The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
KristineN said:
I have always worked in "corporate America" so the whole retail gig is very odd to me....

the "backstage" area is like a whole big wide world....I have never seen so much stuff in my life....shelving from floor to 20 feet up, and, FULL!

when the store closes...it's like roaches scattering all around the store setting it all back up into "ready condition" for the morning. I had to climb up that damn 10 foot mountain of stuffed animals to line them all up and have them all looking in the same direction. 10 minutes into it I seriously contemplated throwing myself to the floor....it was a fascinating thing to watch everyone running around.

then, when it's finally time to go...we have have to leave together...and then they frisk you and check your purse to make sure you haven't stolen anything!!!!!! Can you believe that?!

I do get 30% off.....

It does sound a bit odd.... but as long as you can keep your sense of humor about it you should be able to have fun with it.

I know my son worked retail for the last year before college, and I couldn't believe the # of stories of people shoplifting, and of employees stealing! So I guess that must be why they check you!!! Several people got fired from my son's store for stealing while he worked there, and you wouldn't believe what they tried to get away with.

And why is my screen name changed when you quoted me?

Elizabeth, anyone heard from toad lately?
:wizard: that you don't have too much trouble putting the kiddies to bed.

ReAnSt said:
What would be really cute would be a picture of the girl with her long her and either of these phrases, however since I didn't have one. I quickly threw these together, I can't do anything fancy. Photobucket is down so I couldn't post these there. I can email them to you if you want me to as this is as big as dotphoto allows them to be, and it is to small for printing.
i6D9699A9-30DF-4BE0-9E57-7D277DABC0C9.jpg

iB2C53853-C270-4E7E-B910-4E29D68CBCA7.jpg
cool ideas Becky

Glynis - you look stunning, my dear. You should be SO proud of yourself.

Ellen - that is a VERY scary story and a very funny picture.

Kristine - love the new siggy picture. You all are too funny! And congratson the weight loss. You are both doing so well!

ReAnSt said:
What would be really cute would be a picture of the girl with her long her and either of these phrases, however since I didn't have one. I quickly threw these together, I can't do anything fancy. Photobucket is down so I couldn't post these there. I can email them to you if you want me to as this is as big as dotphoto allows them to be, and it is to small for printing.

Good ideas!

Kristine - I dare you to pose the stuffed animals in obscene positions!!!

KristineN said:
I have always worked in "corporate America" so the whole retail gig is very odd to me....

the "backstage" area is like a whole big wide world....I have never seen so much stuff in my life....shelving from floor to 20 feet up, and, FULL!

when the store closes...it's like roaches scattering all around the store setting it all back up into "ready condition" for the morning. I had to climb up that damn 10 foot mountain of stuffed animals to line them all up and have them all looking in the same direction. 10 minutes into it I seriously contemplated throwing myself to the floor....it was a fascinating thing to watch everyone running around.

then, when it's finally time to go...we have have to leave together...and then they frisk you and check your purse to make sure you haven't stolen anything!!!!!! Can you believe that?!

I do get 30% off.....

Internal theft is RAMPANT. That's why the associates at department stores have to carry plastic see-through purses. I used to love to talk to our risk management guy - people are SO creative when they steal. I am not smart enough for stuff like that! DH used to tell me about his conversations with their risk management guys at the grocery store, too.

The animal mountain thing is funny. At The Gap they have to line up the size labels on folded merchandise in a PERFECTLY straight row and refold everything every night. When I worked for The Limited we had a cleaning checklist that we had to do every single day - from cleaning the tile in the entry to moving EVERY rack to dust underneath it to going over every shelf with one of those lambswool dusters. One of my associates came from Victoria's Secret where they had to clean the fixtures with a Q-TIP!!! (That was back in the days when VS had wooden fixtures with ornate patterns carved in them.) At Contempo (1st runner up for my worst job EVER) they had NO standards for cleanliness so it was an absolute PIT. Every Sunday night after closing we had to totally dismantle the store and rearrange everything. We were there until 1 or 2 AM, and it was never finished when we left so we had to come back at 8 AM to try to finish it. Oh, and that store had mice in the stockroom. :rolleyes:

Well I am off to make a little something to eat. Anyone want a hot dog?

ReAnSt said:

These are great..could you email them to me so i can send them to kim?
Thanks!

blueeyes101817@comcast.net

No one has called it yet Tammi.

::yes:: about her taking a picture.

Tammi67 said:
But you need to take a picture and post it, so we really know you did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter