Test Track and Soarin strategy at opening?

maryj11

DIS Veteran
We want to FP one of these. I'm thinking Test Track would be the best one to FP? Then hit Soarin at rope drop? About how long is the wait time at Soarin after rope drop?
How hard is it to get a fourth FP for Soarin since they opened the other theater? In case the wait is to long.
My plan is to go to Soarin first then Living with the Land. We have a 10:25am reservation at Garden Grill. Then make FP for TT for 11:30-12:30. Does this sound good? Opinions?

Your plan is good. TT is often down in the morning, which will convert your FP to a multiple experience FP, which you can use when TT comes back up. By 11:30am, it's usually running fine unless there are thunderstorms in the area.
Yes that ride is down off and on every time we are there.

We want to FP one of these. I'm thinking Test Track would be the best one to FP? Then hit Soarin at rope drop? About how long is the wait time at Soarin after rope drop?
How hard is it to get a fourth FP for Soarin since they opened the other theater? In case the wait is to long.
My plan is to go to Soarin first then Living with the Land. We have a 10:25am reservation at Garden Grill. Then make FP for TT for 11:30-12:30. Does this sound good? Opinions?

FP TT...that's the ride that goes down the most at EPCOT. I'm told till about 10am, Soarin and FEA only have waits till about 30-45 minutes. I'm going to RD FEA. I've decided to not do Soarin. I've got some wonderful advice from the DISers, but knowing how I work myself up over my fears, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the ride and give it justice. They say Soarin as a 4th FP isn't hard to get at all. Are you going to grab that 11:30 FP for TT when your window opens, because those morning times go pretty fast on TT. I'm told you can pick it up day of....but it doesn't show as much as Soarin or even FEA.

FP TT...that's the ride that goes down the most at EPCOT. I'm told till about 10am, Soarin and FEA only have waits till about 30-45 minutes. I'm going to RD FEA. I've decided to not do Soarin. I've got some wonderful advice from the DISers, but knowing how I work myself up over my fears, I wouldn't be able to enjoy the ride and give it justice. They say Soarin as a 4th FP isn't hard to get at all. Are you going to grab that 11:30 FP for TT when your window opens, because those morning times go pretty fast on TT. I'm told you can pick it up day of....but it doesn't show as much as Soarin or even FEA.
Yes I think I will grab the TT FP. It will be our 3 rd day so hopefully there will be one.

Yes I think I will grab the TT FP. It will be our 3 rd day so hopefully there will be one.

What I mean is, has your 30 day or 60 day booking window opened for FPs? That's when you want to grab that TT FP...not wait the day of. Now yes, you could very well get the time you're looking for, but you'll have more luck if you book those FPs at the 30 day or 60 day window.

What I mean is, has your 30 day or 60 day booking window opened for FPs? That's when you want to grab that TT FP...not wait the day of. Now yes, you could very well get the time you're looking for, but you'll have more luck if you book those FPs at the 30 day or 60 day window.
No my 60 day opens April 25th.

Most will recommend the FP for TT as that goes down more than the others and if it goes down you get an anytime FP
RD is a toss up between FEA and Soarin'. FEA is often suggested as with 3 screens, the line for Soarin' moves much faster.

I hope I don’t get in trouble again for jumping into a thread but i’m doing a gg ppo res and rd soarin. The night before we plan on doing fea with a fp. The day we’re doing gg I had to use my fp for Hs that evening. Long story short. Out of a evening and the next morning at Epcot. When is the best time to shoot for a standby ride of test track and it be open?

TT has single rider...no FP ever needed really. Take advantage of that. Rarely will you get split up past one vehicle. Id use FP for sorin fir sure!!
The land....IMHO, is one of the best old school attractions at WDW. Just love it!

What we do is close we fast pass Test Track but do a PPO Garden Grill breakfast and head straight down to Soarin.

TT has single rider...no FP ever needed really. Take advantage of that. Rarely will you get split up past one vehicle. Id use FP for sorin fir sure!!
The land....IMHO, is one of the best old school attractions at WDW. Just love it!
I totally forgot about the single rider line! So it is pretty fast using this? I may forget about FP for TT and do the single rider line.

I totally forgot about the single rider line! So it is pretty fast using this? I may forget about FP for TT and do the single rider line.
Yes. We have never waited more than 15 min using single rider. And even if we got split up. It was just the next car. So it works out great.

Not sure how that would work for a family of 5 with three kids
When our kids were young. I’d go first. And almost always one child would get in same car as mine. Then the wife and other child. I always went first that way I could wait right where you get of for the kids. They didn’t care if they rode with us or not. They just were happy they didn’t have to wait long. Lol.

We did Epcot yesterday, we had a Fastpass for Test Track as our 3rd Fastpass from 11:50-12:50 and I was able to book soarin’ at 2:50-3:50 for our 4th Fastpass. We rope dropped FEA with no wait. We were also at Epcot the night before for illuminations and I was able to book a soarin’ for a 6:15-7:15 Fastpass as my 7th Fastpass of the day after our day at Magic Kingdom.
Just a heads up the single rider line at test track was 45 minutes when we used our Fastpass yesterday. It is spring break so it might not always be like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter