• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The attraction you used to love, but is now just eh.

Interesting question. I do think that some attractions have a much higher repeatability factor than others. I've been going since the 70s and there are things that I still enjoy and others that I do because I'm there but if I miss them, it's no big deal.

I'd put Splash Mountain on that list. It's a great ride but it's just not worth getting wet. If they would change the end so that you didn't get soaked, I'd be happy to ride it, but until that happens (which it never will), I'm out. It's probably been 5-10 years since we've been on it.

I definitely don't enjoy Test Track nearly as much since they changed it and took away the whole story line. The ride itself is exactly the same but the overall experience is missing.

Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor is probably one. It's a pretty similar show each time so after you've heard all of the basic jokes numerous times, it just isn't as funny. There's always some new stuff thrown in but it still gets a little stale.

Dinosaur. I haven't ridden it the last two times. I am so over it. Star Tours has gotten just ok. Looking forward to seeing Illuminations go as well. I have skipped it the last few times.

I'm over Star Tours too.
Especially now that it seems that there is only ONE film after the Last Jedi came out. It was OK when there was some variety, but I went 2-3 times in WDW in Dec/Jan and it was the same film and I went once in DL last month and it was the same film as WDW.

- Soarin' - I could do the old one 10 times a day. My last trip I didn't even do the new one. I have no interest in curved buildings.

- Test Track - Use to be multiple times a trip. Now I might do it once every other trip.

- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - I don't know why but I've kinda lost my love for this one. I hope it comes back.

- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin - I used to do this one like 3 times within the first hour of my family's Magic Kingdom days. But I haven't been on it in probably five years.

- Space Mountain - Same story as Buzz. Tomorrowland used to be the place we spent the most time. But these days I'm there for a couple spins on the TTA, and maybe a viewing of the CoP.

Last edited:

- Soarin' - I could do the old one 10 times a day. My last trip I didn't even do the new one. I have no interest in cartoon animals and curved buildings.

I saw this tee-shirt in Disneyland last month:

1212730_3.jpg

My son and I watched a video of COP before we went, and agreed we could skip that one. When we got to MK, we both changed our minds and couldn't wait to see it. I guess it just depends on what mood you're in that day. (And of course, we knew the song...)

We don’t go to disney often like many people I see here, but I went 3 times to Disneyland and once to Disney Paris (when it was called euro Disney) all as a child. I don’t remember a lot but It’s a small world was my favorite. Last 2 trips to WDW going on IASW was more meh.. I was trying to have my kids now be more excited about IASWbecause I was, as a child their age, but they didn’t seem to take.

I’ll still go on it every time I visit just because of the song being stuck in my head from when I was a kid and brings back some memories.
Splash and space mountain on the other hand are still favorites.

Last edited:
My son was seven on our most recent trip in November; he's been spoiled by having been to WDW and DL seven times in his life.

IASW was one of our first rides on that trip and when we pulled in to the dock to unload he said, "You know, that was....okay." And it was the first-ever glimpse of him finding something at Disney World not completely amazing. Sigh. Stay away, you cynical teen years!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter