The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone....stopping by to check in.

Glynis...you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bill & I have both hit the 45 pound mark. I am hoping to hit 50 before the trip.

I am working part time at the Disney Store!! I can't tell you how fascinating and strange it is!!!!

Hope all of you are well!

Kristine

KristineN said:

Glynis...you look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bill & I have both hit the 45 pound mark. I am hoping to hit 50 before the trip.

I am working part time at the Disney Store!! I can't tell you how fascinating and strange it is!!!!

Kristine

Kristine, your siggy pictures are hilarious :lmao:

Tell more about what is so strange about working at the Disney Store? I always used to think that would be a fun job if I was ever unemployed from my day job.

Congrats on the weight loss, you guys are amazing!!

KristineN said:

Kristine
Cool!!!!! What can I get you to buy me with your discount??? :rolleyes1

Kristine's funny pictures reminded me of a picture that we did last Christmas, at my sister's suggestion.... She was taking the pictures and told us to act silly...
Our 2 20 yr. old DS's were not too into it, mostly just laughing at us, but that is part of the charm of the picture I guess.

IMG_1442.jpg

ellenbenny said:
Kristine's funny pictures reminded me of a picture that we did last Christmas, at my sister's suggestion.... She was taking the pictures and told us to act silly...
Our 2 20 yr. old DS's were not too into it, mostly just laughing at us, but that is part of the charm of the picture I guess.

IMG_1442.jpg
:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl: love it

Jennifer - We never go to the movies. I haven't seen the first 2 Santa Clause movies yet! But DS wants to see Flushed Away so maybe we'll go to that.

Ellen - How scary! OMG! Your son is lucky he didn't witness a murder. I am glad the guys are all safe!

Kristine - Yep. Retail is bizarre, alright! But I would love to have some details!! "My" Disney Store has huge staffing problems and high turnover. Every once in awhile I think I might want to work there just one or two shifts a week, but I still have nightmares about retail so maybe not.

Jen - I couldn't design my way out of a paper bag. I hope somebody can help you!

ellenbenny said:
So I have to tell my story, even though I'm still in shock and not sure if I want to talk about it. Weds. afternoon my DS Scott called to tell me about a very scary thing that happened to him and his friends. He is in his first year at Michigan State University, in East Lansing, MI.

Apparently he and a few friends were walking back from a halloween party late at night when one of his friends threw some pine needles at a passing by car. (Stupid I know, but not worthy of what came next.) Well the car stopped and 4 guys got out and started arguing and harassing and shoving the kids. Words and shoving were exchanged, until one of the guys that stopped pulled out a handgun. Upon seeing the gun, my son took off across the street, but his roommate must be a tough guy because he decided to mouth off to the guy further. The guy proceeded to hit him in the back of the head with the gun. Roommate turned around to fight, and bad guy hit him in the face a couple of more times with the gun. Meanwhile, my DS stopped a passing by car and contacted the police. Bad guys took off, but the police came, and my son was able to tell the police which way they went, and they caught the guys. Bad guy was found with a loaded handgun!!!! :scared1: My son's roommate ended up with 13 stitches on the back of his head, and more on his face near his eye and near his mouth. Thank god it wasn't worse though!

Here is a link to the story: http://www.statenews.com/article.phtml?pk=38538

I was shaking as my son told me the story, and I am still freaked out about it.

This is why my kids should not have been allowed to grow up and face the world on their own!! OK, I know that's not true, but can you blame me for feeling that way?

I just needed to vent.

Yikes!!! Glad to hear your DS was smart enough to leave and that the outcome wasn't as bad as it could have been.

There Elizabeth, I did a small posting party to help move along to the milestone. :p

ellenbenny said:
So I have to tell my story, even though I'm still in shock and not sure if I want to talk about it. Weds. afternoon my DS Scott called to tell me about a very scary thing that happened to him and his friends. He is in his first year at Michigan State University, in East Lansing, MI.

Apparently he and a few friends were walking back from a halloween party late at night when one of his friends threw some pine needles at a passing by car. (Stupid I know, but not worthy of what came next.) Well the car stopped and 4 guys got out and started arguing and harassing and shoving the kids. Words and shoving were exchanged, until one of the guys that stopped pulled out a handgun. Upon seeing the gun, my son took off across the street, but his roommate must be a tough guy because he decided to mouth off to the guy further. The guy proceeded to hit him in the back of the head with the gun. Roommate turned around to fight, and bad guy hit him in the face a couple of more times with the gun. Meanwhile, my DS stopped a passing by car and contacted the police. Bad guys took off, but the police came, and my son was able to tell the police which way they went, and they caught the guys. Bad guy was found with a loaded handgun!!!! :scared1: My son's roommate ended up with 13 stitches on the back of his head, and more on his face near his eye and near his mouth. Thank god it wasn't worse though!

Here is a link to the story: http://www.statenews.com/article.phtml?pk=38538

I was shaking as my son told me the story, and I am still freaked out about it.

This is why my kids should not have been allowed to grow up and face the world on their own!! OK, I know that's not true, but can you blame me for feeling that way?

I just needed to vent.

Wow... :grouphug: Glad he didnt get hurt...but thats scary to hear!

ellenbenny said:

IMG_1442.jpg

I love it!! i gotta get my family to do that this year!

I have always worked in "corporate America" so the whole retail gig is very odd to me....

the "backstage" area is like a whole big wide world....I have never seen so much stuff in my life....shelving from floor to 20 feet up, and, FULL!

when the store closes...it's like roaches scattering all around the store setting it all back up into "ready condition" for the morning. I had to climb up that damn 10 foot mountain of stuffed animals to line them all up and have them all looking in the same direction. 10 minutes into it I seriously contemplated throwing myself to the floor....it was a fascinating thing to watch everyone running around.

then, when it's finally time to go...we have have to leave together...and then they frisk you and check your purse to make sure you haven't stolen anything!!!!!! Can you believe that?!

I do get 30% off.....

allenberry said:
Kristine, your siggy pictures are hilarious :lmao:

Tell more about what is so strange about working at the Disney Store? I always used to think that would be a fun job if I was ever unemployed from my day job.

Congrats on the weight loss, you guys are amazing!!

Pooh67_68 said:
There Elizabeth, I did a small posting party to help move along to the milestone. :p

Thanks, Heidi!
I got one not too long ago. I am going to work in about 30 minutes. If we don't get to the milestone before I leave I will check in after I wrangle my small associates into bed. I imagine neither of them had a nap today, so it will be an early night for both!

Blueeyes101817 said:
Well if anyone on here is in the mood to design something for me , i have a favor to ask..
This is a request from one of my friends..This is what she typed:

Hi all! Anyone of you creative DISers have some time to spare for me? My DD is going to have her hair cut at WDW next week and we are mailing it in to Locks of Love. I was thinking that maybe I should make her a tshirt to put on afterwards, since I know she will be SO proud of herself!

There can be pictures or artwork with words, or just words....but I don't know what to have it say. She's 7 and a sweetheart!

What would be really cute would be a picture of the girl with her long her and either of these phrases, however since I didn't have one. I quickly threw these together, I can't do anything fancy. Photobucket is down so I couldn't post these there. I can email them to you if you want me to as this is as big as dotphoto allows them to be, and it is to small for printing.
i6D9699A9-30DF-4BE0-9E57-7D277DABC0C9.jpg

iB2C53853-C270-4E7E-B910-4E29D68CBCA7.jpg

:thumbsup2 I wanna play with the stuffed animals.

KristineN said:
I had to climb up that damn 10 foot mountain of stuffed animals to line them all up and have them all looking in the same direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter