The ALL NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (APR 2009)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60
Have a great trip!! I would be curious about the locks on the sliders in the tower. Does it have a lock at the top? DD16 has been sleepwalking, and I do worry a bit with those balconies.

Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Since you asked...

The Olympiad gym was closed for awhile for a rehab and was supposed to have re-opened recently. I would love to see a photo!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by lissiesmum
I was reading on another thread about someone who asked about the CR campfire, and I was wondering the same thing myself. DD and I attended the one at the GF last April and it was one of the highlights of our trip! We roasted marshmallows, and instead of a singalong, they played some great music and had all the kids dancing on the beach, including the line dances like the YMCA etc. I was hoping the CR also had this. I remember reading something awhile back about the CR having a campfire and singalong, but no one mentions it. (and I'm not talking about the one over at Fort Wilderness with CHip and Dale). If you are going in the near future, could you check this out, and let me know what time the festivities begin? It was so much fun at the GF, I'm hoping to continue the tradition at the CR

We are here and having a great time!!!

To answer your question about the locks, there are 2 on the door, one about a foot from the top and one on the handle. I have attached pictures.

There isn't any campfire here at the CR but they do show movies on the beach.

I have also attached pictures of the gym. Excuse the picture of my husband in the mirror taking the picture ;)

Hopefully this answers all your questions :)

goodlock.jpg

lock3.jpg

lock2.jpg

gym2.jpg

gym.jpg

gym6.jpg

gym5.jpg

gym4.jpg

gym3.jpg

gym1.jpg

gym7.jpg

That is Bay Lake. The other is MK view Atrium Club.

Thanks for clarifying!!

Originally Posted by tinkerbell60
Have a great trip!! I would be curious about the locks on the sliders in the tower. Does it have a lock at the top? DD16 has been sleepwalking, and I do worry a bit with those balconies.

Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Since you asked...

The Olympiad gym was closed for awhile for a rehab and was supposed to have re-opened recently. I would love to see a photo!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by lissiesmum
I was reading on another thread about someone who asked about the CR campfire, and I was wondering the same thing myself. DD and I attended the one at the GF last April and it was one of the highlights of our trip! We roasted marshmallows, and instead of a singalong, they played some great music and had all the kids dancing on the beach, including the line dances like the YMCA etc. I was hoping the CR also had this. I remember reading something awhile back about the CR having a campfire and singalong, but no one mentions it. (and I'm not talking about the one over at Fort Wilderness with CHip and Dale). If you are going in the near future, could you check this out, and let me know what time the festivities begin? It was so much fun at the GF, I'm hoping to continue the tradition at the CR

We are here and having a great time!!!

To answer your question about the locks, there are 2 on the door, one about a foot from the top and one on the handle. I have attached pictures.

There isn't any campfire here at the CR but they do show movies on the beach.

I have also attached pictures of the gym. Excuse the picture of my husband in the mirror taking the picture ;)

Hopefully this answers all your questions :)

goodlock.jpg

lock3.jpg

lock2.jpg

gym2.jpg

gym.jpg

gym6.jpg

gym5.jpg

gym4.jpg

gym3.jpg

gym1.jpg

gym7.jpg

Thanks so much for posting the pictures and checking on these things while on your vacation!! It is great appreciated. Have a great time!!!!!!

Something i just thought of. During summer, at what time does the water parade pass by on the 7 seas lagoon side of the tower? Or will we have to go to the beach on the bay lake side? I know it passes infront of MK right asft6er wishes then goes to GF then poly then?????? I think thats how it was.

thanks!

I asked this in an earlier post, but it was buried in my post and may have gotten missed. With my package I booked, I got 1 Spa voucher. My wife doesn't know about it so I was going to surprise her with it. Does anyone know what is all included? It's itemized on my vacation details along with the standard Planet Hollywood Voucher, Mini Golf Voucher, etc....

Leafsgirl36 (and Mr. Leafsgirl36):

Thank you so much for posting the photos of the Olympiad gym:); it looks so empty (people-wise). I feel like some treadmills are missing:confused3.

Where exactly is it located now?

Hope you're having a great vacation. We've been busy shoveling out from record snow here in VA:scared1:.

I asked this in an earlier post, but it was buried in my post and may have gotten missed. With my package I booked, I got 1 Spa voucher. My wife doesn't know about it so I was going to surprise her with it. Does anyone know what is all included? It's itemized on my vacation details along with the standard Planet Hollywood Voucher, Mini Golf Voucher, etc....

this is from mousesaver about the spa voucher
Niki Bryan Spa Discount - 15% off the regular price of any body treatment or water therapy at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa or Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. (Massage, facial and hand and food treatments excluded. Age restrictions apply.)

So it's only a discount voucher? There's no description in my itemized package description. They make it sound like it's a free spa treatment (massage) or something like that. Thanks for looking that up for me.

Leafsgirl36 (and Mr. Leafsgirl36):

Thank you so much for posting the photos of the Olympiad gym:); it looks so empty (people-wise). I feel like some treadmills are missing:confused3.

Where exactly is it located now?

Hope you're having a great vacation. We've been busy shoveling out from record snow here in VA:scared1:.

Our vacation is going wonderful....having a blast!!!! My husband said he took pictures of all the treadmills,the only thing he didn't take a picture of was all the bikes as there were a couple of people on the bikes. The gym is on the 3rd floor.

Your welcome....we are having a blast...took a ton of pictures. If there is anything else you want to see pictures of we are leaving tomorrow so I will need to know before then. :)
I actually have a question for you. Have you had any problems with the Monorails because this past December there were three seperate problems my family and I encountered with the Resort Monorail, so just wondering how your experience with them have been?

I actually have a question for you. Have you had any problems with the Monorails because this past December there were three seperate problems my family and I encountered with the Resort Monorail, so just wondering how your experience with them have been?

We haven't encountered any problems with the monorails at all. They have been running steady since we have been here and we used them everytime we went out.

We haven't encountered any problems with the monorails at all. They have been running steady since we have been here and we used them everytime we went out.
Thanks for that information and it's great you haven't had any problems. Hopefully when we are back there this August we won't either, although considering all the other times we went nothing was wrong the last time might have been just bad luck.

Saturday night we had multiple problems with monorail Gold. The power went out twice. They had to reset the system. The driver didn't get the monorail lined up properly at one stop and the doors wouldn't open. That was on our outbound trip. We were half an hour late for our ADR. On the way home we got stuck with Gold again -- more problems! The audio was all messed up and kept saying "aloha" at the GF etc. They had to reset the system again. We avoided Gold for the rest of the trip and were fine.

Saturday night we had multiple problems with monorail Gold. The power went out twice. They had to reset the system. The driver didn't get the monorail lined up properly at one stop and the doors wouldn't open. That was on our outbound trip. We were half an hour late for our ADR. On the way home we got stuck with Gold again -- more problems! The audio was all messed up and kept saying "aloha" at the GF etc. They had to reset the system again. We avoided Gold for the rest of the trip and were fine.
Wow I never heard that happening before. This past December while we were on the Resort Monorail I thought I smelled something weird, so after we stopped at the TTC we were told to get off and 20 minutes later they finally decide to take that Monorail out of service and let the one behind it on the tracks come in the station. Then a few days later while we were leaving the Polynesian we were told the whole Resort Monorail line was down. So instead of walking to the TTC, getting on the Express Monorail and walking back from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary, we were able to get a Taxi ride which was comped for us so we didn't need to pay for it.

Wow I never heard that happening before. This past December while we were on the Resort Monorail I thought I smelled something weird, so after we stopped at the TTC we were told to get off and 20 minutes later they finally decide to take that Monorail out of service and let the one behind it on the tracks come in the station. Then a few days later while we were leaving the Polynesian we were told the whole Resort Monorail line was down. So instead of walking to the TTC, getting on the Express Monorail and walking back from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary, we were able to get a Taxi ride which was comped for us so we didn't need to pay for it.

It was weird on Saturday (and just our luck to get Gold twice that night). Everybody on our second trip was talking about how Gold had been messed up. Some thought they were training a new driver, which would explain the problem with having to back up to get the doors to open at the right spot, but wouldn't explain the power and audio problems. It was very funny to hear the audio for the Polynesian at the GF station and so on. Several first timers were confused though and we had to tell them where to exit.

We didn't let it bother us too much though. We just joked the rest of the weekend about avoiding Gold. The other monorails were fine and fast. No delays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter