The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Do you remember when they had Rodgers And Hammerstein's Cinderella made into a Broadway play? It starred Santino Fontana as the prince and it was supposed to be a nice play because I first heard about it during one of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parades I watched on Youtube but it soon closed but it looked very pretty and since my mom liked Rodgers And Hammerstein's Cinderella she thought the sneak peek on the parade was nice. Another Broadway play I saw during one of the 90's parades also on Youtube was The Secret Garden and it starred 14 year old Daisy Egan as Mary Lennox and was also a nice play too. You know Broadway should come up with more interesting shows instead of making shows out of movies and recycling old plays. Like why did they do a play of Xanadu because to me it's very unappealing and my mother disliked the movie Xanadu too

Our ds went to see Funny Girl on Broadway tonight. He paid $$$ for the ticket. The show is open for about another week. He was looking forward to seeing Lea Michelle.
Today is the only day he could go as he is a nurse and that schedule is set and he’s in a wedding too.
Right before the play starts they make an announcement that Lea is under the weather and won’t be appearing. He was so disappointed.
Then he googled and saw that today was Lea’s birthday so he wonders if she was truly under the weather.
He said the line for refunds was out the door. He couldn’t wait on the line because they had to get the train back.
I posted last time about the really noisy kid at the play he went to.
He doesn’t seem to have the best Broadway experiences. But I know all the actors put their hearts and souls into their performances.

Did you ever see the Broadway version of the movie Honeymoon In Vegas? It starred Tony Danza and I happened to see it during one of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parades I saw on Youtube this morning and it looked pretty fun and I never knew that Tony Danza could sing so well. And it's a shame that the Broadway version of Honeymoon In Vegas ended it's run because Honeymoon In Vegas was a cool movie and the way they turned it into a Broadway play was just amazing

Saw Back to the Future last night. Amazing production. Great performances. The special effects had me blown away. The songs are just ok, but they are all mostly originals so they get points for that. Roger Bart and Casey Likes were amazing and had great chemistry.
I'm seeing that in Charlotte next year.

Glad this thread got bumped up.

It's NYC Off-Broadway Week, October 3–15.
(It's actually 2 weeks.)

Book 2-for-1 tickets today with code OBW23.

This year, you can choose from over 30 Off-Broadway shows and Off-Broadway Plays. Some of the more popular ones are:
  • The Blue Man Group
  • FRIENDS The Musical Parody
  • Partnership
  • Perfect Crime
  • Drunk Shakespeare
  • Titanique
  • The Gazillion Bubble Show
  • The Play That Goes Wrong

https://www.nyctourism.com/off-broadway-week

I forget if i mentioend this on hee but i saw the closing performance of Good Night Oscar

1) Sean Hayes deserved every ding dang inch of that Tony. What a fantastic performance in a really brilliant show

2) I only caught a glimpse of Grace Gummer, Mark Ronson and Tracy Ullman and did not see Kevin Kline and RDJ and his wife and only found out about them after the fact.

The actress that fills in for Lea is very good. I was lucky enough to see Lea in Funny Girl in March. She was fantastic
Our ds went to see Funny Girl on Broadway tonight. He paid $$$ for the ticket. The show is open for about another week. He was looking forward to seeing Lea Michelle.
Today is the only day he could go as he is a nurse and that schedule is set and he’s in a wedding too.
Right before the play starts they make an announcement that Lea is under the weather and won’t be appearing. He was so disappointed.
Then he googled and saw that today was Lea’s birthday so he wonders if she was truly under the weather.
He said the line for refunds was out the door. He couldn’t wait on the line because they had to get the train back.
I posted last time about the really noisy kid at the play he went to.
He doesn’t seem to have the best Broadway experiences. But I know all the actors put their hearts and souls into their performances.

Morning, everyone!

Still can't believe this thread is still going after 14 years! Love this.

Anyways, here on Cape Cod, or just off Cape Cod got tickets to see Matilda the Musical at Cotuit Center for the Arts? Shameless plug here, but I'm in it, but I'm asking because it's a great show. So far all who have seen it have loved it. If you don't have a ticket call the box office for individual tickets may be had.

Also been wanting to ask: Has anyone seen, or heard any of the music, from the new musical Back to the Future? I've never been a big fan of turning movies into musicals, but some do work. But this show? Eh. Have yet to hear anything on it. Would love to hear some thoughts.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.

Last edited:
Morning, everyone!

Still can't believe this thread is still going after 14 years! Love this.

Anyways, here on Cape Cod, or just off Cape Cod got tickets to see Matilda the Musical at Cotuit Center for the Arts? Shameless plug here, but I'm in it, but I'm asking because it's a great show. So far all who have seen it have loved it. If you don't have a ticket call the box office for individual tickets may be had.

Have a wonderful day, everyone.
I live in Florida, so I obviously can't be seeing it, but it's an absolutely delightful show! What role are you playing? Have the best time. :)

I ended up going to the opening night of Gutenberg, see above comment. We had a ton of fun! I was shocked at how many people got tickets randomly or didn’t know it was opening night! The show was completely ridiculous and funny and showcased the talent for 2 hours!
Isn't it just so much silly fun? Their chemistry is ridiculous. Here is my claim to "fame"--my friend Ryan made nearly all the hats. :)

I live in Florida, so I obviously can't be seeing it, but it's an absolutely delightful show! What role are you playing? Have the best time. :)

I'm playing the part of the Doctor and Escapologist. I failed to mention that the whole family is in this show. My DW is music director and my DD, 10 y/o, is playing Hortencia, and this isn't the first time we've all been in a show together. Our last show together was The Sound of Music a year ago.

I'm playing the part of the Doctor and Escapologist. I failed to mention that the whole family is in this show. My DW is music director and my DD, 10 y/o, is playing Hortencia, and this isn't the first time we've all been in a show together. Our last show together was The Sound of Music a year ago.
That's fabulous!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter