The Boardwalk Inn Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
CR Resort Fan 4 Life: Oh boy thanks. Not sure what I'll say yet, but I'm calling now... :goodvibes Another question: When you make your request, do you make it about a week out? And do you fax and where to? Or do you call?
Make any room requests when you book. If you've already booked (as you have) just call the WDTC and have them add the room location request to your reservation. I always like to have them read it back to me just to make sure they got it right;). If you book a CL room, simply email your request to the IPO or have them verify that it's in your reservation.

I did it... I made the change from BWI WV to BWI CL. :banana: :banana: I have you guys to thank for my bad behavior. :lmao:

And I requested "WV over Flying Fish" for DH, but any room will be good for me. :lovestruc

Thanks for the request info CRFFL and WDWKOOK. I usually just always added requests to my ressie call too, but I've gotten such spotty results that way I was hoping for a better alternative. :rolleyes1

Oh, and my CM offered me Illuminations VIP viewing for one night... whatever that may be. I guess we'll take advantage of it.

I did it... I made the change from BWI WV to BWI CL. :banana: :banana: I have you guys to thank for my bad behavior. :lmao:

And I requested "WV over Flying Fish" for DH, but any room will be good for me. :lovestruc

Thanks for the request info CRFFL and WDWKOOK. I usually just always added requests to my ressie call too, but I've gotten such spotty results that way I was hoping for a better alternative. :rolleyes1

Oh, and my CM offered me Illuminations VIP viewing for one night... whatever that may be. I guess we'll take advantage of it.
Congratulations on making that change and I hope you have a great time. Also get ready to be spolied because in my opinion the Club Level Cast Members at the BWI are simply amazing, so you might not want to stay anywhere else. That happened to my family and I after we 1st stayed Club Level over there in August 2010.

Congratulations on making that change and I hope you have a great time. Also get ready to be spolied because in my opinion the Club Level Cast Members at the BWI are simply amazing, so you might not want to stay anywhere else. That happened to my family and I after we 1st stayed Club Level over there in August 2010.

I am so happy to hear reviews like this, I value your opinion, as I know how high your standards are.....for you to give such a shining endorsement, and change your favorite resort to give BWI CL first place status, well that speaks volumes! I am so excited for my first BWI DELUXE stay in Oct :goodvibes

Since I've told the kids we are staying at BW they've been asking what the carnival games are on Boardwalk at night. Does anyone know?

And since the kids have the song in my head (again :headache:) I will share that they are so excited they keep singing "Under the Boardwalk" by the Drifters.
"Under the Boardwalk, down by the see, yeah. On a blanket with my baby, is where I'll be" :love:

This has nothing to do with the Boardwalk, but since we're waiting for the new thread to be created, I thought it would be good to post a pic of myself so we're all familiar with each other. I'm the one on the right.

You're funny.... I'm sitting on the couch with my kids and I just laughed out loud- they think I'm crazy.

Congrates on upgrading to CL.............If I am not mistaken(I could have her mixed up with someone else of course) I do think Deena from the RC thread was given passes to the IllumiNations VIP viewing and might be able to tell you about it

Since I've told the kids we are staying at BW they've been asking what the carnival games are on Boardwalk at night. Does anyone know?
The games I remember seeing was some where you launch Chickens onto moving buckets, shooting Baskeballs and there was one more game, however I can't remember what it was.

The games I remember seeing was some where you launch Chickens onto moving buckets, shooting Baskeballs and there was one more game, however I can't remember what it was.

Live chickens?

Somehow we've always missed the carnival games in action, but the entertainers at night are always enjoyable.

Live chickens?

Somehow we've always missed the carnival games in action, but the entertainers at night are always enjoyable.
No they are ruber chickens, lol.

I agree that the entertainers are great and I have seen them a lot of times to the point where I know exactly what they will do next. For there is Brian who is one of the Magicians that always wears a purple jacket, well I know his routine by heart already because it's the same thing all the time.

Speaking of Brian we may need to get a campaign going for him. One of the CMs from the Innkeepers Club lounge said some of the newer and younger entertainers are trying to push him out. He is the best thing they have going since they let the the piano guy go back during budget cuts:mad:

Speaking of Brian we may need to get a campaign going for him. One of the CMs from the Innkeepers Club lounge said some of the newer and younger entertainers are trying to push him out. He is the best thing they have going since they let the the piano guy go back during budget cuts:mad:
Wow I never heard them say that before and I hope that information they told you is false because I think he is the best of the entertainers. I remember during my August/September 2011 BWI stay Brian came into the Innkeeper's Club lounge to due his act since it was raining outside.

Wow - page 200!

My question - here's a map of the BWI:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.JPG

At about what number on that map is the 4th flr concierge lounge located?
(IE: 2 - 3 - 12 - 13 ???)

And about what room numbers are the deluxe suites?

(I'm sure this has been asked somewhere in the previous 200 pgs :) )

Standard CL rooms are on both sides in the pink area around 1-4 but also extend down behind ESPN in the area of rooms 4201 to 4212.

The deluxe rooms are 3rd & 4th floor BW side around #3.

The longe is on the garden side-you can see where it sticks out around #19 on the map.

Crfan-I am not making things up to argue. This was told to me on the phone Thursday night by a cm on her way home after she had been out with Nascargirl while they were still there. I have a picture they texted me while they were out if u need to see it. He said something to them up on their balcony like he did to us this summer during his show. We talked about how funny he was and then she told me he had made comments to her a couple of weeks ago, as they are friends. He came to the Bellevue lounge when it was raining one night and cracked us up there too.

Wow - page 200!

My question - here's a map of the BWI:

http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.JPG

At about what number on that map is the 4th flr concierge lounge located?
(IE: 2 - 3 - 12 - 13 ???)

And about what room numbers are the deluxe suites?

(I'm sure this has been asked somewhere in the previous 200 pgs :) )

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before, but since we're on the topic and we're staying there next week, can anyone tell me what kind or where on the map is a standard room? Are there any standard room types on 3 or 4. DW hates 1st floor. :fish:

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked before, but since we're on the topic and we're staying there next week, can anyone tell me what kind or where on the map is a standard room? Are there any standard room types on 3 or 4. DW hates 1st floor. :fish:

I know from reading on this thread that there are Std Rooms on both the 4th and 5th floors, I would call make a floor request. I request 5th hope I get it. Std rooms either overlook the front entrance, gardens or parking lot. Some of the rooms overlooking the gardens also face epcot and have views of the effel tower and IllumiNations(partial view)

Have a safe and wonderful trip

I miss the piano guy on his bike!

Jackiemail-glad to know we are not the only ones. I always requested the Entertainer and he always played it. He was just a neat part of the atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter