The Best World of Color Viewing Spots

I mean, if Disney realizes there is a need for a stamp for those with low vision to sit in the front of a show (aladdin, lion king, nemo the musical, etc) why wouldn't they have the same accomodations for WOC, illuminations, etc?

but then again, who knows what they will have come oct 9?

:sad2::sad2: I am back home.

I had a great time. I really enjoyed the FS I did the desert pkg and it was worth every penny and I also did the WOC dinner and got up to the railing in front of the Mickey wheel and the Paridise sign. What a great show.

I got in last Sunday morning and checked into the Disneyland hotel and I asked if they had any free room upgrades and the cm asked if I celeberting anything I told her that this was my 50th bb present to myself. She left for a couple of minute and I was upgraded to the 9th floor in the Adventure land tower looking over downtown Disney.

:sad2::sad2: I am back home.

I had a great time. I really enjoyed the FS I did the desert pkg and it was worth every penny and I also did the WOC dinner and got up to the railing in front of the Mickey wheel and the Paridise sign. What a great show.

I got in last Sunday morning and checked into the Disneyland hotel and I asked if they had any free room upgrades and the cm asked if I celeberting anything I told her that this was my 50th bb present to myself. She left for a couple of minute and I was upgraded to the 9th floor in the Adventure land tower looking over downtown Disney.

Congratulations on the "Pixie Dust"----AND, on having a great experience for both shows!

Sounds like you had a great Birthday::yes::!

I mean, if Disney realizes there is a need for a stamp for those with low vision to sit in the front of a show (aladdin, lion king, nemo the musical, etc) why wouldn't they have the same accomodations for WOC, illuminations, etc?

but then again, who knows what they will have come oct 9?

I totally agree! I have been to WDW a few times and I used the GAC for FOTLK, Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, Fantasmic and a few other shows. The difference though is that these shows all have seats and when I presented my GAC they knew exactly where to put me...right up front in the designated HC area where the first few benches were roped off or guarded by a CM. But the problem with WOC is that everyone is standing the entire time. Fantasmic @ DL everyone is sitting down so you're not blocking the view of the wheelchairs. Even when it comes to parades and fireworks, it's a non-issue because I'm looking up at the fireworks or I take a seat along the curb to see a parade.
I love WOC but it's definitely added stress in trying to find just the right area so I can enjoy the show.
I will have a red/white cane with me so instead of presenting a GAC (I didn't use the cane before) I'm hoping the CM's will be more inclined to help me.
Since we will be seeing the show around the same time, it will be interesting to see how our experiences panned out.

ETA: I realize things may change after October 9th but I honestly don't think it will be any different. At least for a while.

shock: thank you so much for your response. it feels good to have someone else understand!
I thought fantasmic at DL didn't have an arena of seats. I thought it was mostly standing, also.
we only tried the GAC once for illuminations. never for fantasmic at dhollywood studios. the last time we saw fantasmic, my husband's eyes weren't as bad as they are now. so we are new to this whole thing anyway.
it will be interesting to compare. thanks and I hope you have fun on your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter