The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrsHeg said:
:wizard: :wizard: Glynis, hope the little ones get better quick, with four of them under the weather you certainly have your hands full.

What an amazing transformation you've gone through, Congratulations, you are definitely an inspiration!

Thanks! I definitely couldn't have done as well without my support group here!

1.gif

Wow! Glynis you look amazing! Great Job! :thumbsup2

I hope all the kiddos start to feeling much better soon. It seems that Leighanna is the only one who has escaped this cold. Thank Goodness!

UP Disney said:
Chuck says Wow! I second that emotion! You look absolutely awesome! Congratulations on working so hard and doing such a great job! I'm so proud of you.

Thanks. That means more than you'll ever know!

bear74 said:
Jen did you get all your homework done?
Have you started packing?

I got a TON of homework done today..I have one more paper to do, but i cant do it til after Monday when I meet with my professor...everything else is done!

I actually just packed now..I wasnt planning on packing til sometime next week, but i was bored and tired of homework so i went for it...all i have left to pack is the last minute stuff--dresses (they go in the bag, which isnt out yet), makeup, medicine, money, camera, jewelry and license..other than that...ready to cruise!

Glynis said:
Things are crazy here! Leslie came down with croup on Thursday. She just has sounded horrible. Luckily, she's on steroids now to help with her breathing. Yesterday, Mary started coughing, and last night it was Katie and Jacob's turn. Mary, Katie and Jacob are also running pretty high fevers. Can I just say, "NOT FUN!" Luckily, Alan is home this weekend, so we are dealing with it together.

I'm downloading the pictures Alan took of me, so in the next few minutes I should be able to post my before and after pictures. Stay tuned.....

Glynis, :wizard: that everyone gets healthy again quickly!

Is anyone that is on now a designer? I have a request for a DIS friend that is leaving for disney Tuesday--can anyone help?

bear74 said:
I bought Jeff a pair of lounge pants from Disney.com that have a picture of grumpy on them. I want to make him a T-shirt to sleep in to go with them. I was thinking of putting a picture of grumpy on it, just not sure what wording to use.
I found a pair of flannel Pj pants for me that are pink and have pink and white snow flakes on them, I found in Jan a long sleeve sleep t-shirt at walmart. I want to put a design on it but am not surewhat.

Anyboby have any suggestions?

Could you do one of the winter Princess designs, to go with the snowflakes on the pants?

Glynis said:
Ok, here are the promised pictures.

Before:

P1010036.jpg

P1010030.jpg

After:

DSCN0687.jpg

DSCN0689.jpg

Glynis, you look wonderful, (actually before and after). I know that you must feel so much healthier now, and you look just fabulous. Downright skinny ! :thumbsup2

PrincessLeighsDaddy said:
1.gif

Wow! Glynis you look amazing! Great Job! :thumbsup2

I hope all the kiddos start to feeling much better soon. It seems that Leighanna is the only one who has escaped this cold. Thank Goodness!

Thanks, Tom! I have to say, your smiley had me laughing. That was the reaction I got from a friend I haven't seen in a couple of years. She saw me at my heaviest, and her reaction was priceless! I love it!!!

I'm just glad the kids all decided to get sick now! Usually, it's right on Thanksgiving day. Nothing like spending hours cooking, and then having your kids too sick to eat any of it!

ellenbenny said:
Glynis, you look wonderful, (actually before and after). I know that you must feel so much healthier now, and you look just fabulous. Downright skinny ! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I do feel much healthier!

Glynis said:
Could you do one of the winter Princess designs, to go with the snowflakes on the pants?
that was what I was thinking but I can't remember which designer did them.

Well if anyone on here is in the mood to design something for me , i have a favor to ask..
This is a request from one of my friends..This is what she typed:

Hi all! Anyone of you creative DISers have some time to spare for me? My DD is going to have her hair cut at WDW next week and we are mailing it in to Locks of Love. I was thinking that maybe I should make her a tshirt to put on afterwards, since I know she will be SO proud of herself!

There can be pictures or artwork with words, or just words....but I don't know what to have it say. She's 7 and a sweetheart!

So I have to tell my story, even though I'm still in shock and not sure if I want to talk about it. Weds. afternoon my DS Scott called to tell me about a very scary thing that happened to him and his friends. He is in his first year at Michigan State University, in East Lansing, MI.

Apparently he and a few friends were walking back from a halloween party late at night when one of his friends threw some pine needles at a passing by car. (Stupid I know, but not worthy of what came next.) Well the car stopped and 4 guys got out and started arguing and harassing and shoving the kids. Words and shoving were exchanged, until one of the guys that stopped pulled out a handgun. Upon seeing the gun, my son took off across the street, but his roommate must be a tough guy because he decided to mouth off to the guy further. The guy proceeded to hit him in the back of the head with the gun. Roommate turned around to fight, and bad guy hit him in the face a couple of more times with the gun. Meanwhile, my DS stopped a passing by car and contacted the police. Bad guys took off, but the police came, and my son was able to tell the police which way they went, and they caught the guys. Bad guy was found with a loaded handgun!!!! :scared1: My son's roommate ended up with 13 stitches on the back of his head, and more on his face near his eye and near his mouth. Thank god it wasn't worse though!

Here is a link to the story: http://www.statenews.com/article.phtml?pk=38538

I was shaking as my son told me the story, and I am still freaked out about it.

This is why my kids should not have been allowed to grow up and face the world on their own!! OK, I know that's not true, but can you blame me for feeling that way?

I just needed to vent.

ellenbenny said:
So I have to tell my story, even though I'm still in shock and not sure if I want to talk about it. Weds. afternoon my DS Scott called to tell me about a very scary thing that happened to him and his friends. He is in his first year at Michigan State University, in East Lansing, MI.

Apparently he and a few friends were walking back from a halloween party late at night when one of his friends threw some pine needles at a passing by car. (Stupid I know, but not worthy of what came next.) Well the car stopped and 4 guys got out and started arguing and harassing and shoving the kids. Words and shoving were exchanged, until one of the guys that stopped pulled out a handgun. Upon seeing the gun, my son took off across the street, but his roommate must be a tough guy because he decided to mouth off to the guy further. The guy proceeded to hit him in the back of the head with the gun. Roommate turned around to fight, and bad guy hit him in the face a couple of more times with the gun. Meanwhile, my DS stopped a passing by car and contacted the police. Bad guys took off, but the police came, and my son was able to tell the police which way they went, and they caught the guys. Bad guy was found with a loaded handgun!!!! :scared1: My son's roommate ended up with 13 stitches on the back of his head, and more on his face near his eye and near his mouth. Thank god it wasn't worse though!

Here is a link to the story: http://www.statenews.com/article.phtml?pk=38538

I was shaking as my son told me the story, and I am still freaked out about it.

This is why my kids should not have been allowed to grow up and face the world on their own!! OK, I know that's not true, but can you blame me for feeling that way?

I just needed to vent.
:grouphug: for you good thing your son had the smarts to not stay their.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter