The app currently says there's a 45 minute wait for LITTLE MERMAID?

We leave for our trip tomorrow so I've been watching wait times on the app and they've all seen so much higher the past couple days 😬. We have Genie+ since we have two kids under 4 so trying to minimize wait times. Even the LL return times seem to be 2-4 hours out on a lot of rides that reviews often say have instant returns.

Is this for real?! I've never even seen what I'd consider a real wait for this attraction, lol. Are there schools off this week or something?

Yep! It’s Presidents’ Week for many school districts. Unofficially called “ski week” sometimes. More and more school districts are doing one solid week off in February instead of two three-day weekends.

yes we just got back and it seemed to be getting busier when we left yesterday. Little mermaid was about 30 min on Monday through out the day and on nights. But it will at some point go back to 5 min( walk on). We never get on it unless it goes back to walk on. I do think by Saturday it will be better, but you can never predict.

Is this for real?! I've never even seen what I'd consider a real wait for this attraction, lol. Are there schools off this week or something?

Its a 10/10 week at ever park this week. Not surprised by those times. President's Day week rivaled Christmas Week even before COVID! It will level back off to just normal crazy next week, probably Sunday even.

Just a heads up about Saturday... there's a Cheer competition at the convention center and I believe they can purchase discounted DL tickets. I arrive on Sunday and I'm expecting it to still be busy.

Thanks for the heads up, but we normally visit during the cheer competition week, so I have seen it before. Our first park day is Sunday.

I dont see any availability for reservations for magic key or new tickets even.

Just a heads up about Saturday... there's a Cheer competition at the convention center and I believe they can purchase discounted DL tickets. I arrive on Sunday and I'm expecting it to still be busy.
I was one of those cheerleaders back in the day... :wave2:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as they contribute less than you think to crowd levels. Because of the competition aspect of the weekend, the cheerleaders get to be in the parks for only a few hours. But of course, they will bring the "unaware-of-surroundings/inconsiderate" teenager energy, so I would prepare more for that.

I was one of those cheerleaders back in the day... :wave2:

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised as they contribute less than you think to crowd levels. Because of the competition aspect of the weekend, the cheerleaders get to be in the parks for only a few hours. But of course, they will bring the "unaware-of-surroundings/inconsiderate" teenager energy, so I would prepare more for that.
Thanks for sharing that! I've done Grad Nites days in the parks, so I can handle teenagers here and there. But it's comforting to know it won't be wall to wall teenagers like I'm attending Grad Nites. 😆

It was definitely very crowded yesterday.

And today I am seeing a LOT of dance or cheer groups roaming en masse. So today at least they are contributing to the crowds.

And today I am seeing a LOT of dance or cheer groups roaming en masse. So today at least they are contributing to the crowds.
Thanks for the crowd update! I looked it up and the competition ends at 2pm on Sunday, so I expect it may be much of the same in the afternoon.

Yep, I saw lots today too. I was pleasantly surprised that all the groups I saw seemed very respectful and weren’t extra loud or anything. So they may contribute to crowds, but they aren’t causing any problems that I saw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter