The Amazing Race starts tonight

I agree. it's kind of funny, my kids say, "OMG, he's just like Dad!" Which he is--I wonder if he's an engineer. In my case, though, I don't tolerate that crap, but, of course, I know my DH. Spcecifically, my DH likes to brag about how great his sense of direction is. He's the only one who believes that--he gets lost so easily, yet he persists in saying he has this great sense of direction.
Like my DH too who is an actuary. Lol.

I hope this isn't considered a spoiler, but I heard a rumor that these folks were going to be a Survivor cast. Then they were told they were doing AR instead. It's kind of refreshing that not everyone on the show knows how to read maps, etc etc. Bet there's even some that can't drive stick shifts, or herd animals. Everyone was getting so accomplished in the last many seasons so maybe they do need to switch it up occasionally.
Becca and Floyd posted an episode recap. At the end Floyd said he was eligible to apply for the first time this year, so he applied with someone else from his marching band and at some point they told him they only wanted him as a single. Becca auditioned 5 years ago with her brother, someone in casting remembered her and contacted her to participate as a single.

Becca and Floyd posted an episode recap. At the end Floyd said he was eligible to apply for the first time this year, so he applied with someone else from his marching band and at some point they told him they only wanted him as a single. Becca auditioned 5 years ago with her brother, someone in casting remembered her and contacted her to participate as a single.

eligible? How young is he?

What a confusing episode. Is TAR trying to frustrate us with editing?

I found this episode to be somewhat boring, and whine, whine...

Albeit, Michael, and Liz back on track; Becca, and Floyd coming in 1st was great! :)

Last edited:
It was a little confusing in that Ashton and Vanck took forever to get to FF box and then to get to first task. Why were they on a boat before all that.... the boat they had to take to get to Phil? I missed something maybe. Was half watching and half doing some stuff around the house.

Even though he is a home-town boy, I was glad to see Ashton and Vanck go. Horrible mismatch with those two.

I love Team Fun and uh...the name escapes me now. The team that won first last week.

It was a little confusing in that Ashton and Vanck took forever to get to FF box and then to get to first task. Why were they on a boat before all that.... the boat they had to take to get to Phil? I missed something maybe. Was half watching and half doing some stuff around the house.
This was confusing. They were suppose to do both tasks, since they were U-turned. They never showed them at the Rock climbing road block, or did they. I taped it, so I am going to rewatch it.

This was confusing. They were suppose to do both tasks, since they were U-turned. They never showed them at the Rock climbing road block, or did they. I taped it, so I am going to rewatch it.

They did show them rock climbing. The girl did the climb.

Also how I said up thread that Vanck was a little like my actuary DH. When Vanck got on the dinner train thing he took his hat off and looked around in dismay and said he felt a little underdressed. That is my DH to a T. We cruise Carnival and one time I made him go to the dining room for lunch. He was in shorts with a hat on and he freaked out...this is Carnival mind you. He was uncomfortable the whole time and said he wanted to stick to buffet for lunch from then on. He didn't want to shower and dress up until dinner time and he didn't think it proper to eat in MDR with shorts and hat...for lunch...on Carnival. LOL. He has relaxed since and we have gone a couple more times, to lunch and breakfast in the MDR.

Did anyone else find it kind of mean that they were going after Vanck and Ashton (i think that's her name?) It felt an awful lot like high school. Even the youngest team, becca and Floyd were kind of uncomfortable I think.

I would think you would WANT a weaker team in the race so you have a better chance of beating them later on. Lets face it Vanck and Ashton were not a strong team. They were bickering, were not very strong etc. and they would eventually implode and get eliminated on their own. They should have gone after and U-turned one of the stronger teams like the boys (redmond and the surfer), or the guy from Boston and that girl. Try to get rid of a strong team. It was so weird to me how they all were acting so cliquey. In the end, you do not want to be racing against a strong team. It's not a popularity contest. Try to get rid of the strong and keep the weaker teams in. Seems so simple, but their strategy seemed to be, "lets keep the cool kids!"

Cant stand the girl who falls apart at every challenge. She complains and whines and says over and over "I can't do it" while sobbing. Then she does it and starts jumping up and down saying, 'I did it! I climbed up there! Yay!" Reminds me of a toddler. Her partner seems a little snarky too.

Did anyone else find it kind of mean that they were going after Vanck and Ashton (i think that's her name?) It felt an awful lot like high school. Even the youngest team, becca and Floyd were kind of uncomfortable I think.

I would think you would WANT a weaker team in the race so you have a better chance of beating them later on. Lets face it Vanck and Ashton were not a strong team. They were bickering, were not very strong etc. and they would eventually implode and get eliminated on their own. They should have gone after and U-turned one of the stronger teams like the boys (redmond and the surfer), or the guy from Boston and that girl. Try to get rid of a strong team. It was so weird to me how they all were acting so cliquey. In the end, you do not want to be racing against a strong team. It's not a popularity contest. Try to get rid of the strong and keep the weaker teams in. Seems so simple, but their strategy seemed to be, "lets keep the cool kids!"

Cant stand the girl who falls apart at every challenge. She complains and whines and says over and over "I can't do it" while sobbing. Then she does it and starts jumping up and down saying, 'I did it! I climbed up there! Yay!" Reminds me of a toddler. Her partner seems a little snarky too.

In reference to your last sentence, imagine being in HIS runners! :faint:

I'm not clicking the link. Obviously the racers have to get their own immunizations. But there is time for the racers to get the paperwork in order in advance. If someone auditions for survivor and production thinks they would be better suited for AR, they are given instructions on what to do and to get a partner (if it's not a blind date/perfect stranger season) or they can decline. It's not as though someone thinks they are getting on a plane to be on survivor and they're diverted to the amazing race starting line.
Nobody is forcing anybody to click on any link, even one included to provide support for a statement. It should be possible to Google 16 things you didn't know about The Amazing Race at have that article appear. Not how I got there, but that way there's no issue with links

As for spoilers, well, I'm the one who first suggested in this thread using the spoiler featue. I know you front know me, but it's unlikely I would then link to a spoiler.

Plus, the link is from 2015 :)
Why not click on the link? It's not a spoiler.
:thumbsup2:
I think I read a while back they get visa's they won't actually be using in order to keep them on their toes.
Well, that makes sense.
They should have gone after and U-turned one of the stronger teams like the boys (redmond and the surfer), or the guy from Boston and that girl.
Whinier isn't necessarily weakest. I think those teams want to get rid of the complainers first, then ideally work to eliminate the strong teams.

I hate when the teams gang up on any team. I also hate that the way the played the U turn. I wish they would change the rules. That once a team has made it to the U turn they can't be U turned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter