The Boardwalk Inn Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you want to upgrade your reservation or keep what you have?
If all Standard CL rooms had a water view, I would probably want want to make the change. As I've said before, DH isn't a CL guy but I sure wouldn't mind it. ;) That is the only "request" my DH has... Funnel Cake View. Am I mistaken that a Water View may not be assured with Std CL, though?

If all Standard CL rooms had a water view, I would probably want want to make the change. As I've said before, DH isn't a CL guy but I sure wouldn't mind it. ;) That is the only "request" my DH has... Funnel Cake View. Am I mistaken that a Water View may not be assured with Std CL, though?
You're not mistaken and :wave:, MAGIC! Only the Deluxe CL rooms have a guaranteed WV. With a STD CL room, WV is only a request.

The 3 night, 3 resort split stay :goodvibes

Pas, you know I think that's a GREAT idea! :)

Hi all. My DH wants a view of his favorite treat during our March BWI WV stay, so we've created our own view-type: Funnel Cake View (FCV). ;)

I need to make a request with CRO, so I'd like to ask for the a room over the storefront closest to the funnel cake stand on the boardwalk. But I am drawing a blank. Geesh I hope it is not BWV territory.

Does anyone here know what that storefront is directly across from the Funnel Cake Stand on the Boardwalk? When I call CRO I'd to request a room by saying something like, "A room over Flying Fish" or "A room over Seashore Sweets" etc.

Thanks for any help. :goodvibes

Magic, I know CRFan already answered most of your questions, but I wanted to add that we stayed in that standard BWI CL room above Flying Fish - I found a photo that I took of it from the outside:

d403caea.jpg

Our balcony was right up there on the right side. We could see Screen Door from there. We did make a dash for Screen Door in the rain exiting from the stairs near Belle Vue lounge, and it was mostly under cover.

Our love of the BWI water view is what makes us consider a deluxe CL room next time - because we can request water view with standard CL, but it's not guaranteed.

The Funnel Cake stand is located across from the Boardwalk Villas rooms in the area of the Screen Door General store entrance. So it is in Boardwalk Villas territory and that means it's not anywhere close to the rooms on the Boardwalk Inn side which would be where the Flying Fish is located.

To be exact, if you stand with your back to the Tasty Sensations booth, you're pretty much looking down the path back into the stairs up to the lobby. I'd call it right center of the resort. I think saying it's not anywhere close to the Boardwalk Inn side is relative. It isn't as far as that makes it sound.

This picture is a sharp angle, but you can see the booth just to the left of the boat pier.

steps-away-from-our-room.jpg

I found the wifi internet excellent there, and I have sprint cell service and it was horrible therefore drowning my battery very fast, I had an extra battery which was a good thing. Not sure how much you use your phone, but you may need to charge it more then you think.

TinkTink78 - This trip I will likely not use my phone much at all, so with any luck it will be ok, I keep saying I am going to buy an extra battery but now thinking about getting a new phone instead. Good to hear the WIFI is excellent. Thanks once again

We just got back from staying at the Boardwalk. We didn't get a room with the Epcot view this time. We were able to view the fireworks on the bridge leading to Epcot or to the Beach Club.

We took the Keys to the Kingdom tour and enjoyed it.

chicagogrl - I have seen a couple of videos on utube of IllumiNations from the bridge area and it seems as if you get a good view from there. I am considering watching from there on arrival night after dinner at Cape May if we do not feel up to heading to Epcot.

I'm not the one who needs the convincing...its that DH of mine :lmao:

pas - With mine it is the Poly and yours BW what is it with these men :laughing:

The 3 night, 3 resort split stay :goodvibes

pas - Now theres a grand idea...........

To be exact, if you stand with your back to the Tasty Sensations booth, you're pretty much looking down the path back into the stairs up to the lobby. I'd call it right center of the resort. I think saying it's not anywhere close to the Boardwalk Inn side is relative. It isn't as far as that makes it sound.

This picture is a sharp angle, but you can see the booth just to the left of the boat pier.

steps-away-from-our-room.jpg
Thanks for that information and posting that picture.

Our love of the BWI water view is what makes us consider a deluxe CL room next time - because we can request water view with standard CL, but it's not guaranteed.
I agree that their Deluxe Room is great and I have been lucky to stay in one back in August 2010 and August/September 2011.

The only reason why we didn't reserve it for August 2012 is because the grand total for the whole stay is $1700 more then the Standard Club Level Room, plus that's with the 35% Bounceback rate. Obviously that's after taxes and doesn't include any room charges we would be making.

So we are happy with the Standard Club Level Room and I say that's most important to us.

I realize the Water View is not guaranteed with the Standard Club Level Room, however when I stayed in that room category back in December 2010 and December 2011 we were lucky that our request of a room with the Water View was able to happen. In fact we got the exact same room which was room #4223. Now if we ever got a Garden/Epcot view then I am sure that would be great.

pas - With mine it is the Poly and yours BW what is it with these men :laughing:

pas - Now theres a grand idea...........

I know right....he says he doesn't care...but always puts his 2 cents in :laughing:

I like the 3 way split...WL-BWI-GF?Poly? :rotfl:

Pas, you know I think that's a GREAT idea! :)
:yay: The Queen of the split stays you are my friend :worship:

popcorn::

This has nothing to do with the Boardwalk, but since we're waiting for the new thread to be created, I thought it would be good to post a pic of myself so we're all familiar with each other. I'm the one on the right.

This has nothing to do with the Boardwalk, but since we're waiting for the new thread to be created, I thought it would be good to post a pic of myself so we're all familiar with each other. I'm the one on the right.

:rotfl2::lmao::thumbsup2
Minnie always has to be in the limelight, doesn't she?

:rotfl2::lmao::thumbsup2
Minnie always has to be in the limelight, doesn't she?

We took two pics, the "normal" one came out really blurry and unusable, plus we have this one. At first we were dissappointed that we didn't have a "good" picture with them, but in hindsight, I think this is my favorite of any character pic we've taken.

psac - I have to remember that trick if we get pics with any characters on our trip :rotfl:

We took two pics, the "normal" one came out really blurry and unusable, plus we have this one. At first we were dissappointed that we didn't have a "good" picture with them, but in hindsight, I think this is my favorite of any character pic we've taken.

I love it!!! :rotfl2::rotfl: Like, I'm seriously jealous I don't have a photo like that. Classic. I hope you have it framed & on display somewhere.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life, pixarmom, gometros, WDWKOOK: Thank you so much for the information on WV and CL and Dxl CL room views. And the pictures are fabulous. I've been there so many times but never pay keen attention to certain details until I need them. I am STILL deciding here. I just found another $40.00 in Dis Reward Dollars. Hmmmm. You guys are great. :goodvibes

WDWKOOK: Thanks for re-doing the BWI thread. I will be glued to my screen real soon! :surfweb:

pas130: I know, right? For me too. The decision even has ME popcorn::

psac: I know I want one of those! :rotfl:

Minnie&Nana: Hi there! :flower3:

CR Resort Fan 4 Life, pixarmom, gometros, WDWKOOK: Thank you so much for the information on WV and CL and Dxl CL room views. And the pictures are fabulous. I've been there so many times but never pay keen attention to certain details until I need them. I am STILL deciding here. I just found another $40.00 in Dis Reward Dollars. Hmmmm. You guys are great. :goodvibes
Here is another thing you need to know about their Deluxe Club Level Rooms. Besides the ones located on the 4th floor close to the lounge, there are also some located on the 3rd floor. So that means you would either take a set of stairs or use the elevator when going to the lounge on the 4th floor. Although since you only have a Water View non Club Level rooms reserved right now I guess the floor you stay on won't be a factor.

Also the balconies for the Deluxe Rooms are a lot bigger on the 3rd floor compared to the ones located on the 4th floor.

Here is another thing you need to know about their Deluxe Club Level Rooms. Besides the ones located on the 4th floor close to the lounge, there are also some located on the 3rd floor. So that means you would either take a set of stairs or use the elevator when going to the lounge on the 4th floor. Although since you only have a Water View non Club Level rooms reserved right now I guess the floor you stay on won't be a factor.

Also the balconies for the Deluxe Rooms are a lot bigger on the 3rd floor compared to the ones located on the 4th floor.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life: Oh boy thanks. Not sure what I'll say yet, but I'm calling now... :goodvibes Another question: When you make your request, do you make it about a week out? And do you fax and where to? Or do you call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter