Teppan Edo Review?

timsueshd

Julie the Cruise Director
We went to Teppan Edo years and years ago and loved it...

I have been reading reviews and it seems that this restaurant has went down hill, from service to serving size.

Have you been there? What is your review? Should I pick somewhere else?

I enjoyed it, but I like my local hibachi places more. The fried rice is my favorite part of the meal, which is not included here since it's not authentic to Japan. If you have hibachi places around where you live I'd say skip it. If you don't and this is your only chance to have this food then go for it, the food was still good quality the last time I ate there.

I agree with FSU girl, if you have local Hibachi restaurants than I would skip this. I was there about 3 years ago and just popped in quick for lunch, it was good but not better than anything local I could find.

We really like Teppan Edo. We like the communal seating, the show and the food.

I think the food is really good, something for everyone.

We like to go here every couple of years.

We had a great lunch there in June. Our service was great, the chef was fun, and the food was really good. I didn't notice that the portions were smaller than before, we all had plenty to eat and food leftover.

Just went at Christmas and it was great. Food was great as well as the service. No complaints! I wish I had seen that they had Wagyu on the menu....I've dying to try it once in my life....and I woulda splurged there!

We really enjoyed our meal there. The Hibachi steak was very good. I agree that the overall dinner was not as good as our local Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse, but we enjoyed it and we would eat there again.

Last edited:

Our friend went there a couple of weeks ago for her honeymoon and said it was fantastic. We are booked after the CP performance next door in December. Since my daughter lives in the Japanese store anyway :rolleyes2 and spends all her money there, we thought it would be fitting to eat there.

I enjoyed it, but I like my local hibachi places more. The fried rice is my favorite part of the meal, which is not included here since it's not authentic to Japan. If you have hibachi places around where you live I'd say skip it. If you don't and this is your only chance to have this food then go for it, the food was still good quality the last time I ate there.
I completely agree with this. It's underwhelming if you can eat hibachi at home.

We enjoyed our meal and liked the environment, however we also have good hibachi here at home, and we like it better so we have never felt compelled to go again.

I think that if youhave wanted to dine there, then disregard the negative reviews. Like everything else, food and dining experiences are subjective, and what one may find to be underwhelming another may find stellar. Shoot! My family enjoys Chef Mickey's, and won't go back to 'Ohana for a long time, so if you were to go by my reviews you might be very disappointed in CM and miss out on 'Ohana.

Try what you want and make your own determination. You know what your family enjoys.

I'll add another to the pile of "skip it if you have local hibachi places to go to". I was really excited to try Teppan Edo for the first time assuming it would be like the hibachi places I'm used to eating at except maybe even better, but it was quite the opposite experience. I felt the food wasn't nearly as good as any similar restaurant I've ever been to. Just personal preference though, there have been plenty of meals in Disney that I've enjoyed that have gotten less than stellar reviews on here and other WDW boards, blogs, etc.

I personally think the food was a bit better in quality compared to the local places in my area. I really enjoyed Teppan Edo. Fried rice isn't japanese so if you must have those, youre better off eating in China. ;) I personally dont think the food or portions have gone down hill.

The first time that we dined there was back in 2006, then we didn't go back for various reasons. In the last year we've eaten there twice and enjoyed it each time. We've also been to our local Benihana twice, and they are comparable. The show was fun to watch, communal seating didn't bother us. It is more expensive then the local place but it's WDW and all about the experience. We would certainly go back as even our pickiest eater really enjoyed her food.

I was underwhelmed there. We went there for the experience and the cook was completely underwhelming...

We've been each of the last two years, and are going back in September. We were quite impressed with the food quality, especially the filet, it was one of the best pieces of meat I've had, and I'll be ordering it again for sure. Like any of these style restaurants the fun depends on the personality of the cook, and we've been lucky so far.

We last ate there in 2014. We’ve been back to WDW since but haven’t gone back to Teppan Edo. I thought the food was fair at best. I agree with FSU girl. Skip it if you have a local hibachi near you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter