~The Daily Grind~ 7/12/10

Here's my cross stitch project all finished and made into a scrapbook page!!!! Now I have something to take this weekend for show & tell!!!!:banana:

I have a whole set of these kitties (one for each month) and I'm going to stitch each one. That part will take me awhile even though they are super easy to stitch. Then, I'm going to make a scrapbook page for each one and add it to the 8x8 book I just started!! I'm going to use pictures of DS at all different ages. These Easter pictures are when DS was only 2 1/2 years old back in 1995.:lovestruc

DSC00199001.jpg

I love the idea of having the stitching in with the scrapbook! That's going to be really cute!

Driving around all day like a crazy person! MAJOR 2+ hour doctor appt for DS this a.m. and then grocery shopping during multiple thunderstorms at mid-day 'cause I'm hosting my book group tonight.

DD (NOT Z2H...grrr...don't get me started :mad:) is being a *huge* help this afternoon cleaning up and helping me mix/chop/bake/prep for tonight. This month's book was lousy (IMHO) and was about a female Maine lobsterman on a teeny little island, so in honor of that "theme," we're having homemade lobster salad on croissants, green salad, sweet potato chips, and strawberry shortcakes (with chocolate chunks in the shortbread). Just took these beauties out of the oven - they look yummy. (Isn't anything that much better with a smidgen of dark chocolate???) Everything is finally done now, except slicing up the berries - next - then whipping the cream just before serving... Whew! DH and the kids will probably have hot dogs for dinner...:rotfl: - I think the ladies will probably scarf down all the lob$ter salad!!!

Rebecca - hope you can lick this thing and feel better soon!
Welcome home, TB! :hug: We'll tawk latah...
Linda - I want details on your revolution! Do I need to send in extra Minuteman soldiers from Lexington and Concord???? :lmao:

I can vouch for the chocolate chip strawberry shortcakes!!!

PBF made these for 4th of July and they were YUMMMMY!:goodvibes

Uhm, Rebecca, they don't normally test for pregnancy during a routine annual exam. You have to ask for one. I'm just sayin'. :rolleyes1

Welcome home Rhonda!!!

Welcome home Rhonda!

Nancy - I've seen you mention it a couple times now. What's consumer clothing?

This is a 4-H project where the kids can either make or buy an outfit to have judged.

PJ bought a gorgeous little summer capri outfit that she will model.
It's from old navy and the whole outfit cost us $30.00!!!
She has layered tops a white laced cami and a blue and white striped scoop necked t-shirt over top.. White capri pants and we found white flip flops for $5.00!!!! The shirts were on sale $5 each..the pants were the most expensive @ 20.00. She had to do interviews and found out what was the best thing for her idea.. She figured this would work for many things.. back to school outfit, day at the beach, out and about on the town, a date night!

She has to submit a project book about the outfit and does a fashion show tomorrow for judging.. than on Thursday they have a public fashion show.

We need to figure out how we are doing her hair tonight.. I think we are going to sprial curl it....just let it hang in the curls... She needs to check her jewelry too as I was not buying when we had stuff here already!

work on neighborhood rebellion

Oh do tell, I know there is a story here.

Rebecca, hope you feel better.
Rhonda :hug:

My to do list:

Empty dishwasher
Feed cats
Get DD up and ready for school
work
go to bed early - I've been up since 12:30 pm. This insomnia nonsense has got to stop.

go to bed early - I've been up since 12:30 pm. This insomnia nonsense has got to stop.

I assume you mean am? :rotfl: Or are you so tired you can't tell the difference between morning and night?! I broke down and got a prescription for a sleep aid. Oh.My.God. It's amazing. I actually go back to sleep when I wake up in the middle of the night. :cloud9:

:lmao::lmao:

Yup, you are right, Jennifer. I do take something but this week it really isn't working. I've been sporting a severe headache too, I think that is playing a huge part of it too. This humidity is not my friend.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter