The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

The Rockefeller Center Christmas tree was lit last night, marking the official start of the holiday season in Midtown Manhattan.

231129-rockefeller-christmas-tree-lighting-ac-1025p-3cdd83.jpg

It also marks the start several days of traffic snarls as certain streets will be closed on certain days for what is called "Open Streets."

Starting this Sunday, all of Fifth Avenue from 48th to 59th streets will be closed to traffic to allow people to take in the sights and sounds of the season.

City Hall says this will happen December 3rd, 10th and 17th from noon to 6 p.m. as part of Open Streets. It also includes the areas surrounding Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall.

Plan accordingly, as all traffic has to be re-routed to other surrounding streets, causing traffic tie ups and delays and that could cause you to be late getting to the theatre or dinner beforehand. :headache:

Random but it does kind of pertain to Broadway:

Anyone know of any great gluten free restaurants in the theatre district?
I'm not gluten free, but when I was looking for a vegan restaurant, I googled it and found a really good one in Hell's Kitchen.. not a far walk from Broadway... only a few blocks to 8th or 9th Ave.

Ok all I’m not saying this because my friend is in it and my cheeks still hurt from smiling and I’m still crying but

GO SEE HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO!

Yup. We did. It was wonderful. They extended it at least another week. It’s also available for pre order on Amazon.
Thank you!!! I'll check that out! We saw it this weekend too as we saw it live with Sara in September 2021. It was one of the greatest musical theatre experiences of my life.

Has anyone here seen I Need That? We are going this weekend and would like to try to get Danny DeVito's autograph after the matinee. Looking for any suggestions for success. It's at the American Airlines Theatre.

Random but it does kind of pertain to Broadway:

Anyone know of any great gluten free restaurants in the theatre district?
We found a lot of good restaurants in NYC.

This trip report helped us a lot and it was fun to read: https://thesightseeingcoeliac.blog/2022/12/12/the-sightseeing-coeliac-in-new-york/

We enjoyed Friedman, Modern Bread and Bagel and TAP.

On Broadway, we ended up eating at Bubba Gump, they have some gluten free options we like and they accept Landry’s card. That location is hard to beat, they have windows on Time Square.
Hard Rock Cafe is almost next door (we did not go to that one) and typically also have so GF menu items.

Has anyone here seen I Need That? We are going this weekend and would like to try to get Danny DeVito's autograph after the matinee. Looking for any suggestions for success. It's at the American Airlines Theatre.

Does he perform the evening performance too? There may be a possibility he may stay in, in between performances. But, I don't know. I hope you are able to get it.

We found a lot of good restaurants in NYC.

This trip report helped us a lot and it was fun to read: https://thesightseeingcoeliac.blog/2022/12/12/the-sightseeing-coeliac-in-new-york/

We enjoyed Friedman, Modern Bread and Bagel and TAP.

On Broadway, we ended up eating at Bubba Gump, they have some gluten free options we like and they accept Landry’s card. That location is hard to beat, they have windows on Time Square.
Hard Rock Cafe is almost next door (we did not go to that one) and typically also have so GF menu items.
Thank you!

What are some of your favorite restaurants in the theatre district. Looking for a casual lunch place. Anything but Italian,, Thanks

I just got back from New York last night and I’m still reeling from the weekend. We saw MJ (lotto win), Merrily, Wicked (to see a friend), How to Dance in Ohio, and Hadestown. We just narrowly got to catch Jordan Fisher after he was out sick and we’d never seen the show so that was amazing to see before flying out. Everything was just so special!

I just got back from New York last night and I’m still reeling from the weekend. We saw MJ (lotto win), Merrily, Wicked (to see a friend), How to Dance in Ohio, and Hadestown. We just narrowly got to catch Jordan Fisher after he was out sick and we’d never seen the show so that was amazing to see before flying out. Everything was just so special!
What was your take on MJ? I heard the music was really good-not surprisingly.

Im going to see Spamalot in 2 weeks- my friend bought me tix for christmas! Going to bryant to do the bumper ice things and then to lunch first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter