The Connors

Mizzoufan

DIS Veteran
ABC has greenlit a spinoff series of the now-canceled "Roseanne" -- without the show's embattled star.

On Thursday, the network announced that much of the cast of "Roseanne," including John Goodman, Laurie Metcalf, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson and Michael Fishman, are set to reprise their iconic roles in the new show, currently named "The Conners" as a working title.

Will you watch?

I’ll watch.

I read that ABC and Roseanne reached a settlement for the intellectual property so she will not profit off the new series. She said she did it so that the 200+ people who lost their jobs wouldn’t continue to suffer for her actions.

Last edited:
I don't know Rosanne was really a big part of this show and it won't be near as good I don't think. That was really her character. If it becomes the Darlene show not thanks.

I'll probably check it out. I will really miss the character of Roseanne though. She was the one that brought everything together so I'm curious to see how it plays out with the main character out of the picture.

I loved the original but I only thought that the reboot was ok. If the new show will revolve around Dan or Jackie then it might work. I guess....

Not for me. Watched the original growing up. I didn’t watch the reboot because I was still sour over Last Man Standing being cancelled for Roseanne. Glad to hear both shows are able to continue and go forward for the cast and crew.

I might watch an episode or two to see how it is but I'm not excited for it. I'm just happy that people have a chance to keep their jobs and Roseanne isn't profiting off of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter