The 2009 Yacht & Beach Club FAQ Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I doubt she will even go on the kiddie slide. She thinks it is for babies.

She has even been working extra hard in swim classes so the big slide would be easier for her to do (she rode in September) The Boardwalk pool doesn't really help because we are not fans of "pool hopping" as we like to be near our stuff ~ easy to go to the room because we do have little kids ~ one likes the sandy bottom pool ~ one likes the big slide.

The one that likes the big slide likes Pop Century just as much except no slide. So we spent three times more money and now we still don't have a slide. :mad: We even rebooked our trip to be in warmer weather so we could use the pool/slide MORE. Now we are stuck.

Since your little one is very happy with the pool at Pop, I bet she'll love the pools at SAB and BCV once she's past the momentary disappointment of no "big" slide. She's four after all. She'll follow your lead if you share your excitement about all the other fun things to do at Y&B Club. :goodvibes

I'll be in the lobby Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM (except for my short breaks). Just ask someone if you don't see the old lady standing in the lobby with the long white skirt on. Have a safe trip and I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather. The report I saw tonight looks good!

Thank you! I'll look for you tomorrow and again on Sunday during breaks in my conference. We're coming home late Sunday night because of work and childcare but we'll be back with the kids in August! :banana:

Amanda

No I doubt she will even go on the kiddie slide. She thinks it is for babies.

She has even been working extra hard in swim classes so the big slide would be easier for her to do (she rode in September) The Boardwalk pool doesn't really help because we are not fans of "pool hopping" as we like to be near our stuff ~ easy to go to the room because we do have little kids ~ one likes the sandy bottom pool ~ one likes the big slide.

The one that likes the big slide likes Pop Century just as much except no slide. So we spent three times more money and now we still don't have a slide. :mad: We even rebooked our trip to be in warmer weather so we could use the pool/slide MORE. Now we are stuck.

If the slide is a big deal, BWI I think has the betterslide. Much faster and just a better ride. DH and DD prefer it over SAB slide easily they told me...So maybe you would be happier at BWI? We loved it there last year...Just loved it...

And furthermore, what happened to you happened to us last year. We were booked BWI but they shuttled us to SAB when the BWI slide was down. I found it pretty neat to be able to check out both pools, etc.

I'll be in the lobby Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM (except for my short breaks). Just ask someone if you don't see the old lady standing in the lobby with the long white skirt on. Have a safe trip and I'll keep my fingers crossed for good weather. The report I saw tonight looks good!

One more day!! See you Sunday! Beach Club, here I come!! :woohoo:

Amanda and Misti, have fun!!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

We are going to be at the BC in June for our 25th wedding anniversary. We will be bringing our DD15 and her friend. I am trying to make this a really special trip - one of a kind - and I am debating on changing our ressie from standard to Garden View - Club Level. If I could get a 40% off PIN (and I am trying to!) I think I would do it, but right now our discount is the 35% off deluxe. I know it is only 5% difference, but that equates to $220 difference.

I am trying to do this as budget as I can, but have the best things. Can anyone tell me if the extra money is really worth it. I think it would be nice for the girls to be able to go get food as they want without having to use their card or cash. But is that the only difference???

Are the garden view CL any different from a standard room? Is it really worth it? :confused3

We are going to be at the BC in June for our 25th wedding anniversary. We will be bringing our DD15 and her friend. I am trying to make this a really special trip - one of a kind - and I am debating on changing our ressie from standard to Garden View - Club Level. If I could get a 40% off PIN (and I am trying to!) I think I would do it, but right now our discount is the 35% off deluxe. I know it is only 5% difference, but that equates to $220 difference.

I am trying to do this as budget as I can, but have the best things. Can anyone tell me if the extra money is really worth it. I think it would be nice for the girls to be able to go get food as they want without having to use their card or cash. But is that the only difference???

Are the garden view CL any different from a standard room? Is it really worth it? :confused3

Rooms are the same and standard/garden view, your view could be ok or it could be yucky. You need to do the math and figure out if having breakfast for 4 people each day and all the sodas and snacks and in your case, during the evening, beer, wine, etc. is worth it. If you will be eating breakfast there daily and partaking in the appetizers (5-7 PM) and the desserts/treats at night (8-10 PM), then I personally think with 4 people in the party, it is well worth it.

I am thinking of changing my reservation to the BC. We are on the DxDP, so I know we get the resort mug as a part of our package. Where is there at BC to get and refill our resort mugs? (It's funny the little things are the ones I worry about;))

Thank you!

I am thinking of changing my reservation to the BC. We are on the DxDP, so I know we get the resort mug as a part of our package. Where is there at BC to get and refill our resort mugs? (It's funny the little things are the ones I worry about;))

Thank you!

We bought and refilled our mugs at BC Marketplace (right near the lobby and elevators) last month. We also got refills at Hurricane Hanna's, which is near the pool and the walkway around crescent lake. I mention the walkway because it was a very convenient afternoon refill stop on the way to EPCOT or DHS. I also heard you can get refills at Beaches and Cream, but someone else may be able to confirm that!

Since your little one is very happy with the pool at Pop, I bet she'll love the pools at SAB and BCV once she's past the momentary disappointment of no "big" slide. She's four after all. She'll follow your lead if you share your excitement about all the other fun things to do at Y&B Club. :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

Thanks Teena!

I am wanting to make this trip really special and your tips are helping me so much. We have stayed at Deluxe resorts before, but never BC and I am not sure why we haven't.

If I can get the 40% of PIN I think we will try CL, but if not I think we will stick with the standard room. That $220 I think could be better used somewhere else.

Thanks again! :)

Hi All! My DH and I and our 2 young boys will be staying at the BC Club Level Oct. 22-30. We've stayed Club Level there before and were sent an email from concierge service. Just wondered if they still did this or do I need to call/email them??? Thanks in advance!

Hi All! My DH and I and our 2 young boys will be staying at the BC Club Level Oct. 22-30. We've stayed Club Level there before and had gotten an email from concierge service. Just wondered if they still did this or do I need to call/email them??? Thanks in advance!

Teena,

I just received my confirmation with new water view room. I noticed that it says we now have a deluxe room where as before it said standard room. Are all water view deluxe rooms?

thanks so much.

Teena,

I just received my confirmation with new water view room. I noticed that it says we now have a deluxe room where as before it said standard room. Are all water view deluxe rooms?

thanks so much.

We only have six deluxe rooms and are club level rooms although they are not on the fifth floor.

Did you book club level?

Teena,

I booked CL-Lagoon View and just wanted to make sure that I don't need to request a full balcony. You'd mentioned that there's only one standing balcony on the 5th floor, and it's garden view. I'm only asking because under the CL/LV description on the WDW website it says that the balcony can either be standing or full. Also, are all of the king rooms in that catergory only hanicapped-accessible?

Thanks again,
Katie

You don't have to buy WiFi at the BC. It's available for FREE in the lobby! Just go down there with your laptop/netbook/ipod touch, etc. You will be able to log into the free network as soon as you launch your browser. No password required.

There is no WiFi in the ROOMS, though. If you want internet access from there, you have to use the Ethernet cord provided in the room. It's hanging in the closet. Once you hook up, and launch the browser, you are asked to confirm that you want to connect, at the cost of $9.95 for 24 consecutive hours.

And, although I had read otherwise, the wifi does not extend to SAB area, or very far beyond the lobby proper. I tried to hook up to the WiFi network on my ipod touch while in the gym, and it didn't work. It worked in the lobby, though, as well as the seating area outside of the BC Marketplace.

Thank you! I promised my husband I'd upload photos on a regular basis so he could follow our travels!

All of SAB has free WiFi too. You have to be outside at the pool, not in the gym. Some people actually have trouble in the lobby if they sit in the middle of the lobby and not near the window. It apparently works on the back porch area too.

Thanks Teena - I guess I'll use that quite a bit while the DD wears out the slide before refurbishment!

Teena,

I booked CL-Lagoon View and just wanted to make sure that I don't need to request a full balcony. You'd mentioned that there's only one standing balcony on the 5th floor, and it's garden view. I'm only asking because under the CL/LV description on the WDW website it says that the balcony can either be standing or full. Also, are all of the king rooms in that catergory only hanicapped-accessible?

Thanks again,
Katie

Here's the exact breakdown at the Beach Club. I just called the CL room assignor and confirmed.

There are 3 club level waterview rooms with standing balconies.
There are 5 club level standard/garden rooms with standing balconies.
I can only picture where one of these rooms are but if the room assignor says it is true, it's true.

There is one king bed club level standard/garden view room.
There are two king bed club level waterview rooms.
There are no club level handicap rooms with king beds in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter