The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello DDA'ers,

We are back from our week at Disney and had a great time. I finally got to have a Dole Whip and Beer Cheddar Soup.

I loved the Dole Whip!!!.....I had mine in a cone and my Aunt liked it so much she went back and had one in a pineapple float. I couldn't find them until our 2nd day there in Adventureland.

The weather was great. Out of our 6 days we only had rain on 3 of them. At Epcot and MGM the rain started around 6pm but only lasted a couple of hours. We dodged it with our rain ponchos and still went in and out of the attractions. Our 1st day at MK on Tuesday it started raining around noon.....we had ADR's at Tony's and the Castle so we got fast passes for Buzz Lightyear before our ADR's and went our separate ways for our lunch and then met back and did Buzz. We left the park then.....around 4pm and went home to rest a bit and put on some dry clothes. We knew it would be cooler in the evening. We headed back around 8pm and was able to do the Haunted Mansion and the Speedway before the 10pm Wishes and the 11pm Spectromagic Parade. GUESS WHAT?? I was on main street at 12:15am and it was so beautiful and so quiet!!! That is what I wanted to do more than anything.

For 4 days we had 18 people with us......one day 21 people and one day 20 people. We had a few family members that live down there that only came for one day. My cousin Cammie helped me with the FP's. I would get everyone in line for an attraction and we would take off to get FP's for a larger attraction. I think our longest wait time for any attraction my have only been 20-30 minutes. That was at attractions that didn't have FP's.

Most of the time I would put them in line for a thrill ride and keep the 4 smaller kids with me and I would go get FP's for another ride. We had 2 - 3yr olds and 2 - 5yr olds that couldn't ride all the rides.

My Vertigo was o.k.......still bothered me at times so I didn't tempt fate and go overboard. The only roller coastser I did was the Mountain Railroad at MK. I really wanted to do RRC and SM but I was worried about it being in the dark. I did so Soarin'.......I was a bit worried but it was GREAT!!! I loved it!!!

All in all it was a great trip. It was difficult at times with 18 people. 5 of them are smokers so I really had a hard time with finding smoking areas for them. They were easy to find on the map I just didn't want to stop for them. That was the biggest compromise I guess I had to make. I hated sitting there waiting 10 minutes for them to smoke when we could be heading to the next attraction.

I did get to talk to Glynis and Jen. I had two sleeping little ones in a stroller waiting for everyone else to get off SM. Glynis was in the waiting line at Carosel of Progress. I told her when everyone got off I would come over to wait for her. Well when everyone got off we realized we left our red/black backpack in Adventureland. We took off over there and found it right where we left it. By then an hour had passed and Glynis had already left for WCC to have dinner with Kate and everyone. I talked to Jen but they had already left to get their marathon passes. They were at MK but heard that the wait time for the passes was short so they left quickly to get over there.

That is the short version.........only version..........for my trip report. We have already strated talking about Jan 2010 for our next "big" trip. I am pretty sure that David and I with the boys will do our own small trip before then.

Oh and by the way.......on Jan the 1st we were at MGM. It was my mom's
60th birthday and we all had matching shirts on.......there was 20 of us on that day. I went to guest relations to get her birthday pin and asked about my mom and stepdad being in the parade and they said YES!!!! It was the most magical thing that could have happened to us. They were in the 1st car in the parade and got to stand in a VIP spot and watch the rest of the parade and all the characters came up to her and gave her a hug. Of course when the other 18 of us saw them coming we all started waving and screaming. It is something I will never forget.

Lynn

Hello DDA'ers,

We are back from our week at Disney and had a great time. I finally got to have a Dole Whip and Beer Cheddar Soup.

I loved the Dole Whip!!!.....I had mine in a cone and my Aunt liked it so much she went back and had one in a pineapple float. I couldn't find them until our 2nd day there in Adventureland.

The weather was great. Out of our 6 days we only had rain on 3 of them. At Epcot and MGM the rain started around 6pm but only lasted a couple of hours. We dodged it with our rain ponchos and still went in and out of the attractions. Our 1st day at MK on Tuesday it started raining around noon.....we had ADR's at Tony's and the Castle so we got fast passes for Buzz Lightyear before our ADR's and went our separate ways for our lunch and then met back and did Buzz. We left the park then.....around 4pm and went home to rest a bit and put on some dry clothes. We knew it would be cooler in the evening. We headed back around 8pm and was able to do the Haunted Mansion and the Speedway before the 10pm Wishes and the 11pm Spectromagic Parade. GUESS WHAT?? I was on main street at 12:15am and it was so beautiful and so quiet!!! That is what I wanted to do more than anything.

For 4 days we had 18 people with us......one day 21 people and one day 20 people. We had a few family members that live down there that only came for one day. My cousin Cammie helped me with the FP's. I would get everyone in line for an attraction and we would take off to get FP's for a larger attraction. I think our longest wait time for any attraction my have only been 20-30 minutes. That was at attractions that didn't have FP's.

Most of the time I would put them in line for a thrill ride and keep the 4 smaller kids with me and I would go get FP's for another ride. We had 2 - 3yr olds and 2 - 5yr olds that couldn't ride all the rides.

My Vertigo was o.k.......still bothered me at times so I didn't tempt fate and go overboard. The only roller coastser I did was the Mountain Railroad at MK. I really wanted to do RRC and SM but I was worried about it being in the dark. I did so Soarin'.......I was a bit worried but it was GREAT!!! I loved it!!!

All in all it was a great trip. It was difficult at times with 18 people. 5 of them are smokers so I really had a hard time with finding smoking areas for them. They were easy to find on the map I just didn't want to stop for them. That was the biggest compromise I guess I had to make. I hated sitting there waiting 10 minutes for them to smoke when we could be heading to the next attraction.

I did get to talk to Glynis and Jen. I had two sleeping little ones in a stroller waiting for everyone else to get off SM. Glynis was in the waiting line at Carosel of Progress. I told her when everyone got off I would come over to wait for her. Well when everyone got off we realized we left our red/black backpack in Adventureland. We took off over there and found it right where we left it. By then an hour had passed and Glynis had already left for WCC to have dinner with Kate and everyone. I talked to Jen but they had already left to get their marathon passes. They were at MK but heard that the wait time for the passes was short so they left quickly to get over there.

That is the short version.........only version..........for my trip report. We have already strated talking about Jan 07 for our next "big" trip. I am pretty sure that David and I with the boys will do our own small trip before then.

Oh and by the way.......on Jan the 1st we were at MGM. It was my mom's
60th birthday and we all had matching shirts on.......there was 20 of us on that day. I went to guest relations to get her birthday pin and asked about my mom and stepdad being in the parade and they said YES!!!! It was the most magical thing that could have happened to us. They were in the 1st car in the parade and got to stand in a VIP spot and watch the rest of the parade and all the characters came up to her and gave her a hug. Of course when the other 18 of us saw them coming we all started waving and screaming. It is something I will never forget.

Lynn

Welcome back!! sounds like a great trip--cant wait to see pictures!

one more thing.........Pal Mickey Andy had a great time. The kids all wanted to hold him around the parks. They always would come running to me when he would start vibrating. Everyone really enjoyed him.

Question...........where does he go to next?? The sheet in the box didn't even have him coming to me so I wanted to be sure I sent him to the correct destination.

Can someone let me know............thanks.......Lynn

So I'm watching the Simpson's and they are showing one of Marge's home videos and they are playing the music during the home video from Impressions de France.:thumbsup2

So I try to be bad and my body is hating me right now. My co-workers and I went out for our belated Holiday party. I ate too much junk food and am paying for it now. I feel sooo sick.:headache: Teach me to eat junk food. I am jumping full on in to the healthier lifestyle tomorrow. Hence why I delayed starting it as I knew this was coming.

Lynn,

Sounds like a wonderful trip! That was a nice dose of pixie dust for your mom & stepdad!!!!!

one more thing.........Pal Mickey Andy had a great time. The kids all wanted to hold him around the parks. They always would come running to me when he would start vibrating. Everyone really enjoyed him.

Question...........where does he go to next?? The sheet in the box didn't even have him coming to me so I wanted to be sure I sent him to the correct destination.

He goes to Clare next. His schedule is the 3rd post in the Pal Mickey stickey at the top of the DISigns forum.

He is scheduled to be gone over there for a couple of months. Please ship him the 7-10 day if possible. Let me know how much it is and I can either pay you via PayPal or send you a check. Just let me know what works best for you. If you can ship him out early this week that would be great.

I'm glad you had a good time with him.

I am LOVING this weather! I have a feeling that were going to have a big snowstorm sometime though..like this is the calm before the storm!

I would like some calm before the storm please!!

Jim said the potholes on the way home from church were ridiculous!!

I didn't go to church today...spent most of the day sleeping...have never had a migraine last this long...I can't be sick the next couple of days....dumb annual report!!!:headache:

Lynn- Glad to hear you had a fantastic trip. The pictures look great too.

Lynn..

So glad you and Andy had a great time!!! Sounds absolutely magical for your mom and stepdad!!

I would like some calm before the storm please!!

Jim said the potholes on the way home from church were ridiculous!!

I didn't go to church today...spent most of the day sleeping...have never had a migraine last this long...I can't be sick the next couple of days....dumb annual report!!!:headache:

Theresa,

Migraines are just the pits pixiedust:
I can also understand the annual report stress.
Stephanie, bless her heart really gets stressed and towards the end I think everyone's hair is standing on end hoping it comes together!!!

Theresa - no, no, no! You are supposed to be better by now! :wizard:

Lynn - sounds like you had a magical trip! Thanks for the report!

Well, I picked the kids up and we went out to eat at Olive Garden. I wasn't really hungry (I think I'm still full from the Melting Pot) so I just had the 3 appetizer platter for my entree. I didn't get a present from the kids, because it "isn't ready" yet. From the slips they've made, I'm guessing I'm getting a coffee mug from a paint your own pottery place we have here. I think it still needs to be fired. Anyway, they had done one for me a few years ago for Christmas, with their handprints on it. It was my coffee mug I used at work, until several months ago when I dropped and broke it. I was heartbroken. I still have the pieces in my office, as I can't bring myself to throw them out. So, I hope I'm getting a new one!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter