• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Connors

Nope. I will miss Rosanne and her crass? Is that a word. The rest are wussies, IMO. I used to like Darlene but not anymore, too weird for my taste. I like the people who aren't afraid to tell it like it is, as long as it is the truth.

I might watch an episode or two to see how it is but I'm not excited for it. I'm just happy that people have a chance to keep their jobs and Roseanne isn't profiting off of it.
I agree with this part even though I won’t watch it.
Nope. I will miss Rosanne and her crass? Is that a word. The rest are wussies, IMO. I used to like Darlene but not anymore, too weird for my taste. I like the people who aren't afraid to tell it like it is, as long as it is the truth.
Are you talking about the way the characters are written or the actors IRL? Because if it’s the latter, well then that’s a pretty evocative comment. :rolleyes1

No, I just don't get the appeal of the show (with or without its racist creator). I'm not their target audience, however, so that makes sense. I don't watch lots of shows that other people love, and I'm sure they don't watch the same ones I enjoy.

I'll give the spin-off a try. I don't watch much television though so it might be short lived with me.

Are you talking about the way the characters are written or the actors IRL? Because if it’s the latter, well then that’s a pretty evocative comment. :rolleyes1

I loved the characters. I always loved Rosanne the show, the original. I wasn't too impressed with the new show because they tried to do both sides, when there are too many shows these days that don't try that and they stick with their one sided view. Kudos for them for trying though.

I was never a huge fan of Rosanne the person but then again I am not a fan of many actors these days since many spew too much hate even though they want everyone to be loved/accepted. Seriously, these so called actors are at shows, events, etc... and they are just jerks! I can't imagine ever wanting to be friends with someone like that. I cringe on FB when someone rants and raves. Be happy, be respectful of others and keep your comments to yourself/family like I was brought up.

I might watch it.

I wasn’t a fan of the original show, but I enjoyed the reboot as a whole, even though I didnt really care for any of the characters. I don’t think I’ll miss Rosanne’s character.

I will give it a shot- loved the original Rosanne and really liked the new one too- I will give it a shot but it won't be the same without her.

Tough call - she was always the most annoying part of the show, but also the central character.

That is how I always felt (with the original). I planned to watch the re-boot but never got around to it, so I doubt I'd watch The Conners anyway. I don't know how it would work without her to be honest, but I am glad that the cast and crew have a chance to continue working.

I'll watch, but honestly I wasn't all that thrilled with what they did with the reboot. I find the way that Darlene is such a doormat to her kids pretty annoying. I actually thought Becky was the most interesting character in the reboot. I hope that they maybe try to replicate the relationship between Roseanne and Jackie with Darlene and Becky and put a new spin on it.

I'll give it a shot. Who knows they might be able to successfully pull it off. The Hogan Family did when Valerie Harper left.

No, but to be honest, not for anything to do with the controversy. I never watched the original. Not my cup of tea. Looking the 1988 TV schedule up, it was on opposite Matlock, which I did watch.

th

I don't think it will be the same without her. She made the show. She ruined it for everyone, but she really was the heart of the show. I will watch, but I don't have high hopes. I think they should just let it be. It was a fantastic show back in the day, then they did a very successful reboot. Then everything fell apart. Just let it be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter