take years to get off. Every day that things get better is a good day in my book. So I still have a long ways to go and I couldn't do it without all of you! :flower3:

I really encourage you to give the Healthy Habits (HH) and WIN! (Whittle Inches Now!) a try. Last challenge was the first time I tracked inches. There were many times the scale was stuck but the inches went down. It really helps to have another way to track your success!

Hi all! I am looking forward to this challenge and being a part of this great team.
My name is Dawn and I am 35 years old. I live in Northern California.

I just returned from my first trip to Disney World and am ready to take charge of my life!

I look forward to talking to you all! :goodvibes

:wave2: Hi Dawn! As a veteran of DL, how did you enjoy WDW? I grew up in Anaheim and was a castmember there so I'm always interested to hear what the DL vets have to say about WDW. My DH likes WDW -- sacrilege, I know! ;)

Greetings from Your Healthy Habits Coach

This week, the 3rd HH is to eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day. I encourage you to try new ones and eat a variety of them. I am partial to broccoli, but I also like spinach, various types of lettuce, and celery.

Have a great week!

CC

Thanks for being our HH coach CC! :flower3:

Hope you don't have to wait until 2012 for greatness...hope it comes in 2011. ;)

:lmao: :wave2: Hi hpfan100! When I moved from Anaheim, I moved to Scottsdale and my Mom still lives in Mesa. I heard that you had snow this week!

Hi everyone, I am so excited to start tomorrow. Go Team Donald!

Bernie

:wave2: Hi Bernie! Go Team Donald! ::yes::

Evening, Teammates!
I'm Heather, a music education major in Warner Robins, Ga that has always been fat, but over the last 10 years I've become FAT. I am pretty excited to be starting this challange and to see how helpful it ends up being. I look forward to getting to know all of you, and thanks for taking the journey with me my friends! :grouphug:

Heather

:wave2: Hi Heather! We have lots of teachers in our group so you will feel right at home. :goodvibes

:wave: Most people around the DIS call me LTS. I am really hoping that 2011 is my year. My story for the last few years is full of violins so I will spare the details. Things have been much better in 2010 so I am ready to take the next leap and get this weight off. I don't really even have a goal except to see the number on the scale get smaller each week. I guess my main goal is just to see a number that starts with a 1 within the next few months.

I want to put a weight ticker in my signature but need to see if I can get it to fit.

Oh, and I talk a lot.:rolleyes1

:wave2: Hi LTS! I've seen you lots of places on the Disboards. You have a lot of patience and are always positive! :goodvibes I did several challenges before I watched the BL show. I wasn't too impressed with this last challenges group -- too much game playing. And this is a chatty group so you will feel right at home. :thumbsup2

HAPPY NEW YEAR pixiedust: TEAM DONALD!

I spent my early evening printing Jan- March calendars for things like Weigh in on this day, measure inches on this day . It will help me to know what day I have to do what thing :)
I can put it all in my computer BUT if it's not staring me in the face, tacked to my bulletin board, next to my computer I won't remember and then I will start to slack off.
I know my downfalls and I am prepping in advance to avoid excuses.
I can be good at excuses when it comes to getting healthy..

My first personal goal is to give up diet soda. Not good for anyone and I am addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper. Not sure what changes I will make to my diet or if I will follow a plan. I really love the Eat This Not that books. I will be paying attention to portion sizes too. Going to Target tomorrow to get compartment plates & smaller bowls , so I won't have to deal with measuring cups at every meal.
Can't wait for weigh- in tomorrow!

:wave2: Hello pudge the fish! Sounds like you are off to a great start with your goal planning. Are you planning some rewards for yourself along the way, too?

BRB I'm sure the smilie police will be after me if I don't stop here. ;)

Are any of our DONALD teamies running the Marathon this week-end? Be sure and let us know so we can wish you good luck!

And let us know if you are doing the Princess princess: too as we are planning a BL meet.

QUOTE=mommyof2Pirates;39367851]Hi Team Donald!

My name is Lindsay from Team Mickey!!! I know we are encouraged to post on both boards but I still feel like I am crashing the party. I guess thats the competitor in me.

Just wanted to say hello to my friends and to all the newbies joining us. I feel like this is going to be a great and fun challenge. [/QUOTE]

:wave2: Hi Lindsay! Thanks for stopping by! :flower3: I've been popping in on the Team MICKEY thread, too, have to keep an eye on the competition! :cool2: Looking foward to seeing you soon at WDW!

Good morning Donald teamies, and a happy, healthy, losing new year to everyone. I'm looking forward to this challenge and getting to know you all, and losing weight and getting healthier with you.

I am feeling in a good place and ready to lose this challenge. I looked at last january's starting weighin, and I'm 1.8 pounds lighter, so I consider that a positive. Plus I only gained .6 over the holidays. I plan to see a lower weight next year, and get back under 200 again and stay there this time.
Looking forward to a successful challenge!! Good luck everyone!!

:wave2: Hi Kathy! Looking forward to seeing you, too, soon! princess: This is going to be your challenge -- I can feel it! :hippie:

Good Morning!

I'm -em who calls Orlando home-

As for the Question of the day- I had to work but snuck out to the 6th floor to watch the fireworks so not a total loss ;)

-em

:wave2: Hi Em! I'm curious about how someone with a user name of Disneland Em ended up in Orlando!

Happy New Year to Team Donald!

QOTD: Add me to the boring column. I did manage to stay awake to see the ball drop, after snoozing during Twilight Zone episodes from 10:30 on. Earlier in the day, I took a long drive to think about 2010, and try to put all the bad stuff of the year out of my mind. I even stopped at the cemetery where my great-grandparents are buried, just to "bury" this past, and move forward into 2011.

:wave2: Hi NCRedding! Sounds like you are ready for a great 2011! :cheer2:

Morning and Happy New Year! I'm Mary, married for 23 years to dh and mom to 3 kids - dd is 11, ds is 9 and ds is 8. I work full time and between that and the kids schedules, I have just sort of forgot about myself. I'm determined this year to make the time to get back in shape and lose weight in the process.

We stayed in last night and played games. DH made homemade pizza and we toasted the New Year with champagne for us and sparkly juice for the kids.

Some of you mentioned your addiction to soda and wanting to break that....I did that last year. I LOVED my diet pepsi. Cut down to one a day (drank diet tea or water instead) and now if I open a can, I find I can't finish it due to not liking the fizz in it. Good luck! You can do it!!

:wave2: Hi Mary! It's always nice to hear about how someone managed to give up a bad habit -- thanks for sharing! :goodvibes

Hello everyone!! My name is Chris and I am so looking forward to this challenge. My goal is going to be losing 20 pounds by our trip end of March and then an additional 10. I have horrible happy hour habits with co-workers where I just endulge in Margaritas and love a glass (or 2 or 3:rolleyes1) of wine on the weekends. I signed up for Weight Watchers online since seeing my sister in law lost 63 pounds since last April on it. She looks so skinny!

I purchased a used treadmill from a friend and have 12 month DVD series Fit Moms for Life that I have been regularly doing but when my eating habits stink, I still gain weight:sad1:.

Today is a new day though:goodvibes and I won't torture myself this weekend. I have a Rose Bowl party today (Teach Em How To Bucky :banana:) and Packer/Christmas party tomorrow.

Good luck to everyone and let's be losers :thumbsup2.

:wave2: Hi Chris! Sounds like you are set and ready to rock and roll! :rockband:

Happy New Year!

I spent most of the evening last night sleeping. Fell asleep at about 8:00 then woke up at about 11:30 to watch the ball drop on TV.

Sleep has been in short supply these last couple of weeks. We just got a puppy and he's still learning the whole bedtime routine. We lost our beloved Apollo (my 10-year-old dog) to an undiagnosed stomach tumor while on vacation at Disney World. He, luckily, was home with my step daughter and her boyfriend who were house-sitting for us while we were gone. Normally he would have been in the kennel.

I'm a little nervous about sending in my first weight. I definitely was not happy to see the scale this morning, but this is only the beginning! :goodvibes

Hoping the rain goes away soon so I can get out and walk. If not, I will pull out the old Biggest Loser DVD and tackle that.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful New Year!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Dawn

I know what you mean, Dawn, I gained 3 pounds between yesterday and today. :sad2:

Good luck to us all! :yay:

I am Lisa, from South of Boston but hang on the North Shore with the BF most of my time.

7 years ago I lost 200lbs with GBP and have been successful til now.

Hi Lisa, another friend from Mass.

200lbs? That is incredible. You go, you'll lose the 50 in no time I'm sure. :goodvibes

Is everyone as excited as I am for the new year? 2010 has been a rough year for us, but I have a feeling 2012 is going to be a great year!

Here's hoping 2011 brings you lots of health and happiness :wizard:

:wave: Most people around the DIS call me LTS. I am really hoping that 2011 is my year. My story for the last few years is full of violins so I will spare the details. Things have been much better in 2010 so I am ready to take the next leap and get this weight off. I don't really even have a goal except to see the number on the scale get smaller each week. I guess my main goal is just to see a number that starts with a 1 within the next few months.

Hi there, I love your picture. I think I've seen it somewhere before. Do you post on either the HHI thread or maybe DVC or something? Looks familiar.

I just bought a Bobble so I have no excuse on the water. :banana:

What's a bobble? I hear you on the lunch thing. My co-worker goes out every day and I usually join him by ordering in. He was away for most of Oct and all of Nov and Dec so that helped me lose. I'm hoping to just make healthier decisions when we go out. He loves sushi, so that may not be a bad choice.

My name is Lindsay from Team Mickey!!! I know we are encouraged to post on both boards but I still feel like I am crashing the party.:lmao: I guess thats the competitor in me.

Hi Lindsay, I didn't realize that it was encouraged. The thought actually scares me. I sometimes feel overwhelmed if I miss a couple of days and have to catch up, so I'll probably have to just stick with Team Donald. But best of luck to everyone over there. I'm still amazed by how many more people join the thread this time of year compared to the last challenge.

It reminds me of my old gym. They had a sign up one June/July that said something along the lines of welcome, you are one of only 15% of the people who joined in January. It kind of made it all seem real to me.

Well meet up one of these days. :rotfl: I'd always be up for a dis-meet. It does look like a big group from MA, which is awesome.

Hi Kathy, yeah the number of fellow Mass losers seems pretty good. Maybe we can plan something for a Sunday mid-challenge. I'll try to remember to post something here and on the Team Mickey thread to see if anyone is interested and we can try and figure out a mid-way point. I work 6 days a week from Feb-April 15th, so Sunday's work best unless we want to wait until after tax season.

There are several things to know if you are new to this challenge.

1. PM your weight to tigger813(Tracey) today. This is usually done on Friday.

I don't have a scale at the moment so I'll either send in what was recorded at the Drs on Monday or try to get to a store today. I usually do my weigh in at WW on Wednesdays but I'll see if I can adjust that, depending on the leader for that meeting. I love my leader.

2. If you have a goal that you want tracked PM that to tigger813 also. Goals are tracked by pounds lost or percentages.

Could you give an example of a goal. Do you mean something like lose 1 pound, exercise 30 minutes a day, cut down to 10 twinkies instead of 20. :rotfl:

3. If you are interested in WIN (Whittle Inches Now) send your measurements to Connie96. In three weeks measure again and send them to Connie again. This happens every three weeks.

Is there a particular day we do this? Maybe I missed that somewhere.

4. There is also the HH Challlenge (Healthy Habits) Keep track of your points for the week (6 days this time) and on friday PM them to cclovesdisney. Try to get involved with this it is a team challenge.

How do you calculate the points?

Here is what cc posted about the HH Challenge

Welcome to Health Habits Week 1

Week 1 is 1/1-1/6 (Only 6 Days)

This week's 3 Healthy Habits are:
1) Drink Six 8 oz. glasses of water. (Up to 2 glasses of coffee or tea count.)
2) Exercise a minimum of 20 minutes a day.
3) Eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day.

At the end of the week, please PM me your points. I will post the results on/about Tuesday. Don't forget, this is a team competition!

These are a great place to start your healthy journey.

Now for the Question of the Day

Question of the Day

How did you ring in the New Year?

We went to some friends house. About halfway there I started feeling bad and developing a headache. Battled the headache best I could. Played some darts and ping pong, watched Dick Clark and the ball drop. Toasted with some champagne and then headed home. Ate waaaaay too much though. She had quite a spread! My last hoorah I guess.

I'm really looking forward to this and developing some new friendships. LTS (scrappy to me) are good friends and have taken a couple girl trips to Disney in the past. :yay:

I'm in Clearwater Florida so if there are any locals we should get together for a weekly (or daily) walk.

I took a long drive to think about 2010, and try to put all the bad stuff of the year out of my mind. I even stopped at the cemetery where my great-grandparents are buried, just to "bury" this past, and move forward into 2011.

I think that's a great idea. I'm all for symbolic action - I think it is good for the mind as well as the soul. I hope it worked for you!

As for my QOTD: I spent the evening at home with my family, as I always do, with my little brother burning through a box of sparklers. I spent the last part of the night watching the Carson Daily countdown (I LOVE My Chemical Romance and they performed on the show 3 times :cloud9: so I had to forgo the traditional Dick Clark for the evening) and chatting on the ABD board for the first time. :surfweb: It was nice to hear from Pete, Kevin and John in real time. I tend to think of NYE as just another evening, sparing only a moment to think back over the year and contemplate what the new year will bring. Hopefully, in my case, it will bring ALOT of weight loss and a wonderful challange!

Heather

QOD--nothing too exciting for New Years...we had some friends over, watched a movie, played some video games and counted down with Dick Clark. Then I went to bed because I had to catch an early flight to ND to celebrate my grandparents' 60th wedding anniversary!

Good Morning Losers and Happy New Year!!

QOTD: We stayed in, watched TV and were asleep by 11:30!

Happy New Year to all the DONALD teamies! :goodvibe

:lmao: :wave2: Hi hpfan100! When I moved from Anaheim, I moved to Scottsdale and my Mom still lives in Mesa. I heard that you had snow this week!

We did have snow in the valley this week one day of tiny flurries in the outskirts of town. All I got at my house was blowing wind. My parents moved from AZ to Idaho now. They live in Nampa. What a small world.

QOTD- I went to a lame sports bar with a friend and her cousins. It was a "biker" bar full of guys wearing their leather vests to show there gangs name. I'm ok with the biker part but the all rode Susukis and Kawasoksi (sorry bout spelling). In my world those aren't "biker gang" material. Anyway, it was lame and I wish I had just stayed home in my flannel pants and read a book and drank the rest of my chocolate mint soymilk and finished my iced gingerbread men cookies. :cloud9:oh well maybe next year.

HH points question...maybe I missed this somewhere.
there are three habits for the week, do we get a point for each habit per week or per day or is it one point a day for doing all three? and what if I can't drink all that water on a work day since I don't have enough potty breaks Is there a teacher discount? only need 5 a day? :rotfl2:

Happy New Year everyone...better get started on that water...:drinking1

QOTD- I went to a lame sports bar with a friend and her cousins. It was a "biker" bar full of guys wearing their leather vests to show there gangs name. I'm ok with the biker part but the all rode Susukis and Kawasoksi (sorry bout spelling). In my world those aren't "biker gang" material. Anyway, it was lame and I wish I had just stayed home in my flannel pants and read a book and drank the rest of my chocolate mint soymilk and finished my iced gingerbread men cookies. :cloud9:oh well maybe next year.

HH points question...maybe I missed this somewhere.
there are three habits for the week, do we get a point for each habit per week or per day or is it one point a day for doing all three? and what if I can't drink all that water on a work day since I don't have enough potty breaks Is there a teacher discount? only need 5 a day? :rotfl2:

Happy New Year everyone...better get started on that water...:drinking1

ITA - gang members should only ride HD:thumbsup2 Seems to me the "rice rockets" as they are known are for weekenders and people like me who are scared to death of HDs:rotfl2:

Yeah I am new so not sure how points work either, thanks for asking.

dvccruiser76 - A Bobble is a filtered water bottle, it makes it so much easier. You can just use tap and it is filtered so I can just carry one bottle in the gym bag. I got mine at GNC for $10, it is good for 300 uses. You can buy replacement filters too.

I don't know about 50 in no time, but gee that would be great:banana:

mikamah - yeah it was a crazy time. It changed my life, but as you get further out you need to do what we all do now, watch diet & exercise.
I can walk inclines, bike ride, eliptical and swim - running is about 3 months out but as soon as I can I will. I really did become addicted and I am determined to get back in my size 6(vanity size or not).

I would love to do a MA meet, I live on South Shore, work in Boston and BF lives on North Shore so I am used to lots of travel around MA.

Hello, everyone. My name is kelly and I am looking forward to having someone support me in this weight loss journey. I have a lot to lose and I think reading your posts will encourage me to keep on track.

Hello teamies!:goodvibes My name is Shawn, I am an American currently living in Germany while my DH is completing a 3 year ex-pat assignment for his company. We have 18 more months until we move back to the States:)
I love to read the WISH, Disney Cruise and Budget Boards when I have time.
Right now we are in the States visiting and we fly back to Germany Jan 6.

This is my second BL challenge and I lost 12.5 pounds in 15 weeks on the first one. I've lost a total of 23.5 pounds although I'm currently up 2 pounds due to Holiday eating;) Hope to get those 2 pounds off this week and then start again with forward progress.

For those trying to quit soda, I did that this Fall and it was not so bad after the first few weeks. I cut down weekly until the last week I was at 1/4 cup per day (Diet Pepsi).

Last night we went to a friends house and the kids had pizza while the adults had a very nice beef dish they made in their Le Cruset roaster. It was a very thick filet with mushrooms, carrots, pearl onion and a wonderful sauce. They also served salad with mixed greens, golden raisins, pine nuts, spring onion and a very good dressing that was sesame oil, lime juice, garlic and basil.
The dressing was so good, I am going to try to make that again. They served brussel sprouts also. Yummy! We flipped through all the TV specials and watched the crystal ball drop at midnight and then drove home. Relaxing and fun evening. Lindsay, I also loved the Back Street Boys!! I didn't know who the other group was though:rotfl:

Good luck with diet and exercise this week. If you are just starting, don't be afraid to take it slow and steady. There was a very discouraging article on the front page of our paper this morning about how hard it is biologically to lose weight. Your body craves fat and sugar and rich foods naturally and then fights you to put fat back on when you lose weight:scared1: It is much easier to control exercise than diet according to this article. Of course the best advice is to never put the weight on in the first place, but that's too late for me:laughing:

Have a great first week everybody and go Team Donald:yay:

Shawnprincess:

QOTD: Not very exciting. I spent most of the day yesterday organizing and putting away Christmas Decorations. Watched a lot of TV and at about 11:55 DH switched the channel to Dick Clark and we watched the ball drop, had our NYE kiss and then I changed the channel, picked up the broom and swept up the tree and garland needles all over the place!

DD10 was at a sleep over and DD15 got asked to babysit at the last minute so she was across the street. The neighbors down the street had a big party and about 5 minutes after midnight let off a ton of fireworks so I went out on the porch to watch them. I absolutely love fireworks!

My goal for today is to get a menu made up. DH also really wants to lose some weight and start exercising again so he is 100% in this with me.

Welcome to Health Habits Week 1

Week 1 is 1/1-1/6 (Only 6 Days)

This week's 3 Healthy Habits are:
1) Drink Six 8 oz. glasses of water. (Up to 2 glasses of coffee or tea count.)
2) Exercise a minimum of 20 minutes a day.
3) Eat at least 3 servings of vegetables a day.

At the end of the week, please PM me your points. I will post the results on/about Tuesday. Don't forget, this is a team competition!

These are a great place to start your healthy journey.

Thanks for posting the reminders and reposting the important information. :thumbsup2

Hi there, I love your picture. I think I've seen it somewhere before. Do you post on either the HHI thread or maybe DVC or something? Looks familiar.

I don't post on those but I do seem to get around so you could have seen it anywhere! You have probably seen me on threads that I moved to the DVC boards. Since I moderate the Welcome Board I get lots of threads over there that need to be on another forum. I post that I am moving them so the OP knows what happened and move them over. Make it look like I really am posting everywhere!

I am actually trying to decide what to do about my picture. It is kind of my "signature" and everyone seems to love it so I am hesitant to remove it (I took it out for Christmas a year or so ago and got tons of comments and PM's to put it back in!), but I also want room to put in the Donald Clippie and a WL ticker. I tried resizing it for an avatar last night but it didn't work. I will have to work on it some more. May have to just make it smaller so I have more space.

:wave2: Hi LTS! I've seen you lots of places on the Disboards. You have a lot of patience and are always positive! :goodvibes And this is a chatty group so you will feel right at home. :thumbsup2

:blush: Thanks:) I am not sure that my kids would agree with you though! :rotfl:

I'm really looking forward to this and developing some new friendships. LTS (scrappy to me) are good friends and have taken a couple girl trips to Disney in the past. :yay:

:wave: Hey Phorse!!

Question of the Day How did you ring in the New Year?

We stayed home, ate homemade pizza, and had a family game tournament, Scrabble and Wii Bowling.

Hey Teamies!

My name is Maria and I am 42, mother of dsalmost13, and married for 17 years to my wonderful dh. I've been a bit absent lately, we lost our dear Worf aka Worfiedoodles (17 years of black cat full of love and demanding attention) a couple of weeks ago, and we've been processing that.

I'm also in MA, in East Boston. I work full-time as a grants professional for a large homeless services agency, which means I spend far too much time sitting in front of a computer.

I don't know what number challenge this is for me, but even when I try, "I just can't quit you, BL Challenge"...still plenty of weight to lose, and plenty to learn.

I'm leaving next Thursday for some time in WDW. I'm doing my 4th WDW Half Marathon (also known as the Donald! :donald: ) a week from today. I'm still more Pooh than Roo, but I've weighed less each year since my first Half in 2008, so my turtle-like ways do eventually get you there. I'm also doing the Princess in February, so hopefully the additional race so close to this one will help me stay focused on fun and friends rather than food treats.

This Challenge with teams has already helped me! I ran 12 miles yesterday, so I wasn't going to move at all today. When I read the 20 minutes of exercise, I decided I couldn't let my teammates, down, so I did a nice walk to stretch myself out a bit more. I even found a good place to track my HH, so I can be sure to get the points as often as possible for Team Donald! :cheer2:

Maria :upsidedow

Oh, forgot that I had a funny story from this morning. I got up with one goal in mind--weigh in. Which I actually do a few times a week anyway, we have a scale in the bathroom. I just have to be sure to have my glasses or I can't see what it says. It is also important to know that I tend to pull off my clothes at night, throw them on top of the scale and then pick them up the next morning to take to the hamper.

So I go in to the bathroom. SHOOT! Forgot my glasses. Go and get them and come back. I pick up my jeans, shirt and sweatshirt off the floor and underneath is NOTHING. :confused3 What the heck? I know there was a scale here when I went to bed last night. So I go downstairs, across the house to find DH and tell him that we have been scalenapped. Of course he has taken it to use for something. 365 days in a year and he chooses the ONE day that I really need the scale to remove it from the bathroom. :rolleyes:

I reclaimed it and all is right with the world. Except that I think I dropped the dirty clothes on the floor again in my shock and confusion and don't remember picking them back up. Not going back upstairs to check.:rotfl:

Good afternoon Team! Happy New Year to everyone!!

I am new to the BL challenges. My name is Tressa, and I'm from a small town in NW Georgia, about 40 miles NW of Atlanta. I have two sons, 18 and 14. I'm very excited to get fit this year, and cheer everyone else on, as well.

QOTD: I spent the evening at home with my sons, watching the ball drop on T.V., and enjoying our annual new years toast with sparkling grape juice. :goodvibes

:wave2: Hi Dawn! As a veteran of DL, how did you enjoy WDW? I grew up in Anaheim and was a castmember there so I'm always interested to hear what the DL vets have to say about WDW. My DH likes WDW -- sacrilege, I know! ;)

I have pros and cons for both now. I really like Disneyland and how everything is really close together and I especially prefer how Small World is set off on it's own. Also, Pirates is DEFINITELY better at DL. However, having 4 parks with so much to do and so many more food choices, I'd have to say I really enjoyed WDW more than DL. A lot of that is based on the types of crowds also. WDW has more tourists, whereas DL has a lot more locals visiting. I did hope to be able to compare weather better, however we set some low temperature records while at WDW. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter