The Annual Pass thread - information and questions

Discussion in 'Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board' started by katiesam, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ang2383

ang2383 Earning My Ears

Thanks for your reply! I had no idea it will be cheaper to book for 1 person versus two. So to confirm, book the room for 1 person, and then when I check in, add the second person? I don't know why Disney Paris makes it so difficult to book their hotels using the discount. I also don't understand why you can't book room only on their site. They sure don't make it easy to stay at Disney.

2. chelynnah

chelynnah DIS Veteran

Check out the online offers, then before you book phone and see what the room only offer is for your level. If the online offer is better then yes, just book the online offer for 1 person and add the second person at check in. If the room only price is better book it for both people.

It can also be worth checking the other countries' websites as each has different offers. If you find a better offer with another country you can either book it through that website or call and ask to be put through to that country's call centre and book it there, again, if it's a package and you have AP's, then just book it for 1 person and add the second at check-in.

And yes, they don't make it easy, but the CM I spoke to when I booked couldn't have been more helpful :). Good luck.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. chelynnah

chelynnah DIS Veteran

OK, if you have an annual pass and call to get a room quote, that quote is for the room only, with no tickets. The price is the room price. There will be a difference of a couple of £ or Euros per night because of room tax for the number of people, but the set room rate is the same no matter how many people are in it. There is no reason to just book 1 person and add the other later because you aren't booking a package where they're charging you for tickets you don't need.

Check out the package prices online before calling to find out what they would be. Price them up for 1 person at the room level and hotel you would like. If it turns out the package (even with the tickets included) price is cheaper than your room only discounted price, then THAT is when you book for only one person (so you only pay for 1 set of tickets), and add the second at check in. The Annual Pass discount changes throughout the year, so there's no way to know for sure which is cheaper, but from other people's experience, often the package deals are the better way to go.

5. HikingBelle

HikingBelle Mouseketeer

Hi all!

I'm just starting to research the new DLP annual pass structure. Any tips from veteran AP holders now with this new structure? And is sponsorship a thing of the past, now that there are 4 tiers at new pricing?

Thanks!

6. chelynnah

chelynnah DIS Veteran

Sponsorship is still around, but I haven't done it so don't know if it's any different. When renewing generally it's now only 4 months extra instead of 6

We are renewing this week. We are going for the one below infinity. We don't go during Hallowe'en or Christmas and those are the only blackout dates. Yes we go down to 10% in shops instead of 20 but we decided that the amount we'd have to spend to make a difference probably wouldn't be spent even though we do spend a lot

7. HikingBelle

HikingBelle Mouseketeer

Thank you!

chelynnah likes this.
  8. Clopin Au Chocolat

Clopin Au Chocolat Once a year we turn all Paris upside-down...

Quick newb question: do you think the Magic Flex would be the best deal for one adult who is eager to avoid school holidays? (I like to avoid the crowds when I can!) Just trying to decide between all the different kinds of AP and 300 days seems like it's a much better deal than the 150 offered with the Discovery pass.

9. ColoradoK

ColoradoK Mouseketeer

Hi, I am looking to get APs through the mail-in forms. I cannot seem to find how long it will take, and if I send it now, when does my year begin? Once I first use it? Once they issue it? I live in Europe already so transit time might be less than to the States.

Also, the pictures I am supposed to attach...just like a passport photo? Does anyone know the official size? Are there restrictions like plain background, no smiling, no Mouse Ears, etc?

Thanks in advance.

10. HikingBelle

HikingBelle Mouseketeer

Hello all! Planning our return visit to DLP this spring, and I'm trying to figure out what will be the cheapest hotel dates. I've looked at the calendar from the brochure, but that does not seem to correspond with discounts I'm getting from the phone number. Anyone have any tricks of how to have an idea of when would be cheapest before calling and comparing? Many thanks.

11. netimka

netimka DIS Veteran

hello:flower1: just an update re applying for AP via post, I have just done it and it was just under 3 weeks...

Tuesday 29.01 posted from UK via Royal Mail International Track + Sign
    Monday 4.02 it was delivered to DLP and on Thursday 7th I could see pending transaction on my credit card
    and APs arrived here yesterday 15.02 and we had to signed for them as well here

also to add I was applying for AP for hubby and son and used my shareholders discount for them no issues

hth

Ware Bears and chelynnah like this.
  12. Proud Cheapskate

Proud Cheapskate Earning My Ears

I know the cheapest AP used to have a restriction where you couldn't use if for the first couple of days after you bought it. I haven't seen that restriction listed on the new ones, is that correct?

13. chelynnah

chelynnah DIS Veteran

I’m pretty sure it’s still there for the base level one. Hopefully someone else can confirm

14. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

Yes, it is. The info is rather hidden on the website. You need to click on "view validity period" and then underneath the calender ist says: The Discovery Annual Pass doesn’t allow the access to the 2 Disney Parks the 2nd and 3rd days of validity of the Definitive Annual Pass, as well as the days of restrictions as indicated above.