The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (APR 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the info! I hear about these movies that are played outside by the pool? Do they use a projector and screen for this? What about this campfire i hear about?

thanks!:goodvibes

Hello,
I just found my CR March 09 Activities sheet and 4 nights they had a campire on the beach followed by a movie. Hopefully they will have it again next month...I can let you know when I get back...

Hi guys,
Had posted this in the cake chatter but thought I might give here a try. Have searched for an answer with no luck. Sorry if this has been covered already. Have been loitering on this thread for some time now!
So...We arrive on Feb 26th. It's my daughter's birthday on March 2nd and I'd really like a cake for her that morning. I've tried being transfered to Contemporary and have spoken to someone in the bakery and private dining, but although very helpful, they said it was too early to order and they didn't have an e-mail for the bakery. There's only 3 weeks to go and I know others have ordered cakes before. I have made a drawing of the cake idea I have and I'd like to connect via e-mail with the bakery, as I know others have. Any idea what to say to get someone to pass the e-mail on to me?:)
I appreciate your time, Anita

Hi Anita...I don't have an answer to your question but I wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in the recent postings.

Does anyone have any info that might help her out? :goodvibes

-Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo,
Heard back from cake chatter. Cakemanbri offered advice! Call the cake line - contemporary - and then asking for bakery e-mail should do the job. I hadn't called the cake hotline as I thought that was only for table service dining requests. Thanks so much for bumping my question! Much appreciated. Anita

We stayed at the CR last April and had a wonderful time. During our stay they were working on the pool area... the main pool was open but they had part blocked off and looked like they might be adding a splash pad or other play area. Can someone point me to pics of the completed pool area? Just curious as to how it looks now. TIA!

Hi guys,
Had posted this in the cake chatter but thought I might give here a try. Have searched for an answer with no luck. Sorry if this has been covered already. Have been loitering on this thread for some time now!
So...We arrive on Feb 26th. It's my daughter's birthday on March 2nd and I'd really like a cake for her that morning. I've tried being transfered to Contemporary and have spoken to someone in the bakery and private dining, but although very helpful, they said it was too early to order and they didn't have an e-mail for the bakery. There's only 3 weeks to go and I know others have ordered cakes before. I have made a drawing of the cake idea I have and I'd like to connect via e-mail with the bakery, as I know others have. Any idea what to say to get someone to pass the e-mail on to me?:)
I appreciate your time, Anita
:cake:Though I haven't used this service and I couldn't find an e-mail, maybe this info. can help you:

Cakes - Specialty Cakes

Dining Extras/Special Experiences

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/celebrations/customizations/

A custom cake can be the icing on your celebration. Choose from a variety of cakes and shapes, personalized for your special occasion. Just give us 48 hours advance notice so we can make your customized creation. Available at most table-service restaurants. To order any custom bakery cake, call the Walt Disney World Resort at (407) 827-2253. Requires advanced reservations.

Birthday/Special Occasion Cakes

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Just_for_kids/birthdays.htm#bc

Restaurants:

Six-inch cakes are available at most Disney full serve restaurants for birthdays and anniversaries. Other cakes are also available and must be ordered in advance by contacting the individual restaurant.

The six inch celebration cake is $21.00 (plus tax and gratuity.) These do not require advance notice and can be requested at the podium of the full serve restaurant.

If you want a personalized, custom made cake, you can order it via the Cake Hotline: 407-827-2253. This requires 48 hours advance notice.

Resorts:
If you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort, you can order a Celebration Cake to be delivered to your room through room service or through the resort guest services.

Special Occasion Cakes

http://www.mousesavers.com/otherwdw.html#cakes

You can order special cakes for delivery to your resort room or to be served after your meal at a Walt Disney World restaurant.

Small decorated cakes (measuring 6"-8", to serve 4-8 people) in chocolate or vanilla can be delivered to your room at any of the Disney Deluxe Resorts. The cost starts at $25 plus tax. The Grand Floridian offers more elaborate cakes at higher prices. Simply call In-Room Dining (room service) from your room phone after arrival.

Small non-personalized decorated cakes (measuring 6", to serve 4-6 people) can be arranged on arrival at all Disney World resort table-service restaurants. Simply ask when you check in at the podium. The cost is $25 plus tax.

Personalized decorated cakes can be preordered to be served after your meal at most Disney World resort table-service restaurants. The cost is $25 plus tax for a 6" cake (serves 4), $30 plus tax for an 8" cake (serves about 8) or $45 plus tax for a 10" cake (serves about 16). Call (407) 827-2253 to make arrangements at least 48 hours in advance.

Is there anywhere to get the hotel activities ahead of time, like the campfires and movies. we are going March 9-16th

thanks

I just booked a trip in October and we'll be staying in the CR for the 1st time. I've always wanted to stay there since I was a kid and with the great pin discount I got, it's finally a dream come true. Part of our reservation confirmation had a complimentary spa thing with it for 1 person. I'll be in Orlando for business, but my DW and DD9 and DD6 will be with us. I was thinking of surprising my wife with the spa certificate, but has anyone else gotten this and what all does it cover? I've only gotten the free mini-golf, planet hollywood vouchers, etc... This is the 1st time we've gotten a spa voucher. I also got a golf voucher, but unfortunately won't have time to play since I will be there on business.

Soooooo after having reservations all over the "world" we have finally decided on a CR MK view and, that's it I am not changing again. This is where I really wanted to be all the time :cool1:. Now I have a few questions.

1. Are the MK views really all the same no matter what end or what floor we end up on? I know to ask for a odd number room but, other than that is it best to leave it up to chance in a better chance of getting the odd room?

2. Please no flaming me for this one. We have family that will probably be staying at the WL. Is it ok for them to watch Wishes in the room with us and then go back to their resort. We are not talking about the pool and such just visiting with us in our room.

3. What time does the boat launch to the WL quit running?

I just booked a trip in October and we'll be staying in the CR for the 1st time. I've always wanted to stay there since I was a kid and with the great pin discount I got, it's finally a dream come true. Part of our reservation confirmation had a complimentary spa thing with it for 1 person. I'll be in Orlando for business, but my DW and DD9 and DD6 will be with us. I was thinking of surprising my wife with the spa certificate, but has anyone else gotten this and what all does it cover? I've only gotten the free mini-golf, planet hollywood vouchers, etc... This is the 1st time we've gotten a spa voucher. I also got a golf voucher, but unfortunately won't have time to play since I will be there on business.
Have a great time. :thumbsup2

Soooooo after having reservations all over the "world" we have finally decided on a CR MK view and, that's it I am not changing again. This is where I really wanted to be all the time :cool1:. Now I have a few questions.

1. Are the MK views really all the same no matter what end or what floor we end up on? I know to ask for a odd number room but, other than that is it best to leave it up to chance in a better chance of getting the odd room?

2. Please no flaming me for this one. We have family that will probably be staying at the WL. Is it ok for them to watch Wishes in the room with us and then go back to their resort. We are not talking about the pool and such just visiting with us in our room.

3. What time does the boat launch to the WL quit running?
I personally think the MK views are the same no matter what floor your staying on, although others might think the opposite. So I guess it depends on what each person thinks.

2. There is nothing wrong with them watching Wishes from your room.

3. The boat runs from 6:45 AM - 11:30 PM.

I am so excited I just updated my reg. garden wing room to a deluxe garden wing room and still saved 897.69 with the new room discount. The room only code has been extended through most of the summer.

I am so excited I just updated my reg. garden wing room to a deluxe garden wing room and still saved 897.69 with the new room discount. The room only code has been extended through most of the summer.
Congratulations!

Yes, the room-only public discount has been extended through August 14th, 2010.

We were able to get the discount too and upgraded to Atrium Club level and we still saved some money!! This is awesome. Now, I just wanted to clarify - both club levels have the same services, just one is on a higher floor and has more suites? Also, can I request a MK view with Atrium Club?

Thanks in advance!

We were able to get the discount too and upgraded to Atrium Club level and we still saved some money!! This is awesome. Now, I just wanted to clarify - both club levels have the same services, just one is on a higher floor and has more suites? Also, can I request a MK view with Atrium Club?

Thanks in advance!
Yes both floors offer the same services and food offerings. Also with the Atrium Club floor you make a reservation for the Magic Kingdom View or Bay Lake View, so you don't request it which means you should have a specific view reserved right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter