The Best World of Color Viewing Spots

Are there any good viewing spots where you can sit down? My dad has issues with his feet and he missed out on a good view of WOC last time because he couldn't take standing in one place for so long. He actually left the viewing area to sit on a bench where he was able to see the show with a very obstructed view. He doesn't mind standing for the show, but for the wait time before the show, it's really hard for him, especially after a long day of walking.

I'm not sure about WOC having spots for folks who don't see well. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be best to just get a FP and line up really early and get a good spot in front like I would anyway (I'm thinking about when my mom is with us - she has an eye disease that causes macular degeneration among other things, and at 62, she's about 30 years in, so she has very little sight left at this point). That might be the best option.

As for areas to sit, there are some seats if you have a GAC. You can sit, on the ground, while you wait for the show. That's pretty much what everyone does.

Are there any good viewing spots where you can sit down? My dad has issues with his feet and he missed out on a good view of WOC last time because he couldn't take standing in one place for so long. He actually left the viewing area to sit on a bench where he was able to see the show with a very obstructed view. He doesn't mind standing for the show, but for the wait time before the show, it's really hard for him, especially after a long day of walking.

I would speak to a CM, well before World of Color begins, explain the issue, and see what they recommend/or can help you with, in finding a seat for your Dad:)!

If they can't do anything, he could at least wait somewhere on a seat, and then right before the show, he could meet you at your viewing spot(make sure he knows where you will be!)

Good Luck!

I would speak to a CM, well before World of Color begins, explain the issue, and see what they recommend/or can help you with, in finding a seat for your Dad:)!

If they can't do anything, he could at least wait somewhere on a seat, and then right before the show, he could meet you at your viewing spot(make sure he knows where you will be!)

Good Luck!

That is what I would recommend.

:wizard:

Good Luck!

This is a good idea. Thanks!

This is what I did for my mom.. She has trouble walking up hill, distances and standing since her 3rd open heart surgery.. We get her a GAC card and use it when she needs it.. I ask a CM if there was a place she could sit and with her GAC card she was able to sit on the benches they move in the viewing area.. Now all 3 of us were with her in the handicap section BUT only guest with GAC cards could sit on the bench.. Me and dd stood.. I would still get there early to get a spot to sit..

This is what I did for my mom.. She has trouble walking up hill, distances and standing since her 3rd open heart surgery.. We get her a GAC card and use it when she needs it.. I ask a CM if there was a place she could sit and with her GAC card she was able to sit on the benches they move in the viewing area.. Now all 3 of us were with her in the handicap section BUT only guest with GAC cards could sit on the bench.. Me and dd stood.. I would still get there early to get a spot to sit..

Oh we did get fast passes for the yellow viewing section and we had a choice of handicap sitting.. Wet zone like 2nd tier( not on the water) or very top.. We chose wet zone and didn't even get a sprinkle.. I was a great spot

Thanks for the tip!

Idk if my dad would want to make such a fuss. He's never had any major surgeries or anything like that, so he wouldn't want to take advantage of any special privileges. I'll talk to him, and we'll figure something out.

I finally got to experience the full majesty of WoC. Last year when we visited, I was a little gun shy taking my Nikon DSLR down into the full wet zone and instead we stuck to the lowest center level reserved section at the railing on the 2nd tier. This means you are just "slightly" off center. I couldn't have imagined what a difference is made by getting exactly centered for this show until I saw it with my own eyes.

For this trip, I got a special lens filtering system for my Nikon 14mm which allowed me to put a clear UV filter on it so I wouldn't need to worry about water. This time, the D800e took a trip down into the wet zone and what a difference there is from being at the front rail centered with the mist screens.

When you get the projection screens aligned the rear curtain becomes completely seamless; but, what is more impressive is how three dimensional the show becomes. There are several moments in the show where the mist screens are working at two levels and the fountains are in play around and between them. Simply amazing. The Old Mill during Little April Showers sequence dropped my jaw each night from front row center. Zurg shooting at Buzz from the rear curtain to the front with the red fountain explosion is another great example of the depth at play.

One night we were about 50ft off center while still at the front rail and this illusion falls apart. While the show is very impressive from anywhere in the front, this further confirms the limited viewing angle to get the full potential out of WoC.

Congratulations Steve Davidson. World of Color is a masterpiece. It is now easily my favorite nighttime spectacular, taking the place of the wonderful Magic, Music, and Mayhem from Magic Kingdom's Pirates and Princess Party. *please note, I still need to see Remember. That is coming up for us in a few months.

How did you get such awesome seats? FP (and, if so, what color?) What time did you get in line and what time was the show? And about what number are you at according to Hydroguy's map? That sounds really awesome!

How did you get such awesome seats? FP (and, if so, what color?) What time did you get in line and what time was the show? And about what number are you at according to Hydroguy's map? That sounds really awesome!

You just need a Blue FP and get there very early so you can get to the very front rail in the middle.

Unfortunately, like most things - you got to be patient and focused to get what you want. The ideal spot (IMHO) is on Hydro's map in this thread and is the green start that bisects the show centerline in the then labeled red zone - now blue zone.

What I'm about to explain is the most important part of WoC viewing - the wet zone is pretty much a free for all; but, you should treat it like having an Ace in the Hole when it comes to reserved dinning. The real issue is that the cast members who run the show all of a differing understanding of who goes where and how it's supposed to work. Once you are in the wet zone, they let the various groups (yellow/blue/reserved) mix. My advice, is if you want the opportunity to get the prime location - use the reserved dinning AND line up early. This is much, much easier to do for the 2nd show vs. the first.

When you arrive before they start letting people in, go to the reserved section and let them know that you want to be placed in a specific location - the wet zone down in front of the reserved section. Let them know you want the opportunity to go in before they let Yellow and Blue go in and they will let you. If they initially say no, have them ask a team lead and they will confirm that reserved dinning has first dibs on WoC viewing. If you want to go to the wet zone, they will let you in just before they take the FPs sections down. Just be polite and ask. The one night we had the 50ft off center location was because my wife, who is disabled and in an ECV, was directed by the cast member to the lowest handicap tier. The following nights, she simply told the person in advance, she wants the wet zone and she has reserved dinning. The first couple of times, they said no problem and took her in early. Another night, the CM told her to go back and wait with the rest of the FPs and she asked the CM to confirm with the lead and the lead confirmed that reserved dinning should be let in first if they want the wet zone.

My recommendation is to get there before they clear out the first show with reserved dinning and you can guarantee the optimum spot. Just be sure to let the cast members know what you want to do and they will be more than accommodating.

If you don't want to do the reserved dinning, then you are best suited to get a blue FP and arrive early in the queue. Let the cast member know where you want to go and it wouldn't hurt to walk the path to the viewing spot you want earlier in the day, so you know the quickest route in case they take you to the wrong level first.

I finally got to experience the full majesty of WoC. Last year when we visited, I was a little gun shy taking my Nikon DSLR down into the full wet zone and instead we stuck to the lowest center level reserved section at the railing on the 2nd tier. This means you are just "slightly" off center. I couldn't have imagined what a difference is made by getting exactly centered for this show until I saw it with my own eyes.

For this trip, I got a special lens filtering system for my Nikon 14mm which allowed me to put a clear UV filter on it so I wouldn't need to worry about water. This time, the D800e took a trip down into the wet zone and what a difference there is from being at the front rail centered with the mist screens.

When you get the projection screens aligned the rear curtain becomes completely seamless; but, what is more impressive is how three dimensional the show becomes. There are several moments in the show where the mist screens are working at two levels and the fountains are in play around and between them. Simply amazing. The Old Mill during Little April Showers sequence dropped my jaw each night from front row center. Zurg shooting at Buzz from the rear curtain to the front with the red fountain explosion is another great example of the depth at play.

One night we were about 50ft off center while still at the front rail and this illusion falls apart. While the show is very impressive from anywhere in the front, this further confirms the limited viewing angle to get the full potential out of WoC.

Congratulations Steve Davidson. World of Color is a masterpiece. It is now easily my favorite nighttime spectacular, taking the place of the wonderful Magic, Music, and Mayhem from Magic Kingdom's Pirates and Princess Party. *please note, I still need to see Remember. That is coming up for us in a few months.

Many of us have experienced something along the lines of what you describe. When you see WOC from the right spot it is a whole different thing than seeing it from a lesser spot. I still get disappointed to read about people's negative experience with WOC. If they could only see it from the right place I think they would feel differently.

As for being down in the wet zone at the very, very front - on the water - I think seeing the show from there feels so different - like you are immersed in the show. For me it is TOO close though. Worth seeing it from there - I have twice - but I prefer being back a little to the next level up.

:cheer2: 16 Days:cheer2:

I will be there 9-22 to 9-26. Has anyone done the WFC with dinning?

I am going to see Fantamic Sunday night and World of Color on Monday night.

How crowed is it this time of year?

I'm not sure about WOC having spots for folks who don't see well. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be best to just get a FP and line up really early and get a good spot in front like I would anyway (I'm thinking about when my mom is with us - she has an eye disease that causes macular degeneration among other things, and at 62, she's about 30 years in, so she has very little sight left at this point). That might be the best option.

thank you for your suggestion. I agree,getting a FP; lining up early is a great idea.

I am still wondering if the "sit in the front of shows" stamp on the GAC (for those with low vision) works for WOC. hydro guy?
If you have this stamp, will they bring you in front? yes, we plan on getting a FP. just asking if there is any consideration giving for this particular disability (as opposed to wheel chairs, ecvs, etc.)
of course now any info anyone has will only be pertinent until oct. 9, which falls in the middle of our trip. .. figures...

thank you for your suggestion. I agree,getting a FP; lining up early is a great idea.

I am still wondering if the "sit in the front of shows" stamp on the GAC (for those with low vision) works for WOC. hydro guy?
If you have this stamp, will they bring you in front? yes, we plan on getting a FP. just asking if there is any consideration giving for this particular disability (as opposed to wheel chairs, ecvs, etc.)
of course now any info anyone has will only be pertinent until oct. 9, which falls in the middle of our trip. .. figures...

Sorry! I have the good fortune of not having to work with that situation. I don't know. I do think you should talk the CMs there and find out your options. Best of luck.

I am visually impaired and use a GAC with the same stamp so I can see the Aladdin show up close. I attended WOC May of 2012 so it's been a while and the CM's may now handle it differently but this was my experience...
They had no idea what to do with me. I was passed from one CM to another until they finally put me in the HC section which was awesome because I was right up at the rail and could see everything perfectly. The downside was that we did get wet at one part of the show (which really wasn't that big of a deal but hair was damp) and I had to stand in front of people in wheelchairs. I would have gladly stood behind someone but by then the HC section was packed and we couldn't move around much. Believe me, I felt really bad. :(
I also saw WOC in October 2012 but I went with my huge family so I stayed with them. We were standing along the rail in the blue section closest to the water to the far right. I felt so disconnected with the show because I couldn't see it very well.
Honestly, if I can't get the up close spot then I'd rather skip the show altogether. It is very frustrating to see a show when you are only seeing blurred shapes/colors.
I will be going to DCA on October 10th and with just me and mom (who hasn't seen the show yet) so I do plan to get a FP and get to my section early so I can find that prime spot. I would not stand in the HC section again though just because it's not fair to the people in the wheelchairs.

I am visually impaired and use a GAC with the same stamp so I can see the Aladdin show up close. I attended WOC May of 2012 so it's been a while and the CM's may now handle it differently but this was my experience...
They had no idea what to do with me. I was passed from one CM to another until they finally put me in the HC section which was awesome because I was right up at the rail and could see everything perfectly. The downside was that we did get wet at one part of the show (which really wasn't that big of a deal but hair was damp) and I had to stand in front of people in wheelchairs. I would have gladly stood behind someone but by then the HC section was packed and we couldn't move around much. Believe me, I felt really bad. :(
I also saw WOC in October 2012 but I went with my huge family so I stayed with them. We were standing along the rail in the blue section closest to the water to the far right. I felt so disconnected with the show because I couldn't see it very well.
Honestly, if I can't get the up close spot then I'd rather skip the show altogether. It is very frustrating to see a show when you are only seeing blurred shapes/colors.
I will be going to DCA on October 10th and with just me and mom (who hasn't seen the show yet) so I do plan to get a FP and get to my section early so I can find that prime spot. I would not stand in the HC section again though just because it's not fair to the people in the wheelchairs.

the part I bolded has been our experience with Disney and the visually disabled. often it is thought either you can see, or you are totally blind... so therefore we have braille guides, and audio descriptions.,etc.

we had a similar experience with GAC for front of shows and Illuminations at Epcot.

the only area set up for "handicapped" was basically meant for wheelchair/ecv users. we were tole we could use this area, but edon't stand in front of wheelchairs. when I askded what areas were set aside for those with low vision, I was basically told "um, none".

so we went in, and the wheelchairs were about 5 rows deeps. my husband and I stood behind the last row of wheel chairs.

now, this "handicapped" area (which really was only a wheelchair/ecv area) was farily large, so there was a huge gap between us, and the back rail . there was a family back there. there was a man and woman in ecvs, and a whole bunch of others, laning back on or sitting on the back rails.they came up to us and asked us to sit on the ground, as we were blocking their mom and dad in their ecvs. I explained that my husband did have a GAC, fo vision issues, and they said "well, they are in wheelchairs!"
but they wanted to be in the back so the standing people in their party had the rail to lean back on.. now how could we stand behind the ecs when they were already as far back as you could be?
I'm sorry, I didn't feel bad at all when . about half way through the show, mu husband couldn't "squat" anymore and I told him to just stand, and if they wanted to move up, we would stand behind them.

so. long story short, Disneyworld doesn't provide accomadations very well for those with low vision. and I'm not surprised to discover the same is true for Disney land and DCA. so sad.:(.

we will get fast passes and try to get near the front. I was jsut hoping since this was a relitivey new show, they would have considerd other disablities besides "wheel chair/ECV areas"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter